[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Bulking Diet: Calories: TDEE + 500 calories Protein: 1+ grams

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 7mb3pdD.jpg (229KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
7mb3pdD.jpg
229KB, 1080x1920px
>Bulking Diet:
Calories: TDEE + 500 calories
Protein: 1+ grams per lb. bodyweight

>Cutting Diet:
Calories: TDEE - 500 calories
Protein: 1.5+ grams per lb. bodyweight

Why does the stick recommend eating such a huge amount of protein?
>>
>>42277444
Because studies support those numbers
>>
>>42277454

No

No they don't

https://bayesianbodybuilding.com/the-myth-of-1glb-optimal-protein-intake-for-bodybuilders/
>>
>>42277476
>not even pubmed or a legit scientific study

I'll just humor you, and assume you're not actually this retarded that you think there's only ever been one study on protein consumption, but yes, yes they do.
>>
>>42277501

Post the ones that say 1 g per lb

I'll wait
>>
>>42277476
>https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4033492/

>Adequate protein consumption during contest preparation is required to support maintenance of LBM. Athletes require higher protein intakes to support increased activity and strength athletes benefit from higher intakes to support growth of LBM
>In support of this notion, Butterfield et al. [22] found that male athletes running five to 10 miles per day during a slight caloric deficit were in a significant negative nitrogen balance despite consuming 2 g/kg of protein daily. Celejowa et al. [39] showed that five out of 10 competitive weight lifters achieved a negative nitrogen balance over the course of a training camp while consuming an average protein intake of 2 g/kg. Out of these five, as many as three were in a caloric deficit. The authors concluded that a protein intake of 2–2.2 g/kg under these conditions only allows for a small margin of error before nitrogen losses occur
>However, the recently published systematic review by Helms et al. [33] on protein intakes in resistance-trained, lean athletes during caloric restriction suggests a range of 2.3-3.1 g/kg of LBM, which may be more appropriate for bodybuilding. Moreover, the authors suggest that the lower the body fat of the individual, the greater the imposed caloric deficit and when the primary goal is to retain LBM, the higher the protein intake (within the range of 2.3-3.1 g/kg of LBM) should be.

Stop being a cuckold Vegan and start eating BIG
>>
>>42277515
https://jissn.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1550-2783-11-20
>>
Because the sticky fucking sucks. You should eat 1 gram of protein per LEAN body mass, and even then that's arguably too much.
>>
>>42277539
Oh and since you've proved yourself a retard already I'll just paste this since you won't read an actual scientific study

Maestu et al. [6] did not observe a significant loss of LBM in a group of drug free bodybuilders consuming 2.5-2.6 g/kg of protein during the 11 weeks prior to competition. These results when considered alongside the works by Walberg et al. [32] and Mettler et al. [29] imply that the higher the protein intake, the lower the chance for LBM loss.

Now go back to r/fitness and kys
>>
>>42277530
>>42277539
>>42277561
Eyyyy m8. We have the same source

That article is one of the best I came across. I always think of it when someone on /fit/ makes a stupid claim
>>
>>42277579
You're a smart lad, lad

Hopefully the faggot op can learn a lesson from you
>>
The collective agreement among reviewers is that a protein intake of 1.2-2.2 g/kg is sufficient to allow adaptation to training for athletes whom are at or above their energy needs [23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 35, 36, 37, 38]. However, bodybuilders during their contest preparation period typically perform resistance and cardiovascular training, restrict calories and achieve very lean conditions [2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21]. Each of these factors increases protein requirements and when compounded may further increase protein needs [33]. Therefore, optimal protein intakes for bodybuilders during contest preparation may be significantly higher than existing recommendations.
>>
>>42277444
So did they ever find this chick's dead body?
>>
>>42277444
The recommended amount of protein for a normie who doesn't lift is 50g a day. Most of fit would get that amount in their first meal of the day so 200g a day does seem excessive.
>>
>>42277603
She's not dead... That's Sommer Ray.
>>
How much should we be eating then
>>
File: 1473645128959.jpg (43KB, 600x480px) Image search: [Google]
1473645128959.jpg
43KB, 600x480px
>>42277444
What leggings?
>>
>>42277444
its 1,5 g per kg!
>>
>>42279004

That sounds quite low
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.