[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anons who replaced flat bench with incline, was it worth it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: images.png (14KB, 355x414px) Image search: [Google]
images.png
14KB, 355x414px
Anons who replaced flat bench with incline, was it worth it?

While i don't pretend to replace i intend to switch things up a bit, right now im doing incline after flat bench and my upper pecs are lagging behind and i hope doing that will make the situation better.
>>
>muh angles
>>
>>42269192
If you don't compete there's literally no reason to flat bench.
>>
I'm going to replace flat bench with OHP and DB chest presses. Got my flat bench to 225 just to say that I Can do it
>>
>tfw the flat bench meme fucked your shoulders
I want to kill you faggots fuck
>>
>>42269253
I used to have shoulder pain from benching until I realized that I was lowering the bar too high on my chest. Aim for just below the nipples and keep your elbows tucked, not flared out.
>>
Nope, just replaced it with dips and ring flies

Whether or not it's a good exercise varies a lot from person to person, and also of course depending on your goals. And of course if you have long arms it's just fucking depressing how long it takes to make progress in comparison to armlets
>>
>>42269216

If you don't compete there's no reason to lift.
>>
>>42269216
>If you don't compete there's literally no reason to {insert exercise}.
Nice pasta
>>
por que no los dos?
>>
>>42269332
>>42269335
back to your general, powermemers
>>
>>42269192
Do both
>>
>>42269340
Sorry, i don't think i was clear in OP. I think I'll try doing incline first and then flat bench after for a little while and see what i think of it.
>>
>>42269216
This.

Flat bench is perhaps the biggest meme exercise ever. It's awful for chest development, there's little wiggle room for error in that you either blow your shoulder(s) out immediately or slowly saw a hole in your rotator cuff(s), there's no carryover to RL for the average guy and even if you're an actual athlete who's sport involves pushing people/things, there's still better exercises you can do. What's worse is that lifting culture has made the bench press into the "how big is your dick" of exercises, so not only do people strive for an arbitrary goal of 2 plates when they could be focused on a real goal, but they end up like >>42269253 for no reason.

Incline barbell/dumbbell bench, chest dips, and cable flyes from low/high positions are all you need to build a good looking, strong chest. Narrow pushups with a resistance band are also killer, as well as pushups in general because close chain kinetic exercises are better than open chain, but the problem is that you can't progressively load a pushup as well as you can a barbell.

TL;DR Don't fall for the flat bench meme.
>>
stop being an idiot and just bench. anyone telling you not to benches baby weight.
you will build a better chest benching 3 4pl8 then whatever meme excersises you do.
stop being a bitch, eat your food, and bench.
>>
>>42269380
Post your chest
>>
>>42269380
Yeah except that if you do flat bench with proper form it's completely fine. I only bench once a week with 5x3 and the rest is dips/ohp/incline/dumbbells, but there's nothing wrong with flat benchpress m8.
>>
>>42269380

t. fag got hurt because of poor form (like it's very technical lol)

Good thing those other exercises limit you to baby weight or you might get hurt again.
>>
>>42269428
sorry not on computer, but its similar to this
>>
anyone have a good form video for incline, I arch my back so much that incline is basically flat
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.