[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/scoliosis/ Talk about how it affects your lifting, if you've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: serveimage-2.png (3MB, 750x1500px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage-2.png
3MB, 750x1500px
/scoliosis/

Talk about how it affects your lifting, if you've had the surgery or not, feels, etc
>>
Doesn't really affect it at all. Although I do get a stiff back when I jog and during my back work out.

Also, I get back spasms but Usually they only happen once every 2 or 3 years.
>>
>>42199852
How severe are your curves? Glad to hear you're unaffected, do you do any physio specific for your back?
>>
>>42199470
Any easy way to check up on this? My posture when sitting (not talking about slouching, I literally half-lie on my side in my chair) is so awful I must have a fucked up spine
>>
>>42200036

I live in Canada so I just went to my GP and got a referral for an xray then drove to the hospital, waited a few hours and got one. It'll vary between countries, but the way a doctor quickly checks is they have you bend over then look at your back for any obvious curvature or rib asymmetry
>>
i do have it
probably from sitting on my ass for years in front of pc and ooold ankle injury?

i often feel discomfort in right hip, and after deadlifting my left spinal erectors are pumped much harder than right, also right hamstring usually takes most of load

idk how to fix this
>>
mild, but combined with lordosis, so I don't lift heavy anymore (deadlfits, squats)

I combine bodyweight and some lighter dumbbells, I want to have somewhat functioning spine by the time I'm 50
>>
>>42200017
My curve in noticeable if you look at my back, it also gives my shoulders a slight lopsided look and makes my neck a an angle.
>>
File: 1454720223094.png (36KB, 255x255px) Image search: [Google]
1454720223094.png
36KB, 255x255px
>>42200036
bend over in front of a mirror and touch your toes. do you notice a "hump" that is pronounced on one side and not the other? do you happen to have a rib that is more pronounced than the opposite side? you can take a picture of your back as well and follow your spine to look for curvature. x-rays are the definitive method.

>>42200755
a structural scoliosis points to the spinal column and vertebrae being misaligned. the vast majority of structural curves have an unknown cause. your spine just decided to go that way. can't tell you much else.

a functional scoliosis/curve is more due to muscular imbalances, poor posture, etc. these can be corrected with physical therapy, research and exercise, etc.

people that have a structural curve often times present with a compensatory functional curve as well. it's important to see what can and cannot be remedied if you have scoliosis.

>>42200017
i've got a 38 degree thoracic right curve. it's fun stuff.

i've got a compensatory curve and rotation in my cervical spine. kind of gives me some minor neck issues.

if i catch myself in a mirror or somewhere like a changing room then i'll get self-conscience about it but that goes away after a little bit of time. the muscular imbalances look quite drastic when my shirt is off. lots of friends say things like: "oh, i forgot about your back. can't really see it when you have a shirt one." etc.

biggest complaint is trying to flat bench and do overhead work with a scoliosis. i can't get my scapula back evenly for the "platform" when benching. i also would like to bench on wider benches. overhead work is a bitch because of uneven weight distribution and the way it loads my spine making it uncomfortable.
>>
>>42201399
>i can't get my scapula back evenly for the "platform" when benching

I know that fucking feel, I have 35, thoracic too which drives my shoulder crazy sometimes cause of how it rolls it forward, stretching the muscle. I also know those shirt feels. I was considering looking into this:

http://www.spineandscoliosis.com/before-and-after/

They claim full mobility and only 6 weeks recovery unlike fusion.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.