[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the advantages of having a gym membership over buying

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1490473157257.jpg (97KB, 1174x464px) Image search: [Google]
1490473157257.jpg
97KB, 1174x464px
What are the advantages of having a gym membership over buying a home gym? Home gyms seem to be a better long term investment.
>>
>>42252959
so you have 1 reason to leave the house other than work and groceries
>>
>>42252959
you need a house. also this >>42252966, leaving you home is good
>>
>>42252959
As someone who has a homegym the main disadvantages are:
>lack of spotter for some lifts
>lack of certain equipment that could be beneficial (eg. reverse hyper, normal hyper, certain cable stuff and angles)
>lack of dumbbell selection, unless you have loads of room and money, so would have to go adjustable
>lack of social atmosphere and gym buds
>dead space for 90% of the time for your homegym
>if you plan on moving living place it can be v. inconvenient

Overall if you have the space and the initial capital (which pays for itself in like 1-2 years for decent equipment) I would heavily recommend it as all the problems are only mild inconveniences compared to being able to slam around weight, no waiting times, no travel time(a big one), own music, can fart, shower in house, try new things.

Lastly the cost effectiveness is pretty mild initially since you will inevitably buy more weight and other shit as you progress along but you get to keep all that stuff. But yeah its great, only genuine things i miss is the friendly banter and the spots.
>>
>>42252966
>>42252980
>>42253171
These replies helped a good bit. I will consider what you kinda anons have said. Thanks, lads.
>>
I miss /fitlit/
>>
I dream of having my own well equipped home gy in a garage or shack that is open to other guys and gals from my village while I train.
>>
>tfw will never get a house with The Boys™ and pitch in for a home gym together
>>
>>42253705
One word for you
>liability
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.