[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we discuss the importance of carbs post-workout? I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: LC-Snacks–Nuts4-1200x602.jpg (71KB, 1200x602px) Image search: [Google]
LC-Snacks–Nuts4-1200x602.jpg
71KB, 1200x602px
Can we discuss the importance of carbs post-workout? I've been looking it up for the past hour and everything is so conflicting. From people who lift fasted and swear by not eating carbs until late, to sports articles who claim that you need 70-100g carbs within 30m of your workout. What's going on here?
>>
>>42230849
>to sports articles who claim that you need 70-100g carbs within 30m of your workout

hahah
>>
>>42230849
My advice: Don't worry about getting the perfect shake or packing in the macros. just eat enough whole healthy foods to feel 80% full.

You should eat something with carbs and protein in it at least within an hour of finishing your workout with enough calories to make up what you burned if you're trying to gain (or nearly make it up even if you are trying to lose).
>>
Personally I eat a small amount of carbs as I'm walking into the gym, always helps the workout, but you really need to eat it within a few minutes of starting your workout or the benefit is reduced a lot.
>>
depends how fat you are and how much you're lifting and what your goals are, theres a lot of conflicting advice because theres a million ways to skin the cat here.

quick n dirty carb tips: if you have a lot of body fat to lose, you don't need as many carbs. the leaner you are the more you can eat. also the more muscle mass you have the more carbs you can buffer before you "spill over."

if you strength train a lot or do a lot of glycolytic exercise like playing sports and you're doing them more than a few days a week, eat more carbs. get carbs from clean sources, try to eat a lot of leafy vegetables/plant matter and starchy vegetables when you feel you need/deserve more.

also don't worry about the details too much because if you're generally eating clean (rarely having junk food/alcohol), getting good sleep, and working out you won't put on much fat anyway. you don't really need to do anything very advanced like having a specific amount of carbs unless you're going for some autismally specific goal, the fitness world is full of articles catering to people who want to be competing body builders or athletes and catering to normies who wish they were like that, but if you don't have something very specific to zero in on having 80 grams of carbs in a post workout meal vs 120 grams isn't going to matter very much.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.