[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /fit/, I've been lurking for some time and I need some

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: waw.png (574KB, 532x728px) Image search: [Google]
waw.png
574KB, 532x728px
Hi /fit/, I've been lurking for some time and I need some fitbro guidance

I read the sticky and am confused about whether I should lose fat first (I definitely have some fat on my belly) or if I can start building muscle already. I don't weigh much right now though, so I don't know if losing weight now might do more bad than good.

>tall skinnyfat 18yo who wants to get bigger (and possibly stronger, I'm weak af)
>193 cm (6'4") - 70.4 kg (155 lbs) - BMI 18.9

I implore for your guidance, /fit/bros
side shot included
>>
>>42265984
Lift and bulk
>>
File: wiw.png (796KB, 651x660px) Image search: [Google]
wiw.png
796KB, 651x660px
front shot
>>
>6'4 155lbs
>should I cut?
If you're doing some kind of Auschwitz cosplay thing, I guess, but I wouldn't recommend it.
>>
File: wew.png (684KB, 763x691px) Image search: [Google]
wew.png
684KB, 763x691px
>>42265988
should I ignore the fat on my belly though? do I need to bulk first and then lift?

bro shot
>>
>>42266004
Someone posted on here that you should always cut before bulking first if you're skinnyfat, and people seemed to agree with him/her
>>
>>42265984
dude, just start lifting. get your diet and sleep in order too. your body will take care of the rest.
>>
>>42266005
There's nothing for you to cut to. You'll never get abs because your abs are totally undeveloped. Bulk, then cut next spring.

>>42266016
You're skinny, not skinnyfat.
>>
>>42266016
If you knew what you were talking about you wouldn't be asking in the first place
>>
Don't even bother lifting, your frame is smaller than that of most teenage boys, probably because you were anorexic during development.
>>
>>42265984

>tall
>6'4"
>thinks he's tall

Manlets these days
>>
>>42266005

You're in skelly mode. Not skinny fat at all. If you just did a ton of abs/core exercises you'll have abs. But only because you have low bf.

eat more and lift - it isnt that hard
>>
are you under 15% bf? eat +200-300 above TDEE until you reach 15-17%.

are you over? cut down at no more than 8% bw/week to keep and even gain strength and muscle.

that's all there is to it. if you never lifted before or played any sports where you need some kind of power you can safely call yourself a beginner. all beginners will have noob gains at start which on average last like 3-8 months. during that time you will get stronger each day regardless of how much you eat (as long as you don't eat too little and get enough sleep which is around 8h per night at minimum) as long as you PROGRESSIVELY OVERLOAD.

so pick any beginner program and start lifting and use above guidelines to figure out if you should cut or bulk.

also don't worry much about exercises now, just focus on compounds mostly. more is not better and you won't get stronger twice as fast just because you do twice as many exercises. doing the big 3 lifts at least 3x/week adding in biceps and chinups/pullups after 2-3 weeks is enough for beginner to get super strong in a short time.
>>
>>42265984
Just so you know, your BMI is 18.9 and 18 is classified as underweight.
Im not sure if you're a native english speaker or not so i'll help you with that one, underweight = hella skinny.
>>
>>42265984
start hypertrophy
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.