[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I know this is more of a /ck/ question but I think /fit/ denizens

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: roastie.jpg (54KB, 725x408px) Image search: [Google]
roastie.jpg
54KB, 725x408px
I know this is more of a /ck/ question but I think /fit/ denizens have consumed way more flocks of chicken than anyone in /ck/.

What do you do with rotisserie chicken? Sandwiches for a few days? Just the chicken with sides? How do you like to cut it?

I'm trying to do more meal prep on the reg and there's a Costco three blocks from me so I figure I may as well start buying these regularly
>>
Learn how to cook chicken if you are going to do meal prep.

Eat it with steamed vegetables and/or brown rice.
>>
>>42252647
what is so bad about white rice? i just love my basmati...
>>
>>42252647

>brown rice

enjoy your 0 nutrition and phytic acid overload.

There's a reason no one eats that garbage ouside of hipsters and out of shape middle aged women.
>>
OP preferably learn how to cook, as >>42252647
said, however, if I buy a rotisseries chicken from Costco I eat all the meat then make stock from the bones to make soups/stews or rice later in the week.
>>
I normally crock-pot cook chicken, but if you're going to use rotisserie chicken, try shredding it and making enchaladas, or making dat buffalo casserole:

Anons' Buffalo Casserole:

2 cups cooked white rice
1 rotisserie chicken or 3 crock pot cooked breasts
1 cup cheddar cheese
4-8 tablespoons frank's buffalo sauce
2 bell peppers minced (I normally pick a red and a green one)
2 cups chopped spinach
garlic, salt, pepper, paprika, cumin, and chili powder
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar

Shred the chicken and combine in a large skillet with the minced peppers. Throw in the apple cider vinegar. You can add half an onion if you like as well. get good and sizzling, then add the chopped spinach and rice with a tablespoon of olive oil or veggie oil. Add salt, pepper, cumin, paprika, and the frank's to taste. stir well and remove from heat. Add 3/4 of the cup of cheese to the combination and stir it all in there.

Preheat the oven to 350F. lightly spray oil into a casserole dish, and then pour casserole into the dish (I use an 8x8). add the remaining cheddar on top, and garnish with paprika. Place in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until the sides are bubbling and the cheese is starting to brown.

Allow a couple of minutes to rest and reflect on how your life got to this, and why you're going to be eating the best casserole alone, then cut into it and enjoy.
>>
I separate the meat from the bones and store it in a container. I will eat chicken meat in a salad in the morning or in a bowl of brown rice, tuna, eggs and broccoli during the day.

I don't have much time to cook and clean so I save myself a bunch of it by buying pre-cooked chicken. It's the bulk of the meat I eat.
>>
>>42253916
>reflect on how your life got to this

thanks anon, that was a good lol
>>
>>42252624
I dice it/pick it off and break it into little bits then mix it in with basmati rice with turmeric and curry powder added, as well as peas, spinach, and kale. Add olive oil if you need more calories.
>>
>>42253524
>>42253510

>Our data suggest that regular consumption of white rice is associated with an increased risk of T2D, whereas replacement of white rice by brown rice or other whole grains is associated with a lower risk.
For more details:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3024208/
>>
>>42252624
Too much sodium. Just buy chicken breasts and cook them.
>>
>>42252624

I pick all the meat off, then simmer the bones and skin on low heat with an onion for 10 or so hours. I do whatever I want with some of the meat, and usually make a soup with the rest of the meat.

If you want a golden broth, the trick is to put onion skins in your stock.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.