[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Howdy /fit/. Fatass here and a beginner. Due to being poor as

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: planet-fitness-logo.jpg (432KB, 986x1074px) Image search: [Google]
planet-fitness-logo.jpg
432KB, 986x1074px
Howdy /fit/. Fatass here and a beginner. Due to being poor as shit I have to go to planet fitness. Can I still get good strength training with dumbells and machines due to them not having barbells? Suggestions on routines that don't require barbells or ways to substitute them?
>>
>>42276064
Of us fine for beginners because you're not going to be using that much weight anyways. Don't fall for the memes there and you'll be fine.
>>
>>42276083
Pf is*

Sorry on mobile
>>
>>42276083
What memes? The whole judgement free thing?
>>
>>42276064
Every fucking day. Someone is asking if PF is any good. Fuck off
>>
>>42276064
Once was you op.
1. Do bodyweight exercises
>Push-ups
>Pull-ups
>Squats
>Sit-ups
2. You'll need to loose weight to do more of Step 1. Don't worry about doing a lot of volume at first you are overweight.
>Fast
>Do a low carb or Keto diet
>Eat once a day (this is what I did and I've kept the weight off for 2 years)
3. Cardio do it
>Jump Rope (this will make a man out of you)
>Jog/Walk on treadmill until you can run or jump rope for longer
4. Get proper rest.
>Sleep well
>Rest Days (I don't workout at all on Sunday)
5. Don't get caught up with bodybuilding or powerlifting. You want to be a Marine out of Paris Island.
>You are not Dorian Yates, Ronnie Coleman or Jay Cutler
>Said powerlifters and bodybuilders die at 35 + because of heart issues.
6. Give it time you wont be fit form one workout or one clean meal, Do what I say and you'll be in the best shape of your life.
>>
>>42276114
Pizza and snacks
>>
>>42276838
>the state of /fit/
>>
>>42277321
Thanks man
>>
>>42277321
This has to be the most retarded advice I've read today.
>>
>>42277387
Keep playing pretend bodybuilder
>>
>>42277414
>do bodyweight exercises
>jumping ropes make you a man
>don't do powerlifting exercises
>>
>>42277414
keep playing pretend "in shape" faggot
>>
File: Beta Starter Pack.png (1MB, 1000x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Beta Starter Pack.png
1MB, 1000x1200px
>>42277446
>>42277517
Fat powerlifter/Bodybuilder detected.
>>
File: 1328398661986.jpg (50KB, 500x513px) Image search: [Google]
1328398661986.jpg
50KB, 500x513px
>>42276064
Yes you can. It doesn't matter what routine you follow, it's important that you follow it. Pick a plan and stick to it. Best thing would a full-body routine 3 days a week.

Most common beginner trap I see: They start off fully motivated. "I'm gonna go to the gym 5 times a week, eat my chicken + broccoli every day and drink only water!"
This will either last two weeks and they get burned out or it will last six weeks and they'll be disappointed. Either way, they'll drop out and be fat again.
Start slowly, pick simple, compound exercises and you'll be fine.

>Leg press
>Lat pull down
>Shoulder press machine
>Seated row
>Bench press machine

And you're done.
>>
File: 1497988337722.jpg (73KB, 700x512px) Image search: [Google]
1497988337722.jpg
73KB, 700x512px
>>42277777
witnessed
>>
>>42277777
Checked
>>
>>42277777
what is the surgery in the middle?
>>
>>42278442
Just injecting some hyaluronic acid or something I guess
>>
>>42276064
Absolutely. Started at PF at 5'5 250 pounds. Down to 190 or so in a year. I do Frankoman's Dumbbell Split followed by a 5k run six days a week. On free bagel day and free pizza day I go in, work out, shower, and gtfo. Sometimes I'll grab a free cup of black coffee, but that's about it. With discipline, PF is perfect for getting started.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.