[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /fit/, got this problem. I started working out in earne

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4

Hey /fit/, got this problem.

I started working out in earnest about a week ago now and about halfway through, I started to develop very painful hemorrhoids.
This isn't the first time this has happened, as I used to work a cooking job which was very stressful and physically demanding, but at the time, I figured it was just the stress, though now I know it’s probably the latter, since life is relatively stress-free right now.

So, my question boils down to: Is there anything I can actually do about this? Am I going at it too hard for someone predisposed to these flare-ups? My doctor is basically useless and tells me to just keep using PrepH on it (which I’d been doing since Day 1) and if it gets infected or worse, to call him.

Basic facts for those willing to help:
Diet is relatively normal: I have a somewhat light breakfast of eggs and fruit, then gym, followed by protein shake. For lunch usually a burger w/salad or a steak w/greens. Dinner is usually something heartier, like a stew or something. Forgive the pleb diet, I’m pretty new to /fit/, as you can tell.

For actual exercise, I pretty much follow this on M/W/F:
http://newbie-fitness.blogspot.com/2007/01/stripped-5x5.html

In addition, I spend Tuesdays/Thursdays and most warmups on cardio.

Anyway, that’s all. Pic related: It’s me for the past two days.

TLDR: Help, my ass is broken. Should I do less squats?
>>
File: 02-were-pooping-wrong.jpg (32KB, 600x351px) Image search: [Google]
02-were-pooping-wrong.jpg
32KB, 600x351px
>>42220209
you can try changing how you poop
>>
File: t.jpg (45KB, 600x631px) Image search: [Google]
t.jpg
45KB, 600x631px
>>42220209
Replace your current toilet with a squat toilet.
>>
>>42220245
Tbh, squatting is a lot better for me, but I have a roommate who's currently bigger than me, and I would live a life of ridicule for owning a squatting stool. Also, no room in my closet of a bathroom.
>>
>>42220260
3rd floor Apartment with no plumbing XP and not a huge amount of money.
>>
File: squatting.png (106KB, 531x332px) Image search: [Google]
squatting.png
106KB, 531x332px
>>42220274
excuses
you can shit like this
>>
>>42220328
I did, originally. Then I read up on all that stuff about people tearing open femoral arteries/getting huge gashes from faulty toilets. While my apartment isn't that bad, that toilet is probably 30-40 years old.
>>
Shameless self-bump for the sake of my ass.
>>
I had an external hemorrhoid flare up when I started lifting again like 5 months ago, after a long period of inactivity. It was pretty painful (was thrombosed, i.e., blood clots formed in it). I went to a doctor, who like yours recommended changes to diet and topical cream. But from doing research I saw some are of the opinion that thrombosed external ones can benefit from surgical removal, so I asked for that and got referred to a clinic that did it for me. I don't know the details of your situation (internal / external) and thrombosed or not. But there are cases that benefit from getting removed. Especially since you said yours only started a week or so ago and are thus acute and warrant intervention.

But obviously this is a short term fix of an acute flare-up. Long term prevention in those pre-disposed to them requires:
- diet
- adopting the squating poop, or at least lifting up your knees if not a full squat
- avoid straining as much as possible when shitting

I think weightlifting is most at risk when you do heavy ass weights and hold your breath. Which while it can stabilize you during very heavy lifts creates a lot of internal pressure that can lead to hemorrhoids. If you want to do it risk free, lift moderately while exhaling during the lift. If you want to get into heavy ass weights and hold your breath beware of the risks.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.