[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How're you holding up /fit/? Tell me how you've been

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 194
Thread images: 37

File: 1483770709004.jpg (61KB, 480x636px) Image search: [Google]
1483770709004.jpg
61KB, 480x636px
How're you holding up /fit/? Tell me how you've been recently. Anything you need to vent about? Any triumphs you wanna share? A funny thing happen at the gym? Tell us about it

>Inb4 not relevant; mental health is a component of fitness. Talking about shit makes us all feel better

>Pic unrelated; I just didn't want to start a thread with the feels guy
>>
File: 1499856506496.png (192KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1499856506496.png
192KB, 640x480px
I don't want to be lonely anymore.
>>
>>42277824
Not trying to be harsh, or make fun of you. I've been in your shoes. But what are you doing to rectify that situation? Have you tried joining any local clubs? Or taking up a hobby that has a social element such as mma or rock climbing?
>>
Lost about 50kg of weight but it turns out I'm still too autistic to make friends. pls help /fit/

Yes I'm diagnosed.
>>
File: IMG_1162.jpg (50KB, 600x579px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1162.jpg
50KB, 600x579px
Just spent 6 weeks no lifting because of a surgery for a hernia
A month prior to that I hurt my back squatting
Still have feels for my ex gf who dumped me a year ago

BUT

tomorrow is the first day I can lift again so that's pretty cool
And my back doesn't bother me anymore so that's pretty cool
>>
Yeh man. Ive been having trouble getting off my ass and going into the gym lately. My body wants to but my brain doesn't and its fuckin me up. Plus im losing weight im down to 130 and eating 3 square meals isnt doing shit. Think I might be retarded or something
>>
>>42277861
try making some homemade weightgainer shakes (only if you go to the gym though)
>>
File: TFW.gif (1000KB, 245x245px) Image search: [Google]
TFW.gif
1000KB, 245x245px
>>42277447
>hate my job
>no friends/gf
>have to pretend to be a normie at work

im not going to kill myself but boyhowdy do i need someone to talk to
>>
>>42277447
Got a job interview tomorrow. Not going to drink tonight
>>
>>42277447
I have a job over summer at a hotel working full time, I'm trying to save while I'm still at uni to get ahead with a small business plan. I also moved in with my gf recently which is a very expensive process.

So I have no money, I'm working 40-50 hours a week to get money, but I'm only making £7.05 an hour which makes me want to vomit, and I work a lot of split shifts which destroys my sleep cycle and I'm very sleep deprived.

I can't afford a gym for now, I have a pull-up bar so can do home stuff but even when I have the energy I don't have the food quality.

So I'm pretty bummed out basically
>>
>>42277447
been using a lot of caffeine and yohimbine, scared of a heart attack lmao

but hey atleast I'm losing weight quickly
>>
Been doing well, all things considered. Been maintaining a regular gym attendance, so working out hasn't been a chore. Slack on a few days (leg day) for the last two weeks, but looking to make it up by working in a leg exercise on my other days. Body goals are in sight, slowly going up to 160lbs, though been hovering at 153-155lbs. My lifts are modest, but I think I can do better. Pushing for the 1/2/3/4 goal, but I think my squats and deads are going to take a while as I train my lower body for it, as my OHP and bench are pretty much in reach. Possibly hitting the 160lbs mark will be when I might be seeing those met.

Socially, things are at a lull. There's this qt I've had two dates with, had very long talks that she seemed to be very engaged and interested in. Only other times I've been able to see her regularly is when she's at her work, which at one time recently she took her break to hang out with me. She is also very insistent on giving my free/discounted items when I order stuff. Thing is, I don't know if she's fully interested, as I know she has a male friend she seems close with as well. She only introduced him as a friend, so there's that. Been trying to figure when and how to ask the question is she'd be open to do more.
>>
>>42277852

You know what to do.
>>
>>42277447
I'm somewhat stuck in a financial loop living month to month but I'm surviving. It's pretty much an enforced monk mode where I can literally afford to do nothing more than lift, eat, work and sleep.

I've got a sick PC though so that helps.
>>
>>42277447
I saw one of my favorite bands at a festival. I ran into them later in the day after their set and got to just shoot the breeze for over an hour one-on-one. It was amazing.
>>
Fucked a girl who is insanely pretty, didn't even mean to or try but turns out she's liked me for ages. Wouldn't stop running her hands over my body after and told a mutual friend that I have a great body.

Downside is that she's a friends ex and he would be devastated if he found out so I can't make her my gf, so back to being alone.
>>
>>42278258
Go drinking with her and see how she acts when shes had a few. If she agrees to come thats a good sign and you can always turn it into friendly drinks if things go south
>>
File: 1484719797977.jpg (2MB, 1579x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1484719797977.jpg
2MB, 1579x1920px
>>42277447
I've been becoming more of a sociopath recently. I am beginning to think that all that matters on a social level is how people perceive me. "Being yourself" or "having integrity" is bullshit, I get better results pretending to "be myself" or pretending to "have integrity" in the correct situations.

It's just seeming easier and easier to only care about myself and no one else. If you're a top tier sociopath no one would should even notice right? How can this not be the right path for the self aware and intelligent? All actions lead to bettering the self, or pleasure for the self.

Reminder that lifting weights is only for yourself, it does not benefit anyone else...and if it does benefit dickhead from down the street because you helped him lift his trailer and you used something similar to a deadlift you only did that so that you had him in debt in the form of a favor that may be exchanged in the future.
>>
I'm pretty sure I got ghosted by someone I've known for 3 years in an on again off again relationship
>>
>>42277447
I haven't recently given up on looking for love and putting women on a pedastool, I'm start working out again, making decent money and hopefully going to get a city job soon, which pays 40 an hour.

Down side I'm alone but focused and balding lol. Fuck a bitch.
>>
>>42277447
People are starting to notice that I've lost weight and are complimenting me on it. Feels fucking good man. Only 28 more lbs to go.
>>
>>42279799
You're not a sociopath you're pragmatic and utilitarian. A sociopath is someone that feels no empathy towards others. Being a self serving manipulative person doesn't make you a sociopath so long as you have the capacity to feel bad when you fuck people over.
>>
>>42277447
>taking dnp
>almost at week 2
>have only lost 2lbs
>drink 2 gallons of water a day
>eat below maintenance
>exercise almost everyday
Every time I get on the scale I feel defeated because people online all rant and rave about how much they lost and im here not even close to where I need to be.
>>
>>42279953
Dude the max you're going to lose in a week is 2lbs. It takes months to even years depending on how much weight you're trying to lose.
>>
>>42279953
Also I just looked up what DNP is and are you out of your fucking mind? Just lose weight the old fashioned way. It's safer and healthier. You're never going to make it if you try to cheat and cut corners.
>>
>>42279970
people always post how they lost 10+ pounds easy, I'm 185.8 currently and need to get to 170, and i thought this could help the process
>>
File: 1501022736737.png (291KB, 559x399px) Image search: [Google]
1501022736737.png
291KB, 559x399px
>>42277447
>tfw 2 gf's
>>
>>42280011
>never gonna make it
>on a board that cherishes the man who said that
>as he cheated and cut corners
sounds like you're never gonna make it
>>
>>42280020
Yeah they lost 10+ pounds taking fucking poison. DNP used to used to make fucking explosives and pesticides. A 100mg dose can cause serious side effects or death. You're literally risking your life taking that shit because you can't be patient. Throw that shit out now before it kills you.
>>
File: 1476907717785.jpg (75KB, 604x453px) Image search: [Google]
1476907717785.jpg
75KB, 604x453px
>applied for masters in two of three best universities in the country
>worked hard af to get ready for the exams
>one day before the exam got some headache, rash and bodytemp went all the way to 38C
>chickenpox
>can't attend exams
>need to wait for a fucking year to try again
That fucking coincidence almost broke me, /fit/, I already lag behind most of my peers for a year and now it's going to be twice as much.
>>
>>42280060
>100mg can kill you
brah read up and stop believing in the scare tactics. The LD50 is 1200mg I'm currently at 625mg and that's why I'm upset.
>>
Got a new job but it seems really easy so i will have to see
>>
I want to start gaining muscle, but I feel like I'll just look like an idiot since I'm a short 5'5 asian dude. I remember in high school there was this 5'0 asian guy that was buff as fuck and tried to intimidate everyone with his buffness, and everyone just laughed at him behind his back like a tiny chihuahua that tries to be threatening but nobody takes it seriously since it is still just a tiny chihuahua.

I go on /fit/ every now and again for motivation but I end up just never doing anything about it, and i'm frustrated at myself. If I can't gain muscle, I'd like to at least exercise or something lose weight since I'm skinny and i'd like to think I have a decent face, but all my fat goes to my stomach which makes me look disgusting and I can't get a gf.

I want to eat less and exercise more but I've gotten so used to always overeating that eating less less leaves me feeling too hungry and without enough energy to get through the day. I barely have time to exercise either.

Aside from a lack of time due to working/studying most of the time, I'm aware that most of my problems are just in my own head and they're something I just need to get over, but i've always had this issue my whole life where It's really hard for me to start something, especially something that feels overwhelming at first since there's so much to look into when getting fit like what to do, what to eat, etc. but once I start something, I find it easy to keep it going, it's always just starting that's the hardest part.

How do I get myself to just... do it?
I'm the kind of person to easily lose motivation and I hate it. I can never stick to anything I do and I constantly leave things unfinished and I have terrible will power and self control and I hate it. Getting a strong body sounds easy enough since all I'd have to do is lift a bunch of heavy things, but how do I get a strong mind?
>>
>>42278123
your gif is going to fucking kill me anon.
>>
>>42278067
I cant afford the gym right now so im doing 100 push ups and sit ups and a mile run. Any recommendations on that weightgainer shake? Ive got whey protein and oats with some fruit would that make a good shake?
>>
>>42277447
I have absolutely no drive to do anything
>don't wanna go to class
>don't wanna look for an internship
>don't wanna lift
>don't wanna make food
>don't wanna wake up
I've been forcing myself to go do stuff, and it's definitely helping, but Ive just been so apathetic about life for like the past 3 weeks
>>
>>42280392
You can still lift and put on muscle but don't go full retard strength/bodybuilding with it. Focus more on low weight high reps and flexibility exercises.

Make what you've got toned and hard.
>>
I've been stuck in a retail job for the last year and a half but it makes more money than an entry level job around me. It's really dragging on my mood.
>>
>>42277843
Not him, but I did such things and have already gone through all the women I know. There are no more to be interested in.
>>
>>42281022
I'll do just that, then. I appreciate the advice, anon.
>>
Drew up a new fitness plan for myself with a female instructor at the gym today. She complimented me on my height and physical strength, but I'm sure she was just being polite.

My goal is to improve my core more before I start uni.

Overall, things could be worse.
>>
>>42279117
Don't deny your own happiness for others. Because no one will do the same for you
>>
>>42277447
Going back to school for nursing so I've been preparing for that all summer long.
In the meantime been working at Amazon warehouse and I fucking hate me life:
Pros:
>ok pay with health benefits (I'm 26)
>highly physical so I don't need to do cardio in my spare time

Cons:
>over nights
>mandatory OTso I'm working 50 hrs a week
>job itself is so easy 10 minutes of work feels like an hour

I honestly can't wait to go full-time student next week so I can quit this hell hole
>>
>>42281907
Meant next spring not week
>>
How do I stop caring what others think? I honestly believe this is one of the things that is keeping me from being really happy. For example, I try to avoid certain clothes that I think I look good in, because people will start saying shit like "look at this faggot that looks good in those clothes", same with the haircut, I have a shitty haircut because I dont want to look better to avoid judgements.
Am I just a narcissistic beta faggot? If so, any advice on how to overcome this shity perspective?
>>
File: 1500042346802.jpg (60KB, 700x896px) Image search: [Google]
1500042346802.jpg
60KB, 700x896px
Moving apartments soon to escape my shitty party girl roommates (wouldn't fuck them with a rented dick, serious slags. Set me up a few of their cute friends though, which wasn't bad)
Moving into my tiny new place on Tuesday.
Still kicking ass at my new office job, had to call in sick today though because I puked up all of my dinner this morning, has to spend today so far laying in bed sipping water. Hate missing work.
I'm hoping I feel okay enough by dinner to go lift.
Bench and ohp are progressing in spite of my cut, but squats are poverty teir and deadlifts are decreasing. I'm down 27lbs since April though.
>>
I'm on a light cut, about 300-400 kcal a day. I just started lifting, and my lifts aren't really increasing, they're just stagnant (and lightweight, considering I just started). Is this normal? Am I fucking myself by lifting every day while cutting when I'm new? Trying to slim down right now, I get about 100-110g of protein daily, but I don't want to gain any more fat. Right now I'm about 5'9", 162 lbs.
>>
Physically things have been going great. I started a new PPL program after I graduated and I've been making steady progress and got my abs back after my bulk. However, I start college in 20 days and I'm terrified I won't be smart enough or everyone will think I'm autismo. I graduated with honors and tons of friends but this new start has me a little spooked.
>>
Last night was the third or fourth time in a month I've dreamt of a girl I've seen once since I've graduated in 2015. Besides that, I have some issues with the financial aid office for my university I'm trying to transfer to, and I'm the verge of saying fuck it and bailing out of here to a place that's far away. I'm trying to resolve this issue, but part of me hopes I can't so I have nothing besides family and friends tethering me to my hometown. I could be gone by September.
>>
>>42280020
Try an EC(A) stack. Works well and far less dangerous.
>>
File: 1500863145208.jpg (63KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
1500863145208.jpg
63KB, 640x1136px
I don't feel like being in a relationship i don't feel like it's caused by my 3years being single i just don't want it so problem solved somehow

I try and work on myself my lifts are almost at 1/2/3/4

I try to read more and more

I changed my career and i plan on starting boxing this year

There is still a problem tho i feel like my social me is not the real me not like i need attention it's just that i can't help being noisy and always trying to be funny i know i don't need to act that way to be appreciated but i can't help it
So i kinda feel like the annoying guy in the group that hurt
>>
>>42281994
I've been there. You'll get the occasional offhand comment from your friends for it, and occasionally a weird look or something. For the most part though, nobody actually gives a shit, and you should always remember that.
>>
>>42281907
sup, fellow (future) nurse.

just graduated back in may almost at the top of my class in the best in state school. our doctorate program is one of the best in the country. graduated summa cum laude, destroying my expectations by others (my undergrad was terrible). had some amazing references from clinicals, was able to get into the highest acuity/most advanced pediatric cardiac ICU in the state, if not nearly the country. was able to participate in the care of a world-first surgical device implantation.

and yet, i still don't have a job after 3 months of trying. people with less skills and worse grades and experiences than me are getting the jobs i wanted. people with shit references and awful personalities are getting my backup jobs. I've had multiple 'final' peer interviews, which i felt i nailed, but didn't get a callback. I don't know what's wrong with me, my resume, or my interviewing skills, except that apparently, i once said something that could be interpreted as 'sexist', which is fucking ridiculous- why would anyone sexist EVER become a male nurse? fucking retarded.

in addition, this is complicated by the fact that i'm running out of money, have student loans to repay, and my girlfriend of 4 years left me last month (after signing another 12 month lease and subsequently bailing), so i'm stuck either with the prospect of paying double what i used to be for rent/utilities, or having a stranger for a roommate at nearly 30 years old.

Also haven't had sex in like 2 months now, nor have i met a decent girl yet despite being pretty active and going out on several occasions. Shit sucks.

On the plus side, only 5 more pounds to finish my cut to 8%, and hit a 175lb OHP at 150lbs bw, and looking and lifting much better than i ever have been.

Regardless, keep up the nursing route, it's great, despite my recent shitty luck.
>>
>>42280400
I agree
>>
>>42279953
Keto my bro
>>
File: 1461252407454.gif (197KB, 248x224px) Image search: [Google]
1461252407454.gif
197KB, 248x224px
>>42278123
delet that gif
>>
>>42282032
please respond
>>
File: 1433092885632.jpg (41KB, 530x444px) Image search: [Google]
1433092885632.jpg
41KB, 530x444px
>>42277447
I want to fall in love again, it's been 10 years already
>>
>>42281703
>doing a workout plan with a PT

summer gtfo
>>
File: WH2zzmV.png (958KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
WH2zzmV.png
958KB, 720x960px
>tfw haven't felt deep and beautiful infatuation for a girl since high school
>tfw have very superficial liking for certain girls but nowhere as meaningful as it was before
>>
>Taking a paycut cos work is slow
>got dumped
>no friends where I live
>can't lift cos of injured wrist

Give me one reason not to kill myself
>>
I am 22 years old and I have arthritis and I'm bald. I think my life is over.
>>
File: image.jpg (21KB, 300x218px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21KB, 300x218px
My inner autism has combined with lifting to give me a resolve I didn't know was there.
>>
>>42282444
>>42282426

Have you thought about volunteering yourself to become a cyborg?
>>
>>42282459
I don't think the limb technology is there yet. And if it is, it would be very expensive
>>
>>42282241
Thanks for the input. Sorry about your shitty luck I know this sounds easier said than done but have you tried applying for any out of state nursing jobs?
>>
File: IMG_0328.jpg (136KB, 678x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0328.jpg
136KB, 678x960px
>>42277447
>get into elevator at my college dorm with 3 faggots and a lesbian
>they all reek of marijuana and alcohol and are drunk af
>stand at front of elevator to avoid their faggotry as they stand behind me
>Faggot A says to faggot B "come here let me kiss"
>faggot B steps closer to him but hear no kissing
>faggot A says "hey, come here and let me kiss you, pretty boy"
>puts his hand around my neck as he says this
>go fucking ape shit
>grab this cocksucker by his neck and pin him against the elevator wall and then punch repeatedly the metal wall against him
>faggot A freaks the fuck out and faggot B asks me to stop but I just elbow him in the neck
>"keep your faggot fingers off me and don't you fucking faggots ever fuck with me again!"
>gets off elevator and call them "disgusting creatures"

I'm really mad about this still and I haven't gotten this mad ever before in quite some time. All these bad memories that I've had from before started creeping me up on me again and I honestly don't know why.

Any anons know?
>>
>>42282480
that's why i said volunteer, as in give your body to advance that shit at the cost of your life.

at least you dying for somenthing
>>
Dese breads are bretty comfy
>>
>>42282485
stuck in a year long lease that i can't get out of, so not yet.
>>
>>42282548
Damn you can't sublease it?
>>
>>42282580
nope, rental laws in state are shitty and really heavily favor landlords.
>>
>>42282513
Nah I don't wanna die yet
>>
>tfw best friend is my oneitis and most likely will never return my feelings
i just want a fairytale ending...
>>
Eh, good and bad. I have a steady girlfriend now who's awesome and I'm training to be a pro wrestler. But I'm job searching so I can get paid better and move and it's not going well. Plus I've only been going to the gym like once or twice a week because wrestling takes so much out of me
>>
>>42282198
Thanks for the advice, m8. Ill try to remember that next time I feel doubt.
>>
>>42282497
Damn, thats not an adecuate reaction to that, I mean, completely innecesary violence. Why did you do acted so mad?
>>
>>42282845
are you fucking stupid or just pretending to be?

euther way just stop
>>
>>42282852
Tell me your problems, anon
>>
>>42282845
He was sexually assualted you dumb fuck
>>
>>42282984
was molested when i was 11
my father used to whip me and my brothers with a horse whip (from 4 to 14 years old)
he made fun of me with his brother (my uncle) about me being molested, called me a cocksucker
currently addicted to opiates and benzos
will probably commit suicide soon
>>
>>42277857
Things are getting better anon push through!
>>
>>42278123
You've always got us! Love you boy!
>>
>>42277447
>tfw too poor to afford a gym sub etc in the city
>tfw can't get a job because tough studies
well, at least I can do some shit at home, did a few push up routines, planked and sat against the wall

It sure feels good to work out once again, used to train in a certain sport so I've got smth, but not enough obviously, can anyone give the chart of body levels?
>>
I'm trying to IF and my boss and landlord both keep buying me beer and booze in social settings. I will drink 8 lonestars or a couple glasses of burbon, lose my focus so I can't study, widen the time not fasting, and feel like shit the next day.

They mean well and have done a lot for me, but god damn it. I'm never gonna cut if I'm drinking 1000cal of beer 3 nights a week.
>>
File: image.png (826KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
826KB, 640x960px
Girlfriend of 6 months who I have hella feelings for just admitted she's loosing feelings for me, I tried hard to save it but it didn't work and ended up ending the relashionship. Feel a little bit unmotivated and depressed about getting new girls but hitting the gym and hanging out with buddy's tonight to make me feel better. I hope all is going well with you /b/ros.
>>
File: double_chocolate_muffins.jpg (70KB, 530x529px) Image search: [Google]
double_chocolate_muffins.jpg
70KB, 530x529px
i really want some fucking muffins rn
>>
>>42282845
Are you implying that it is wrong to physically defend yourself from verbal and physical sexual harrasment.

What in your mind is the appropriate reaction. I'm just curious.
>>
File: 1498354980432.png (99KB, 295x300px) Image search: [Google]
1498354980432.png
99KB, 295x300px
Why is it so unnaturally hard to get a good job and a cute girlfriend?

Why are student debt and house prices up 1,000,000%?

We know that money isn't going towards national parks, the environment, health care, mental health, or healing the inner cities like parts of Chicago. What sort of fucking nightmare world is going on here? I want to get a career in biofuels, but my local lab has had its funding slashed.
>>
>girlfriend still not working out with me, eating better though
>personal training job fucking sucks, my last paycheck was $100 because the chain gym I work for is cancer
>get a second job and I still can't afford to move out of parent's house
>depression is worse than it's ever been, procrastinating getting food because I dont want to leave the house
>head constantly feels fuzzy and blurry, feel like day to day life is harder for me than everyone else

Why is existence so exhausting, /fit/?
>>
>>42283527
>What sort of fucking nightmare world is going on here?
Welfare, social benefits and social-stuff mostly, next one is prob economics/finances, I'm guessing you're from USA?

>I want to get a career in biofuels
Why not other branches of pharmacy/chemistry? Biofuels are a meme and it's right that that they are being cut down

A quick remark - if we were to plant oilseed rape (which rapes the farmland btw) or other culture that can be converted to biofuel the best, in all the possible farmable land in the world, it still would not make up for the demand of gas of today and even more of the future
>>
>>42283606
http://www.oilgae.com/algae/oil/yield/yield.html

Algae biofuel, not rapeseed. Algae doesn't compete with other crops for farmland. You can use municipal waste water as a feedstock. The problem with it is that it's expensive to extract the oil from the biomass.
>>
>>42283747
The source didn't work on that one. I used the study that's cited on wikipedia, but it's behind a paywall.
>>
I could get laid in theory. But actually I don't even give a shit, hanging with this chick is boring, I'm boring and I can't even get it up. And she's fat, like my ex. Fuck me. I wish I was at work already
>>
File: 1412881293139.jpg (83KB, 940x627px) Image search: [Google]
1412881293139.jpg
83KB, 940x627px
>Girl kept looking at me on the subway

If I see her four more times I'm gonna say hello brehs
>>
>>42278258
Ask her to go get lunch one day, you can get coffee afterwards and chill out in a park, smoke some cigarettes or something
>>
>>42278302
Shoot a school?
>>
>>42283820
Too late m8
>>
>>42277447
I started SS over a week ago, and my deadlift went from 85 to 105 when I was all warmed up which made me happy. Dunno if workout 7 days a week is a meme or the route to take as a new guy to lifting, I currently go 3 non consecutive days a week.
> t. 18 yr old skinny guy
>>
>>42283762
Doesn't algae suck out oxygen from the water - killing any life in it? You'd prob have to grow it industrially in some reservoirs, I can imagine the costs on that one
>>
I went out with friends wearing a shirt that was way too tight, felt ugly and socially awkward. then a qt kept smiling at me and talking to me and brushing up against me. still too awkward to do anything but starting to wonder if I actually look good in a tight shirt
>>
>>42283875
Cont. I read about people going 7 or 6 days a week and it intimidates me, I want to be at my best but don't know if that will make me or destroy me as a beginner.
>>
>>42283910
do the fucking program three days a week cmon bro don't be silly
>>
File: 29[1].jpg (41KB, 350x406px) Image search: [Google]
29[1].jpg
41KB, 350x406px
>>42283885
Microalgae undergoes photosynthesis like a plant would. You wouldn't have to re-purpose a lake or take drastic measures like that. In fact, there are certain types of filamentous fungi that will grow alongside algae that help increase the yield and how efficiently it can be harvested by clumping it together. There are certain types of ecosystems that algae fit into.

You can make fairly inexpensive models and extrapolate them to industry level volumes. That is a limit of knowledge, however, but one that the Obama administration made plans to step up to. For example, at an industry level, an outer layer of algae may take in all the sunlight leaving little for the layer underneath it. Sort of like how Chad gets all the girls and the betas are super lonely. Perhaps the tub/tube that algae are grown in needs to circulate. I do not believe it represents a cost that prohibits microalgae from being part of a bioeconomy of the near future.
>>
File: 1498512250110.gif (47KB, 306x469px) Image search: [Google]
1498512250110.gif
47KB, 306x469px
Been working at my first real job for a few days and it's already hell.
>Have to leave at 7am bc job starts at 8am and its far
>finish at 5 pm and get back home at 6pm
>Just have enough time to rest 5mins before heading to the gym
>get back, eat, sleep and repeat 5x / week
>paid minimal wage
Today the feels hit really hard but I got lucky and my coworkers didn't notice.But I'm not sure I'll last much longer. Fellow Wageslaves, will it get better ?
>>
>>42277447
Look at all the mental gymnastics to justify an r9k thread
>>
File: FB_IMG_1498740073362.jpg (50KB, 750x733px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1498740073362.jpg
50KB, 750x733px
Work was cancelled tonight, I really needed this shift, I have -80$ in my bank and not a whole lot of cash. I just lost one of my best friends because of some dumb shit I did whilst drunk but I think things are gonna get better now. I'm staying away from drugs and alcohol until I hit 1/2/3/4 so I think I'm gonna have money
>>
>>42284042
>Travel an hour to make minimum wage

What the fuck is wrong with your life, anon?
>>
>realizing more and more that my genetics are trash
why even bother
>>
>>42277447
Very bad time
>>
>>42284042
Whats suposed to be better anon. Life isnt a theme park
>>
>>42284069
Keep struggling anon i believe in you
>>
>>42282283
I started like you and from what I've learned you'll have a lot of difficulty increasing weight on a cut however I'd recommend you to maintain your cut at least till you have a flat stomach/abs a bit visible and then bulk and you should see your weights increasing a lot faster. Protip, if during your bulk you start to really lose your flat stomach/getting fat, do a minicut (2/3 weeks) and then resume your bulk
>>
>>42284045
r9k threads suck in r9k. they're only good when on another board
>>
Girl i am hooking up with told me she had 'almost' had a threesome in college

My bodycount is pretty high,and ive done all kinds of kinky degenerate shit
But ive never had a threesome and its really fucking bothering me
>>
>>42277447

When I visited my parents house my step dad (real old school mans man) mentioned my arms and shoulders have gotten big. Never felt such pride before.

I'm growing more front to back than side to side. I now look like two of old me taped together. I used to weigh 150lb now I weigh 203lb. I've been noticing men and women looking at my chest/torso/arms then quickly looking away when I turn around. It's weird because I'm used to being invisible til now.
>>
>>42284133
Idk, I just hoped that it could become easier as I'd get used to it but I guess I'm just fucked.
>>42284065
I havn't got the money for a car and still live with my parents (at least for the next year) who live quite far away from the nearest town
>>
File: sad_frog.jpg (18KB, 396x385px) Image search: [Google]
sad_frog.jpg
18KB, 396x385px
>tfw no gf
>>
>>42283606
Not that guy, but Sugar cane biofuel is made with the waste of the normal cultive for sugar, so it's bretty fucking good
>>
>>42283896
I bought myself a couple of well fitting sweaters. Went out with them already and holy fuck the mires I'm getting go through the roof. From both guys and girls.

Too autistic to finish it off though
>>
joined /fit/ two months ago. down from 215 to 190. seriously up'd my cardio two weeks ago. had sex last night for the first time with new girl who would not have been attracted to the old me. lasted an hour and half. she came 4 times. best sex of my life. /fit/ fucking works, anons.
>>
>>42284564
tism's a bitch but at least we're huge
>>
>>42281994
Chads talk about fashion and clothes all the time
>>
Found out about phenibut here, tried it on saturday. Went to a club, acted like a retard around strangers, some girl had sex with me in the bathroom and left me this bracelet that said "cum hoe". Believed that I negotiated my way into sex due to this 'smart drug' that deflates social anxiety.

Took phenibut again two days, realized it was just a tranquilizer that allowed me to think normally. Basically I was trapped in a lethargic body but my mind wasn't, it's a weird sensation but that's all it is nothing remarkable. That girl was just slutty and god bless her
>>
>>42280392
>tried to intimidate everyone with his buffness

That was his mistake, act like a dick and people will look for ways to laugh at you.

As for motivation, best thing I can recommend is meditation. For 10-20 minutes every day you set a timer, sit still and think of absolutely nothing. You're training your mind to think what you want it to, instead of running off chasing every whim and daydream. Once you have this control, you can use your newfound skill of thinking deliberately to work out, or study, or learn to play the piano... whatever it is you want to do, but don't have the discipline to follow through on.
>>
>>42280084
Fuck bro just wanted to say I read this and had sympathy, that fucking sucks total cock.

Try and do something cool with that year so it pays off in the end, turn that situation to your advantage
>>
>>42283414
Lift so hard she regrets losing you
>>
>>42282497
You did the right thing.

Any man touches me in public who I dont know and hes getting a punch.
>>
Idk if anyones here still, or if this will get buried but here goes. I finally got a cute, nice, gf, but i know she had a more exciting past than me. I try not to worry too much about it but it makes me really anxious when she talks about any of that stuff. Does anyone here get jealous of a girls past? Like the people she's been with when you werent around?
>>
I feel more and more isolated from girls, last year I went on a bit of a vaginal pillage and the lays have lessened.

This doesn't necessarily feel bad though, with my focus being moved away from one night stands I've spent more time reading, playing instruments, actually following a decent diet and program, drinking less beer and spending more time reflecting on personal mental development.
Plus I'm hitting PRs for my skinny self and cute girls at work are paying me attention and flirting with me. Stoic life is the way to go brehs
>>
File: 1488045224484.jpg (40KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1488045224484.jpg
40KB, 640x480px
>>42278123
remove this fucking gif anon holy shit
>>
File: 1412518543147.jpg (13KB, 267x400px) Image search: [Google]
1412518543147.jpg
13KB, 267x400px
I ordered a box of protein bars and they sent me four. Feels good man.
>>
>>42286305
If you wanna keep her around anon make sure you are upfront emotionally. If it bothers you tell her. Of course don't go overboard with it and push her away just explain how you feel.
>>
I've been on a 3 month assignment away from home and honestly I can't wait to get back. I miss my friends and I miss my weights, but I still have another month to tough out.
>>
who /poorwithnoplansfortheforseeablefuture/ here?
>>
>>42282387
Same here.

>tfw 26 year old and not interested in women my age.
>>
File: 1496659475094.jpg (84KB, 600x750px) Image search: [Google]
1496659475094.jpg
84KB, 600x750px
I posted about my oneitis rejecting me a couple of days ago and saying I was going to use her rejection as motivation to hit 4pl8 squat. Anyways, just wanted to let you guys know that I hit 4pl8. Thanks for everything bros.

By the way my oneitis is constantly trying to text me now asking if I'm "OK" but I'm going NC on her hard. Not like i hate her or anything, but it'll feel so awkward to talk to her now. Oh well.

We're all going to make it.
>>
Being happy is other people's job.
>>
File: 1452787513749.png (478KB, 653x766px) Image search: [Google]
1452787513749.png
478KB, 653x766px
>>42286470

Reporting in.
>>
>>42286584
talk to her. If she feels actually bad from rejecting you, its either A. she didnt mean it and was just being a woman (ya know what I mean senpai) or B. she is a slut.

IMO just talk to her, se what happens
>>
File: 23423423421.png (128KB, 1018x919px) Image search: [Google]
23423423421.png
128KB, 1018x919px
Not too well.
Im going to be a Doctor in a year, I should be happy but I'm not.

Prior to applying to medical school, I was a lot more care free and as a result had a lot more self confidence. I was /fit/, had a qt GF and life was generally good. Ever since coming here It's been a downward spiral: I ended up gaining 10lb, picked up what I think is body dismorphia and I'm plagued by feelings of inadequacy every day. Didn't help I lost the one I cared for a year back.

Honestly I just want to move to a third world country and live the rest of my life as lonely farmer. I can't deal with the expectations of being someone people look to and having to put on a mask of being that certain figure when my life is currently in shambles behind the scenes.
>>
>>42286584

This made me so happy. Acquiring this mindset and resolve is what lifting is all about.

God speed brother!!!
>>
>>42286704
In my opinion, if option A is the reality the onus is on her to state that instead of vague "Are you okay?"s.

OP is doing the right thing, the girl probably just wants him hanging about orbiting for whatever inexplicable psychological reason.
>>
File: 1496347032460.gif (125KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1496347032460.gif
125KB, 600x600px
Things have been kind of rough lately
>summer before uni
>me and all of my friends are working
>only one with a full time job
>see them all hanging out without me
>dont even try to invite me cause i get home late and live far
>need the money for uni
>lonely as fuck and feel like friends dont like me anymore

also
>was talking with qt 3.141 conservative grill for a while at the end of school
>go to party with her and friends
she asks if im into her
>tell her yes, she says shes not
>kisses me on cheek, leaves
>flirts with me the rest of the night
>crashes at my house with everyone else
>sleeps in my bed with me
>to beta to make a move after she said no
>dont sleep
>next day she leaves and dodges all my attempts to hang out
>mfw i find out she used me as a confidence boost after a big breakup
>mfw feels for her snuck up on me
>mfw she left earrings behind and they give me the feels

Thank you for reading my blog post.
>>
>>42286739
i agree
something tells me she wants him as a beta orbiter
i've been there, it's best just to cut it off
>>
File: 1493686967470.jpg (158KB, 1271x1814px) Image search: [Google]
1493686967470.jpg
158KB, 1271x1814px
Life is still shit.
Had my annual review, I ranked 4.6/5 in my five categories labeled as "EE" exceeding all expectations.

>No pay raise.
>No quality of life increase.
>Big boss thanks me, because I'm the sole reason a lot of employees will be getting their bonuses.

Why? Because I'm overpaid already per the company and I'm barely making a living wage. Per the company, I'm actually making more then my team lead too. Which is a position I turned down, because they told me I was above the pay cap for that too.

They told me their new plan for me, "In a couple of months, we would like to move you into a team lead position. Somewhere around 3 to 4 months. From there we'll foster your growth and possibly get you into a district level."

>Can I expect a pay increase in those 3 to 4 months when I become a team lead?
>I'm sorry, but that's not something we can do. You're already above being paid the cap for that position.
>Can you explain the paygrade for the district level employees?
>Almost double your current pay.
>How long until I can be moved into that kind of a position.
>With about 4 to 5 years of experience.
>Am I getting a raise with my annual today?
>Glad you asked, we're going to be giving you a merit bonus! And it's going to be on your next paycheck, so it'll actually be one month early for you too.
>the amount is 0.3% of my pay after taxes

I kinda want to buy a red swingling stapler. But I can't afford a luxury like that. Even my bonus wouldn't probably reach that shit.

Also
>still ugly and not /fit/
>>
>>42286584
Good job bruh. Proud of you.
>>
I've hit a PR on at least one of my heavy lifts (squat, deadlift, bench, OHP) every single time I've gone to the gym for like 2 weeks now. That adds up to about 10 PRs in a row. Incredible!
>>
>>42286754
Throw those earrings in the trash the bitch left them there for a reason
>>
>>42286754
Don't give her that kind of power over you, what kind of a beta male are you? Forget about her.
>>
>>42286353
Lol.

I started dating a woman like a year ago. And it seems like that everyone around me has a problem with that. Briefly mentioned about that to my parents and they flat out told me that this is just a phase. "You've always dated guys anon, why are you pretending to be something you clearly are not, anon?" My parents are acting as if they were insulted by my actions. I mean, I didn't expect them to throw a huge rainbow themed coming out party with a vagina cake, but it feels shit that their reaction is to act all grumpy and mad at me for having the audacity to date a girl.

It's also still confusing that my old hookups still hit me up sometimes asking if I'd suck their cock. It just feels weird at this point. And when I tell them or any other guys approaching me that thanks but no thanks, I'm dating a female, they also get angry at me. As if I was just saying that to piss them off. Just like my parents.

Such is life as a lesbian woman who doesn't look like your typical dyke.
>>
>>42286999
Well the only way to show them your serious is to marry her, or else your just some confused edgelord.
>>
I'm sitting here pissed off at myself for not making more progress with my weight loss. I've got more muscle, but I'm just as chunky as ever.

Next month I'm gonna try a 5-2 intermittent fast for a while. It's frustrating that I'm at this point. I guess it's a GOOD thing that I've hit the limit of what my training alone can do, but I still feel like a failure.
>>
>>42287031
I'm 23, so this is barely some teenage phase of me being a cool dyke. However my parents thinks that it's cause I moved abroad to a big city which made me a trendy lesbian.

Far from it. I've never dated men seriously either. I've had sex with them and I've been seeing a few but nothing mentionable really. Then I found this girl and it all worked out and clicked. I'm still not gonna marry her just to prove my parents a point. I don't care that much about what they think.
>>
>>42286955
>>42286942
Thanks for the replies, Im getting over her. I guess i just needed to be told it. Shes pretending like nothing happened, so on one hand I feel like a a dick if I do that. But i also know Im just being a beta orbiter if i just let her do whatever she wants. I also drunk texted her like a faggot last weekend. Fuck Im pathetic.
>>
>>42279117
Fuck that. Be honest and tell your friend you're going to date her then do it. It's not like she's his slave.
>>
File: 1501033544897.jpg (202KB, 850x581px) Image search: [Google]
1501033544897.jpg
202KB, 850x581px
>new job I like making over six figures in a low cost of living
>living with bros for now in a big house
>couldn't be more ready to kill myself.
Why did I move to this stupid city.
>>
I was a typical grill and binged on pizza with my husband and purged when he snuck away to masturbate.
I just felt so fat and ugly. I really need to fix how gutted I feel when he'd rather rub one out than fuck.
At least I won't get fatter, I guess.
>>
>>42286584
She's only asking if you're okay to make herself feel better. Grats on 4pl8. Continue on your quest to leave humanity behind
>>
Nearing 25; rudderless loser still living at home with absolutely no life goals, job prospects or even a drivers licence.

Getting closer and closer to tying that noose.
>>
i had a dream that I had a girlfriend
i imagined an incredibly detailed complete person, right down to her flaws
tfw no gf
>>
What can honestly be done about a leg cramp?
Just had a sudden sharp pain in my calf, lastest about 30seconds, but still is difficult to move.

Is it better to rest after one of these? Anyway to best treat them?
>>
>>42287588
walk it off, if stretching lightly will help.
>>
File: IMG_1144.jpg (81KB, 960x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1144.jpg
81KB, 960x400px
>>42278123
I'm 10 ply bud
>>
>>42277447
I don't want to be an armchair psychologist, but I think I might have an avoidant attachment style. Some of the anecdotal symptoms seem to line up with me: the ones about not having any real confidants and low-self esteem + anixiety about emotional intimacy seem to hit home.

On the other hand, it's weird because it's often associated with abuse and other childhood trauma, but I had a pretty good childhood. My parents might have been a little overprotective, but I doubt it was to such an extent that it fucked my ability to open up to people.

Anyone managed to overcome this? Because it's been casting an increasingly negative cloud over my thoughts and emotions.
>>
>>42278123
I had this EXACT same problem and then
1) my work friends became my real friends
2) I fell in love with a girl at work and she's given me many signs she likes me, I'm going to ask her out soon
3) I no longer need to pretend I'm a normie, I got dumbed down into one in a way.

There is hope anon.
>>
>>42286801
Must be a big company, sounds like they have a plan for you, but honestly you must be right down the very bottom if you're over the pay cap and aren't making a living wage. So stop badgering your boss about your pay, Jesus, if you have skills that are actually worth something then you can easily find a better paying job, but i suspect that you're still at entry level, so calm down, do your work, stop acting like an entitled brat, and then maybe you'll be worth something
>>
>>42283192
Don't do it. Your struggles are blessings in disguise, and by pushing through them we become like Christ. Offer the pain up to the Lord and your reward will be great in heaven.
>>
>>42288114
Bump because I feel like I'm reading a post about myself.
>>
File: IMG_0786.jpg (173KB, 439x550px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0786.jpg
173KB, 439x550px
Anytime I try to open up and talk to someone about my depression or anxiety, I can't help but start to breakdown and tear up.
I immediately start building those walls back up because of the "men don't cry" meme.

What do?
>>
File: 1500179419605.jpg (280KB, 831x1021px) Image search: [Google]
1500179419605.jpg
280KB, 831x1021px
>friend stopped coming to the gym with me
We were supposed to make it together
>>
This is for the fag that posted the "muh heritage!" thread, but got deleted and couldn't respond him there.

>>42287918
What's your point, retard? That fitness is heredity? I am the only one who had to make an effort, practice and get better at a certain discipline. Not because of Socrates, or a race, sex, or any group you're part of. I'm not saying that you shouldn't be proud of your heritage, but appropriating their achievements too is pathetic. You could argue that knowledge is heredity but without your OWN hard work it's useless anyway.
Btw nice ad hominem, have a downvote and stop crying.
>>
>>42288176
Fuck outta here what that shit. Nobody getting molested and beat by their father is any type of blessing.
>>>42283192
Sorry that happened bro. Your father and uncle are both terrible people and I wish the worst on them. Many addicts (including myself) are sexual abuse victims. Mine happened while i was using and wasn't the cause of my addiction but I feel for you. Never was addicted to benzos but they're probably the hardest to quit. I'm using Kratom right now to stay off the junk.
>>
>>42283494
Say "Oh staaaahp silly!"
>>
>>42288445
thanks man. being addicted defijitely blows

i feel like i killed myself when i snorted that first oxy

theres no brakes on this freight train
>>
>>42288573
Yea most of us started on friggin Oxy. How bad is your habit right now? There's always Suboxone, Methadone or Kratom. If a large part of your current problems are from the money being wasted and not just the trauma, then any of those will really help. I was doing about a bundle a day, wasted 50k in one year, and now i've only used dope once in the last 7 months. My life still kinda sucks and i have no motivation but i'm not chasing the high everyday and worrying about how i'm gonna cop.
>>
>>42288445
>Fuck outta here what that shit. Nobody getting molested and beat by their father is any type of blessing.

Not saying it is a good thing for that to happen in itself, but you will become a stronger person once you power through it. Any form of suffering can be used for personal growth if dealt with correctly. Greatness does not come from succumbing to your bumps in the road.
>>
>>42288625
Fine but his problem is in this life and he just might not want to hear about how god is going to give him some special afterlife for being abused. I appreciate you trying to help but that's the last thing I would want to hear in that situation. Maybe he does i dunno.
>>
>>42280084
Why even do masters? It doesn't even help you advance you career unless your trying to get into academia
>>
Debating on if I should start going to gym before or after work.

I work 12 hour swing shift and I make an alright living,but I'm worried about how constantly changing from graveyard to days weekly might affect it.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1500311274727.jpg (90KB, 801x855px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1500311274727.jpg
90KB, 801x855px
>>42277447
>Have a smoking hot blonde coworker who is as into fitness as I am and gives constant signs she wants the D
>bring my other co-workers donuts weekly so that they will stay fat fatties and I will continue to be the best looking guy in the office.
>Talk about hot co-worker to make my wife jealous so she rage fucks me.
>meet up with coworker at a bar a few times with wife, act like it was a coincidence.
>Covert three way is soon to happen.

Or I'll just fuck it all up and she'll leave me for her. One way or another I'm gonna get fucked hard.
>>
>>42287110
r u a boy or girl
>>
>>42288688
Not that guy but my MBA opened all kinds of doors to me much earlier in life. If I had to do it all over again I would just go to fuckibg trade school and be a plumber.
>>
I will never get friends or a girlfriend if I can't get over my hatred of people, /fit/. My hatred of people leads to everyone disliking me

I don't know what to do. People just annoy me so much. I'm not gonna pretend like I'm this super cool chill guy who everyone wants to be around, but I know that my level of annoyance I have with other people is the key factor in me not having friends or relationships

Even when i try to fake tolerating people, it just eventually degrades into me getting pissed off at them
>>
File: 1475493695127.png (357KB, 540x780px) Image search: [Google]
1475493695127.png
357KB, 540x780px
>21
>still don't know what sleeping in the same bed with a girl you love is like
>>
>>42279137
>>42283832
She mentioned before that she doesn't drink, but she's young, and she could be lying.

But pretty much try and get another low-key date going, got it. I guess I won't stress it and just enjoy the company for now.
>>
>>42283414
Sucks man, but hopefully you were able to break it amicably. That and knowing the closure to it will hopefully let you move on. Had something like that happen to me a long while ago, and it did bother me for a long while, but i was able to get over it more or less.... I think.
>>
>>42288740
Well, this is first a very introspective problem you'll need to analize yourself.

I would start reading into psychology and communication theory, not only to better understand yourself, but to make social interaction a game where you deconstruct other people, put them into categories, and find out why they are the way they are. It's fun. There are no special snowflakes. There's always a reason, and it's fun to find out the why.
>>
>>42288603
a bundle lasts about 3 days
i smoke it (no IV yet but i feel like that is close vecause im just wasting my gear)

ive heard all about suboxone and kratom amd even some paychedelic treatment options

thing is, i dont wanna quit doing it, its the only thing that numbs me enough to let me keep pushing through even though inwouldn't call this life

more like being a zombie
like i said before its like killing yourself without acutally dieing
>>
>>42288780
It's wonderful/dogshit.

Pros:
>dat qt booty just a palming away
>nice and warm meatsack to snuggle with
>nice feeling of comfort

Cons:
>be big spoon: get your face molested by her hair if it's long until you turn over
>winter: she's going to steal the covers
>she'll generally be colder than you so enjoy having to keep a fan off sometimes so she doesn't whine

Women are a meme but there's a reason that they get reposted.
>>
Super lanklet, started going to the gym about a month ago. Up to my bodyweight in deadllift.

Doesn't sound like much, but it's an accomplishment nonetheless. Next stop, bodyweight squat.
>>
>>42278313
>monk mode
>sick PC
>cool story bro
>>
>>42284042
It can. My first jobs sucked hard and I earned minimun. Then I finished college and now work as an engineer. Pay, hours, respect, everything is better. Took a few years though.
>>
>>42288706
You are playing with fire and you will be burned
Thread posts: 194
Thread images: 37

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.