[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I got a gym membership yesterday and tomorrow I'm going

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

So I got a gym membership yesterday and tomorrow I'm going but I don't anything about working out. Any tips for a complete newbie on how to start?
>>
read the sticky
>>
>>42230141
Whatever you do, don't forget to tip the counter person.
>>
>>42230185
Genuinely curious, is this a common thing in the US of A? Why? Are the receptionists wages dependent on tips? Europfag here, my 25 bucks/month subscription at my popular gym covers everything, there is no tip jar.
>>
>>42231511

Its an epic meme here. Of course you don't tip a gym receptionist.
You only tip the gym employees who are on the gym floor cleaning weights up.
>>
>>42231524
It's important to tip the doorman in the gym bathroom as well. Just because he is being paid to spray soap in your hands and give you napkinds doesn't mean he's getting paid WELL
>>
>>42230141
There is literally a sticky for this exact reason. Its a long read but its worthwhile. Find a good program and stick with it. Results are slow. Dont bitch out and miss your gym days unless you have a damn good reason. Keep in mind that you'll want to track your calorie intake at some point so thst you can achieve your goal of weight loss or gain. Good luck mate.
>>
>>42231545
fuck off tripfag
>>
>>42231511
you need to pay in gym tokens, good behaviour like cleaning up the plates, not super setting 5 machines, etc. gets you 5 tokens
>>
A few things
- reracking weights will make you look like a loser
- always tell people that their form is off, and then demonstrate correct form (people will appreciate this)
- "good form" is a myth. Do whatever you feel like
- you need to bring at least $2 each session for the plate dispenser
- leave your belongings at a bench the whole time, and then leave and go do other things
- treadmills are just fancy dip machines
- ask the biggest guy for steroids the first day. Then procede to drink the bottle of Test E
>>
>>42230141
Find a gym routine, follow it, and make notes on how much you lift and when.
So, for example, I'm doing Reg Park's Beginner Lifting routine. Today is B-day. So when I do my front squats, I will be recording the weight on each lift on my phone.

Drink a lot of water, cut out soda/pop, reduce alcohol. Eat a lot of protein; eat a lot of greens.

People at the gym don't really care about what you do as long as your not an autist. Stick to your routine and you should be fine. Don't try to lift more than you should. Start small and move up in weight - this is also good for warming up.

Also, let me walk you through this like a good anon:

Obey:
>>42230151
>>42231545

Disregard:
>>42230185
>>42231524
>>42231539
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.