[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the consensus on two workout sessions per day? One

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: hot_pepe_by_facecoffee-d8og2uv.jpg (39KB, 640x818px) Image search: [Google]
hot_pepe_by_facecoffee-d8og2uv.jpg
39KB, 640x818px
What's the consensus on two workout sessions per day?
One in the morning, one in the evening.
>>
>>42265329
here, have a
>Bump™
>>
literally doing exactly that today
>>
For this to work you must not have a normal job/life.

You have to be able to sleep during the day.

You can't wake up, lift in the morning, then goto work all day, then go to the gym again, with zero rest in the middle of the day.

Your following morning session is going to also suffer because you had 2 training sessions the day before without any proper rest in between them.

There are professional olympic lifters that lift 3-5 times PER DAY, but that is their job, they literally lift, then go nap, then wake up, and go lift again, then nap again.

As a normie with responsibilities during the day (regardless of whether you work a white collar job) will impact drastically on your ability to make 2 workout sessions worth doing.
>>
Its fine as long as you program it correctly so you aren't training certain muscles too often to recover enough.

A simple example would be doing upper body in morning and lower body at night.
>>
You can train as much as you want if you're get enough rest. Without a lengthy nap in the middle, you'll over train
>>
File: 2923059032905235.jpg (213KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
2923059032905235.jpg
213KB, 2000x1000px
>>42265493
Let me explain to you why that is also shit for someone that isn't napping during the day.

Your GAINS don't just magically appear on your body because you "WENT HARD BRO". They come as you progress in the gym and improve.

Say you have 2 lifting sessions. 1 Upper body, 1 Lower body. You can do both in 1 day, or in 2 days.

>(Remember that muscle growth is based on performance, rest, recovery, not just banging you head against the wall)

You will do the Upper Body in the morning, and perform at 100%, nice congrats, it was a good session. But then you've been at work all day, your body has been up for 12+ hours now and you've already exercised in the morning, but now you're heading off for Lower Body workout at night, do you HONESTLY think you're going to perform at 100% for this session, compared to if you just decided to do it the following day 100% refreshed?.

Well, what do you think? Do you do the Lower body the following day and achieve 100% optimal performance, or do you bum-rush the Lower body day at night for your 2nd training session, and maybe reach 75% because you've been up all day, already lifted, etc.
>>
>>42265523

Mate, I said "as long as you program it correctly" which implies not doing what you are saying.

Of course trying to train twice a day with the usual intensity of one-a-day workouts is dumb.
>>
>>42265535
agree, you could go heavy in the morning and lighter/hypertrophy at night
>>
>>42265329

All I know is that Arnold did it.

As long as you have the energy for it, I dont see why not
>>
>>42265581

Arnold did roids.
If this guy is natty, just train once a day 100 %.
>>
I try to split my sessions if I can, so I don't have to take my ridiculous preworkout. I do chest+bis/back+tris/legs+shoulders, so splitting it is easy, and I do core and cardio with the arms/shoulder sessions.
>>
the consensus is you should get a job
>>
i'll give you guys the magic formula to a perfect twice a day workout session
>take 600mg of test e a week
>do a full body workout (compounds only) on monday
>do isolation for arms and shoulders at tuesday
>repeat full body on wednsday
>repeat isolation on thursday
>repeat full body on friday
>repeat isolation on saturday
>rest sunday
>>
I have been doing my compounds in the morning at 5:45 - 7 and accessories during my lunch break at work.

Am I killing my gains by doing so? I really hate the after work atmosphere and crowdedness of my gym, I also get more free time to myself at night if I do this.
>>
It's called being on steroids.
>>
>>42265329
you don't need to work out that often, unless you are a bodybuilder . You are going to get burned or injured eventually m8
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.