[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is a /fit/ approved martial arts? I want to try out something

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: do you even squat.jpg (43KB, 300x375px) Image search: [Google]
do you even squat.jpg
43KB, 300x375px
What is a /fit/ approved martial arts?
I want to try out something that is accessible and that I can get into. Also for cardio, because other things like the bike or swimming are mindnumbingly boring.
I know a lot of people criticise TKD but it seems to fit the criteria. Although I tried a place out once and everyone else were kids half my age.
Also something that is accepting of non-normies so no BJJ or kickboxing
>>
Do you want to learn to fight or just dance?

Taekwondo is great fun if you just want to dance and flip around, I do it, but its not that helpful for fighting.

Karate is more hand strike based and much less fun, more autistic for sure.
>>
box. It'll make you a man
>>
>>42205739
Well I'm not the kind of person to get into fights
what else is there? I suppose TKD and Karate are the main ones
>>
>>42205814
this, it made something out of this lanky faggot here atleast
>>
Jesus christ, someone should put info about martial arts to sticky, this thread is created everyday
>>
>accepting of non-normies

Fencing.
>>
>>42206126
That's just gay
>>
If you want something for fitness, do boxing.

If you want something for self-defense, do boxing.

If you want something cheap that you can find a gym anywhere, plus decent instructions online as supplement, do boxing.
>>
>>42205710
>punching and kicking (striking)
Boxing, muay Thai, kyokushin karate
>wrestling (grappling)
Wrestling, Brazilian jiu jitsu, judo, sambo

Google martial arts in your city and see what's nearby, then decide. Above are the useful ones, they meet all your goals.
>>
I do TKD, I love the art and I don't regret the years I put into it but I highly advise not doing it. Something about traditional schools like that develop a cult-like mindset and make you pay out the ass for "special programs". I learned from my grandmaster and his wife who kept things traditional but once his son took over things changed to this new-age TKD crap.

Just do boxing/ Muay Thai anon. Less bullshit
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.