[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would spending time each day slav squatting help with flexibility

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: Screenshot_20170725-161423~01.png (1MB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170725-161423~01.png
1MB, 720x1280px
Would spending time each day slav squatting help with flexibility and translate to greater weighted squat mobility?

I had to reduce my babby squat weight from 92.5kg to 60kg because I finally recorded myself and my form was complete and utter shit.

I'm wondering how I can feel more comfortable with going below parallel.

Pic related, screencap of my squat today. Before I wasn't even hitting parallel and my knees were like half a foot in front of my toes.
>>
>>42268147
One plate... Yeh babe, stay in the kitchen from now on and try not to hurt yourself... Yes the knives are sharp just hurry up and make me a sandwich woman... Stupid whore.
>>
Stretch and foam roll
>>
>>42268147
Why not go full ass to grass instead of parallel?
If you're not competing, then going bellow parallel would just make things easier imo, since you know you're hitting the right depth each time your hams touch your calves.
If you're planning to compete in PL why not do lowbar squats, those are easier to do for parallel imo.

And yes, doing feet flat on the ground while knees open squat stretches everyday might help.
Do some mobility work though.
>>
File: 1272412369_gopomobil.jpg (65KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1272412369_gopomobil.jpg
65KB, 600x450px
>>42268173
Do you feel better about yourself now?

>>42268195
I stretch currently but don't foam roll, cheers. Would it also be worth it to just spend time each day chilling like a slav?
>>
>>42268147
Absolutely. Heck, you should do that even if it doesn't help with your barbell squat.
>>
File: IMG_2821.jpg (48KB, 600x512px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2821.jpg
48KB, 600x512px
>>42268147
I prefer to sit like pic related every day for roughly 10 minutes or whenever I'd have to pick something up from the ground. For me it has greatly increased my squat form when going below parallel because it feels very natural to me now.
>>
>>42268265
poo in the loo-tier shit
>>
>>42268147
There's nothing wrong with your form tho? As long as you keep a straight back and a tight core it should be fine.
>>
>>42268239
I was genuinely attempting ass to grass. I found it hard to do weighted, but can manage it without weight. My hips are very slightly below my knees; when I go lower I feel like I won't be able to crawl out the hole.

You see my problem.
>>
>>42268307
Do just the bar, then add like 10lb plates increments each new set until you find your comfortable (but still pushing) real ATG weight.
It may be painful to acknowledge, but you'll need to start low in weight.
Or do parallel squats, but then I'd advise on lowbar so that you avoid good morning it.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170725-163512~01.png (1MB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170725-163512~01.png
1MB, 720x1280px
>>42268295
Yeah that pic is my form since lowering and focusing on trying to go below parallel.

This is my squat on Sunday; but coming up from there was a lot more wobbly and heavier on my back, like I was doing half a good morning.
>>
>>42268366
It's still not THAT bad. Not ideal by any means, but if you keep a tight core the chances of injury should be very low.
>>
>>42268348
I have some issue with low bar where I just get shitloads of pressure on my wrists. I'll record myself next session going up from bar and seeing where I can truly go ATG. Cheers.
>>
>>42268436
In high bar you still rest part of the bar on your traps.
Pull your traps together, rest the bar in that comfy muscle pillow, use the arms to keep bar stable and extra support.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.