[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is sleeping really THAT important for muscle development or is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: images (1).jpg (10KB, 225x225px)
images (1).jpg
10KB, 225x225px
is sleeping really THAT important for muscle development or is it just a gay normie meme/ spook?
>>
go 2 weeks sleeping 4 hours
go 2 weeks sleeping as much as you want waking up without an alarm clock
>>
It is super important. Less sleep = less recovery = slower progression
>>
>>42247375
It's very important, I try to get at least 8 hours a night
>>
>>42247375
RECOVERY (nutrition + sleep) is arguably more important than what you do in the gym, as long as you're working out regularly and doing heavy compounds.
>>
>>42247375
You don't grow when you're awake, you grow when you sleep. The better the sleep you get, the more time your body gets to release growth hormones and other shit like that.
>>
>>42248023
Not just this but less sleep also = less energy so even less progression.
>>
>>42247375
It's pretty important. Your body does a lot of repair when you sleep. Also if you don't get your sleep, you'll be weak and that leads to subpar lifts.
>>
diet>genetics>sleep>exercise
>>
>>42247375
I don't know of any experiments that show sleeping 8-10+ hours gives better gains than 5-7 hours.

Obviously bad shit happens if you go days without sleep, but I think getting a lot of sleep is just mostly makes-sense-broscience
>>
>>42247375
Most manlets didn't get enough sleep as children. Bone growth only occurs during sleep.
>>
>spook

stopped reading right there
>>
Best gains and aesthetics I ever had in my life was when I lived the NEET lifestyle and slept for as long as I wanted, never rushing out of bed, no alarm, just sleeping until MY BODY naturally wanted to wake up.

It's not until you've lived the NEET lifestyle that you look around you and realise that people who work for a living look like exhausted depressed drones with frail looking bodies and negative habits on-top of it to get through working (like drinking, smoking, drugs, eating tons of junk etc)
>>
>>42249411
kind of, muscle repair and growth occurs 24/7 but yeah sleep is crucial to releasing the GH and maintaining proper levels of hormones for this to occur optimally
>>
>tfw slept like shit during puberty
>not a manlet extraordinaire
Fucking kill me, how was I supposed to know that GH is released during sleep ?
>>
>>42247375
you would be jacked if it wasn't for your addiction to internet/vidya/tv shows/avoiding the dread of morning
>>
>>42250660
Good thing it was at the end of his post then, eh you fucking brainlet?
>>
>>42250831
i would sleep like 10-12 hours any day i didnt need to set an alarm during my teens
6'2 and nfl tier frame/skeletal structure (but am currently fatty bearmode- didnt' fall for powerlifting meme either)
>>
>>42249703
This is bullshit. I'm 6'2 and my 12-18 years I had a horrible sleep schedule. I'd stay up playing video games all night and didn't end up a manlet.
>>
Well what about Me, my body Only wants to sleep 6-7 hours. i Wake up by myself all the time after 6 hours.
I havet adhd maybe becaude of that
>>
>>42250915

How fucking stupid are you? Your shit sleep schedule probably cost you 2 inches, you will never reach your maximum height potential without optimal sleep

Kill yourself
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.