[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

tell me /fit/ how to improve on chin and pull ups . I can do

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 612full-laneya-grace.jpg (72KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
612full-laneya-grace.jpg
72KB, 612x612px
tell me /fit/ how to improve on chin and pull ups .
I can do 10 on the first set but the second and the susequent ones i only manage eight or less.
I kept on repeating the exercise but I don't seem to improve.
>pic kinda unrelated
>>
do sets of 5 and add weight
>>
>>42224240
how to add weight if I don't have the thing with the rope that they attach to their lower back
>>
>>42224293
buy one
>>
>>42224224
after you can do pull ups you should go into

L-chin ups
L-pull ups
Bulgarian pull-ups
and so on. No point in increasing the reps. Increase the difficulty. When you can do 5x5reps of each go to the next level. Also you need full ROM - CHin above the bar, but not touching it. and completely to the bottom (most people don't go to the bottom). Make another thread when you can do 5x5 Bulgarian pull ups and I will give you the rest of the progression.
>>
>>42224455
thanks for the suggestion. just a smole question about the full extention I heard that that's unnecessary and puts unneeded strain on the bones.
>>
>>42224667
Never heard of such a thing. Olympic gymnasts do the full extension.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAOd8RKDpgc
>>
>>42224293
Hold dumbbells or plates between your legs, why is that so difficult?
>>
>>42224667
Eve rippletits does them from dead hang and he's an injured old fatass
>>
>>42224224
Im making great gains with this

1 max set
3 sets of half your max but weighted
1 more max set

pull ups^

for chin ups I only do weighted since I find them easier.

I go Monday-Tu.-Wed. then Friday-Saturday

Get a drawstring bag and some 5 pound plates and add weight as needed
>>
>>42224293
I just run a length of chain through the hole in the plate and fasten it with a carabiner over a weightlifting belt.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.