[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whats the difference between Strongman, Powerlifting, Weightlifting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: 34324234.jpg (43KB, 630x400px) Image search: [Google]
34324234.jpg
43KB, 630x400px
Whats the difference between Strongman, Powerlifting, Weightlifting and Bodybuilding?
>>
bunch of fatties, bunch of fatties, litteral gods, gayest men on earth
>>
>>42274228
>Strongman
Stronk big fatass with test overdose wants to move heavy things

>Powerlifting
Easy as fuark sport with literally no cardio and monotonous as hell. Good for math nerds and people that like order.

>Weightlifting
GOAT. Need a couch. An actual sport.

>Bodybuilding
Overcompensation. Betas and gammas everywhere. Lots of manlets.
>>
>>42274228
>strongman
Competition involving lifting a mix of heavy odd implements and conventional weights.
>powerlifting
Competition involving the bench press, deadlift, and squat
>weightlifting
Competition involving the classic Olympic lifts
>bodybuilding
Competition to compare physiques with varying criteria
>>
>Strongman
Neckbeards

>Powerlifting
Fatties

>Weightlifting
Athletes

>Bodybuilding
Homos
>>
Strongman: requires some athletic ability, autistic byproduct of powerlifting and weightlifting

Powerlifting: requires little athletic ability - three practiced, monotonous movements

Weightlifting: requires an immense amount of athletic ability

Bodybuilding: requires vanity and obsession with your image
>>
>Short answer
Strongman: fun
PL: autists
WL: nerds
BB: fags

>Long answer
Strongman: off lifts with ridiculous variety. Competitions always involve some overhead variation, some deadlift variation, some loading event, and some carry event. Beyond that very little uniformity between competition
PL: squat, bench, and deadlift. Competitions are done in flights rather than ascending barbell weight like oly.
WL: snatch and clean+jerk. No flights for attempt ordering. Done strictly with bar weight going up.
BB: beauty pageant for men.
>>
>>42274419
>WL: nerds
why?
>>
File: weights.png (13KB, 910x320px) Image search: [Google]
weights.png
13KB, 910x320px
>>42274453
Because I do PL and every WL that trains at my gym looks like a nerd so I applied that to all of them. Also it seems like the be good at WL you have to actually know what you're doing instead of just monging the weight up like you can do in PL or stronkman
>>
>>42274564
>Also it seems like the be good at WL you have to actually know what you're doing instead of just monging the weight up like you can do in PL or stronkman

its like a rpg game
you have to start with the basics to upgrade your class than progress to WL
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.