[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Yo just a couple questions. Going to gym for the first time tomorrow

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: iLhAJBl.png (47KB, 547x465px) Image search: [Google]
iLhAJBl.png
47KB, 547x465px
Yo just a couple questions. Going to gym for the first time tomorrow and decided to do the greyskull LP routine.

My questions are, I know I'll have to experiment to find the right weight but how much difference is there likely to be in weight from exercise to exercise? For example, will I be able to squat much more than I can overhead press or will one weight generally be okay for all the exercises?
>>
>>42249484
Since you're just starting out I would recommend reading through the stronglifts 5x5 webpage. It has answers to all of those questions and many more. The routine that it recommends is quite similar to the Greyskull LP with a few notable differences - both are good, but Stronglifts is simpler so I would recommend starting with that and trying out GSLP after a few weeks if you want to.

Good luck friendo
>>
>>42249484
Each move will be different. That said, start with the bar and add weight until the bar speed slows down, then treat that as your starting weight for your first set.

The cool thing about greyskull is that even if the weight is a bit too low, you're doing an AMRAP on the last set, and based on the AMRAP will add weight according to the AMRAP. It's better to start a little to light and get good work in than it is to start too heavy and use shit form and cheat yourself out of gains.

Here's something I wish I knew when I started forever ago: training with good form and challenging yourself = gains. Think of weight as a measuring stick rather than a hammer.
>>
>>42249484

I have a question about Phraks' GSLP version. I noticed there's no curls in here. Do the barbell rows make up for that? Is it still a good hypertrophy routine?
>>
>>42249538
Cheers man, makes perfect sense. So If I do the amrap and do let say 11 reps? Should I remember to increase weight for next time or do more sets with more weight during the same session?
>>
>>42249560
OP here, I'm a total noob and not qualified to answer but surely chin ups are going to hit bis pretty hard.
>>
>>42249567
It's 2.5lbs on upper body lifts, and 5lbs for lower body lifts, and doubled if you get 10 or more on the AMRAP, just for that lift.

Also for what it's worth, I think the original GSLP is better. Phrak's is just taking GSLP and SL and mixing them together.

Original GSLP has a big focus on doing push ups and chin ups grease the groove style 6 days a week, and is why there's no pulling movement in the original.
>>
>>42249599
In case you're interested in the original:

Monday
Bench/ or Press (A/B) 2x 5, 1 x 5+
Curl 2x 10-15 (bench days)
Squat 2x 5, 1x 5+
Neck Harness

Wednesday
Bench/ or Press 2x5, 1x 5+
Weighted Chins 2 x 6-8 (press days, and only if you can do at least 6-8 BW chins)
Deadlift 1x 5+ (with or without power cleans as warmups)
Neck Harness

Friday
Bench/ or Press (A/B) 2x 5, 1 x 5+
Curl 2x 10-15 (bench days)
Squat 2x 5, 1x 5+
Neck Harness

Bodyweight Chins and push ups are done every day.
5 lb jumps on Squat and Deadlift
2.5lb jumps on pressing movements and curls (when rep ranges are satisfied)
When reps on last set fall below 5, take 10% off of bar and begin process over (on that lift only)

Think of the weighted chins and curls as alternating. The way it's written is slightly confusing because the squats/deads are static days while everything else is kind of like an A and B workout.
>>
Deadlifts should be heaviest than squats then bench then ohp
>>
>>42249622
good shit man, not the guy you're talking to but ive been looking for the original GSLP

now when you say curls only on bench days is that barbell or dumbell or does it not matter? also since that's bench day only what is supposed to be done on the press day if anything?
>>
>>42249782
Cable (two handed) is probably the best option, barbell otherwise.

Weighted chins on OHP if you can do 6-8BW chins.
>>
>>42249622
not OP, but looking to get into it. what the hell is neck harness though?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.