[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HOW THE FUCK DO YOU PROGRESS ON OHP? Ima skelly thats been

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1460162505457.jpg (94KB, 601x508px) Image search: [Google]
1460162505457.jpg
94KB, 601x508px
HOW THE FUCK DO YOU PROGRESS ON OHP? Ima skelly thats been stuck at 65lbs.
>>
Do a bunch of variations of the press with highest possible weights at low reps over a bunch of sets
>>
git gud
>>
push press

push press with ez curl bar
>>
press more

bulgarian method with exercise rotation got me from 135 to 190 in around 8 months. always wanted to try how eric trains and it's fun as fuck and most importantly IT WORKS. i'm 5'8 and 170 btw

here's what i did
>warm up with bar for around 7-10 reps
>60% for 7
>70% for 5
>80% for 3
>90% for 1
>work up to a single daily max doing singles adding the lowest weight you can (i bought fractionals just for press)

every second day and once i know i won't be able to lift the next weight i stop and do 3-6 backoff sets at around 70% of my daily max weight. i do as many reps as i can but i never go to complete failure. i'm always around 2-3 reps shy from it.

so basically
>mon: press to daily max
>tue: press to daily max + back-off
>thu: press to daily max
>wed: press to daily max + back-off

when i first started i didn't need back-off sets at all. just going to daily max every day was enough to get to like 170-175 which was my own BW.

once you stall you just swap out for another pressing exercise that translates well into OHP like z-press, incline press, seated press, etc.

but the best sub (at least for me) was push press
>>
>>42275698

honestly, try the dumbell variation. if you OHP 65, you should be able to do 30s on the dumbells.

grip closer, not too far apart, closegrip uses more triceps and front delt.
>>
>do push press
>do more sets at 55 or 45
>press at least twice a week
>fix form/eat more yadda yadda

This video may or may not help

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqKhLR1zRaU
>>
Press 3+ times a week and change your schemes up

M: press 4x8
W: push press 10x3
S: klokovs 5x10
>>
>>42275809
I don't think going heavy with the press 4 days a week is a good idea
>>
>>42275938
you go as heavy as you can on that day. it varies.

it works. give it a try. it might suck for the first week or two but then your body will get used to it and your daily min will keep going up weekly which means that your press is improving regardless of what your max is
>>
>>42275809
Naw this is weird.
>>
Do triples, doubles, or singles. Take an entire day and just do 1 hellish grinder every 10 minutes until you get 25 total reps. By the time your inevitable tendonitis heals maybe you'll have broken the plateau.
>>
Assuming by you aren't retarded, you're doing additional shoulder and triceps exercises like dips, front lat raises, side lat raises, etc.

Try a different press style, like Arnold, seated, behind the neck for a little bit.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.