[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How bad is this place? I've been frequenting this gym since

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: exterior_2.jpg (197KB, 1470x735px) Image search: [Google]
exterior_2.jpg
197KB, 1470x735px
How bad is this place? I've been frequenting this gym since I was 14 or 15, but I never took working out seriously until now. Right now my primary method of working out is bodyweight, so I really want to start lifting again to build muscle mass.
>>
Truth is if you are just starting out it's okay. It's very cheap (if you pay the sign up fee and prorate it over the 12 months is works out to about $17/month) and the one I go to is 24 hour which is nice. If you plan on doing real body building then they are garbage.

The one I go to got rid of the only bench press and incline press they had and now it's all machines. You can't even squat without using a smith machine. They have a metric fuckton of cardio equipment so if you're just looking to lose weight or start dinking around with weights then it is fine.
>>
>>42269211
It's the equivalent of the tutorial level in a videogame. It's fine for learning the basics, but leaves out important skills that you learn on your own when you actually graduate to a big boy gym.
>>
>no freeweight barbells

It's the DYEL of gyms.
>>
>>42269592
>tfw always lifted at "big boy gym"
>recently it got bought over and it's now a shitty McGym which is probably in every town and city in this country
>cant find any other big boy gyms in my city
Life is suffering
Should I just give up on lifting
>>
>>42269653
As long as it has barbells/squat rack/bench your McGym is fine. You could also just get a home gym if it triggers you that much.
>>
Get a home gym
>>
File: feeding_time.jpg (2MB, 2400x1613px) Image search: [Google]
feeding_time.jpg
2MB, 2400x1613px
>>42269211
there is literally nothing wrong with it, as long as you're not one of those fags who does >powerlifting in the current year

t. bodybuilder who never uses barbells
>>
>>42269211
I don't know why everyone hates on this place. Is it perfect? No. Is it awful and DYEL? No. The fact is, this is a great place to start lifting. Although more advanced lifters might get a bit annoyed with the very strict rules and lack of free weight equipment, it still has many redeeming qualities. For example, they DO have dumbbells however they only go up to 60ish Lbs. I believe. They might not have a barbell for squats however they have many great machines for legs.

TLDR: Great place to start, once you get to the point where you outgrow the equipment switch gyms.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.