[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Pareto principles dictates that 20% of the effort will yield

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1301147959830.jpg (53KB, 272x604px) Image search: [Google]
1301147959830.jpg
53KB, 272x604px
The Pareto principles dictates that 20% of the effort will yield 80% of the results.

However, the 20% effort is more than those who have deluded themselves realize:

You need to do a majority of the following to make it, and it all can easily be done even while working 50 hours a week:

>Track appropriate consumed calories
>Track approximate macros
>Eat a large amount of vegetables daily
>Not deviating from diet for bullshit reasons
>Read multiple books on healthy human diets
>Track results of each workout
>Have a workout routine that you stick to
>Periodically assess the appropriateness of your workout routine.
>Avoid alcohol except in limited social situations
>Avoid excess sugar except in limited social situations
>Read multiple books on weightlifting
>Periodically do form checks
>Work daily on flexibility and posture
>Push yourself every workout (except when injured)
>Never skipping workouts because you 'don't feel like it'. True emergencies only.
>Periodically research and be able to explain why the lifts you have chosen are beneficial

Doing the above for 1-2+ years (maybe even less for those who have lifted a long time but are stuck in mediocre limbo and haven't perfected their diets) nearly guarantees making it to the extent you need to. Accountability and effort are the 20%.
True greatness will take more effort (steroids, higher intensity, more hours, more study).

If the above list scares you, you're not doing enough and you know it.
Why go to the gym 3x a week if you aren't going to fix your diet for a few months while you cut?

It's not honestly that hard, but convincing mentalets that it isn't? That's the hard part.

>But I don't do some of these things and I made it bro!!!
K. Great. Awesome.

>Bro I don't need to track shit I wing it and make it
K. Great. Awesome. Odds are you've developed a reliable heuristic which replaced the need to track. That's fine. It still took effort to find your rhythm which is the whole point.
>>
>>42244437
This pareto is bullshit. This rule works if you are normie and care only to impress someone with muh habits.
>>
>>42244437
>Track appropriate consumed calories
Nope. Too lazy and my eating habits make this pretty difficult.
>Track approximate macros
nope, same as above.
>Eat a large amount of vegetables daily
I do that
>Not deviating from diet for bullshit reasons
Eat out/fast food maybe 1-2 times a month, that's about it
>Read multiple books on healthy human diets
Got a couple on my reading list, haven't gotten to them yet.
>Track results of each workout
Yes, I'm not a retard.
>Have a workout routine that you stick to
Yup.
>Periodically assess the appropriateness of your workout routine.
Yup.
>Avoid alcohol except in limited social situations
I still drink too much/ too often, but I've reduced it already.
>Avoid excess sugar except in limited social situations
The only sugar I get is honey. I don't eat anything with added sugar.
>Read multiple books on weightlifting
Yup. Read SS, 531, and got a few others on my reading list as well.
>Periodically do form checks
Yup.
>Work daily on flexibility and posture
Eric Bugenhagen's hip mobility routine. And I'm pretty conscious about having good posture at all times.
>Push yourself every workout (except when injured)
Yeah.
>Never skipping workouts because you 'don't feel like it'. True emergencies only.
Usually only skip when I'm hungover. Last time I lifted hungover I injured myself.
>Periodically research and be able to explain why the lifts you have chosen are beneficial
Yup.
>>
>>42244691
you sound like a faggot
>>
>>42244782
why
>>
>>42244842
Yup.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.