[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does/fit/ think of archery? What's the most poundage

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

What does/fit/ think of archery? What's the most poundage people here can pull back?

t. Poundlet
>>
>>42276350
I use a 50lb draw on receive, but only because it's close to the Olympic standard. Haven't tried higher poundage but I'd bet I'd be fine till around 80lbs.

It's engages a lot of isometric strength which is nice if you aren't doing that for your right arm already. Speaking of which, it utilizes your arms differently so I like to do cable exercises for both arms mimicing the draw on back day.
>>
I can rep over 150 on dB rows so probably around that
>>
Oh man archery was fun. Makes me wish I'd continued with it. I can't remember for the life of me what our bows were rated at, but it was pretty low. Thanks for reminding me of that neat class
>>
>>42276410
nice bait
>>
>>42276350
Is that you in the pic op? Got thick ass wrist compared to hand size.
>>
>>42276350
I use a 70 lber for hunting
>>
File: 1497115490366.jpg (48KB, 640x864px) Image search: [Google]
1497115490366.jpg
48KB, 640x864px
>>42276350
Useless
Unless you are an elf willing to fight the Orcs from Somalia
>>
>>42276350
Hurr durr. As far as practicality, anything much above 45lbs becomes an uneccessary ego poundage. 45 is what native american bows were consistently drawn at, and it was plenty to achieve full penetration with stone arrowheads like obsidian through all sorts of animals, including elk. If you're using much above that, especially if its on a compound, you're a raging faggot. All that being said, my recurve is weighed at 55lbs; I bought it before knowing the above info. I can practice with it for about an hour before fully drawing it becomes tedious and I'm worn out.

>>42276594
Yeah you either jerk off to "Oh god I pull 70 Im so strong" or just don't know better. I bet you praise the sun god every time you pull it too.
>>
>>42276350
Also, if thats you OP in the picture;
>Shitty form
>No tab
>No wristguard (can get away with it)
>Aiming down the arrow shaft, kek
>Wrong arrow fletching pointing out
>Goofy as fuck barbed ornamental looking arrowhead
>>
>>42276690
Hold up what's wrong with praising the sun god at any given time
>>
>>42276350
is that really how one pulls back this kind of bow?
>>
>>42276736
It means having to pull the bow string down from a vertical position to horizontal to shoot, its common when people pull too high of a weight.
>>
>>42276743
no
>>
>>42276723
you think this nigger shootin arrows in his bedroom, wtf
>>
>>42276905
sure, that would excuse the lack of tab and wristguard, and arrowhead. Doesn't account for the bad form or aiming down the shaft. People have done weirder things than potentially shoot arrows in thier house anyway.
>>
>>42276602
The only blacked that pisses me off
>>
GO AWAY JOE
>>
File: back to pol.png (322KB, 546x700px) Image search: [Google]
back to pol.png
322KB, 546x700px
>>42276602
Piss off to your containment board, /pol/cuck. This board is about /fit/ things not about your fantasies.
>>
File: Adjust.gif (461KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
Adjust.gif
461KB, 400x225px
>>42276350
The island they found me on is called Lian Yu.
It's Mandarin for purgatory.
>>
>>42276690
He was probably talking about a 70 pound compound, since a 70 pound recurve would be retarded. If you weren't so eager to shit post your fedora status about your hobby you might have thought about this. To that, 70 pounds on a modern compound is still overkill, but fuck it, let the man have his fps if he wants.
>>
>>42276723
calm your tits, better yet put some chest guard
>>
>>42276350
Archery is for pussies
Spear and shield master race
>>
File: 09_a_seite_146.jpg (89KB, 526x751px) Image search: [Google]
09_a_seite_146.jpg
89KB, 526x751px
>>42276690
For the range, I agree with you, but surely you don't look down on our ancestors' warbows? The Romans used he lightest I believe at 60lbs, a general one was 70-80, and of course the English Longbows were out of this world.

Heavier poundage equates to more range, and more range on the battlefield is always good.
>>
>>42276350
do you really need those caterpillar silencers for hunting?
>>
>>42277782
It's a dumb picture, paramount to the whole "I'm such a gamer girl playing PS4" with a generic hot girl holding an xbone controller.

>>42277660
The only reason any of us are here anyways are to sperg out and be utterly autistic about the most minor things anyways, while circle jerking CBT threads and e-stating. If theres anything I'm going to be overly specific and critical about it might as well be something I know things about. You can also buy recurves at 70lbs anyday, why is that retarded aside from the aforementioned reasons? Yes, yes it is overkill.
>>
>>42277829
Oh, I suppose not. However, we can assume from OP's picture that he's not a historian buff or re-enactor from such a time period. This assumption coming from 1. String silencers; what use besides hunting would these have in modern times and 2. The bows construction, its not a time piece and looks quite modern.

No no on the contrary, war bows are pretty neat. They're obviously designed for a different purpose than hunting though, which seemed to be the premise behind OP's picture.
>>
>>42277839
String silencers are actually useful. Deer are known to "jump the string", which means some skiddish deer will run the second they hear the "twang" of the string being released.
>>
>>42276350
I was an archery champ as a kid/teen, represented my country shot both recurve/compound.

Wish I'd never done it honestly because my OHP is shit now because of my fucked up unbalanced shoulder strength/mobility
>>
>>42278439
Dumbbell OHP
>>
Just my 2 cents but every person i've met who did archery was a beta whiny bitch.
>>
Why do europoors use recurve bows, when the compound exists?
>>
Long bows go pretty damn heavy, I wonder what it would be like to fire and hold volleys of a 110lb long bow compared to db rowing the same weight for reps.
>>
>>42278657
why people use free weight when smith machine exist?
>>
>>42278685
The smith machine isn't a direct upgrade over freeweights.

The compound is a direct upgrade to the recurve.
>>
>>42278657

Recurve bows are the only ones allowed at the Olympics.
Got ya covered illiterate burger, don't worry.
>>
>>42278676
you use both traps with bows but only one side with rows and are you doing super slow reps? because drawing a bow isn't just about how much you can pull but also what can you hold steadily
>>
>>42278698
So?

They have no rifle events in the olympics either. What is your point?
>>
>>42278719
unless you using compound
>>
>>42278719
Must be hard work, I bet archers had sick lats and biceps.
>>
>>42278818
no love for tricep? it has to be keeping the bow arm straight after all
>>
File: placebo.png (11KB, 579x467px) Image search: [Google]
placebo.png
11KB, 579x467px
>>42276410
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.