[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Doing a 1 on 1 boxing lesson today. What can I expect? How

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: cozy.jpg (54KB, 705x633px) Image search: [Google]
cozy.jpg
54KB, 705x633px
Doing a 1 on 1 boxing lesson today. What can I expect?

How far will my gains get me?
>>
File: fightingtough.jpg (27KB, 700x394px) Image search: [Google]
fightingtough.jpg
27KB, 700x394px
>>42198710
good for you. they'll run you through some warm up exercises and then work some footwork and basic punches. If you're going regularly and not totally retarded, they'll add onto your basics as you go. Even if you're just throwing 1s and 2s and concentrating on footwork you'll get a great workout out of it. Similar to sprinting, won't take much to wind you, and you'll improve as you train.
>>
>>42199238
I want to go back in boxing but I'm afraid of brain damages. I also love hard sparring. What do ? I don't wanna be dumb in 5 years
>>
>>42199248
Try light sparring then?
>>
>>42199248
unless you're training to compete, you probably don't have to worry too much. It's not like you'll be thrown into the ring right away -- they'll want to work you into it gradually. You will want to avoid the guy in the gym who sees you hitting the bag and then asks you to spar with him. It's a stereotype for a reason, but you could end up getting beat on way too hard before you're ready. Let your trainer decide when you should go into the ring, and he'll not make you stupid with hard punches
>>
Yeah, do light sparring or add Muay Thai for the feet, it's fun too.
>>
>>42198710
Not much. Your lead arm will be really really tired. Your calves will hurt as well.
>>
i spent last 30 hours reading about amateurs boxers risk of brain damage and i think i have to pass on it
my iq is too precious to waste
maybe gonna train without sparring to learn basics and then move onto some bjj or wrestling stuff
>>42199248
>>
>>42198710

From my understanding boxing is taxing endurance wise, so I hope you've been doing cardio.
>>
>>42199248
if you like boxing you are dumb already, work out in the library and maybe you will be able to manage your roid temper
>>
>>42200747
What did you learn from reading?
>>
>>42200862
even light sparring can lead to permament damage
>>
>>42200930
What about muay thai?
>>
>>42200930
Even if done like once a week? Mind linking a source?
>>
>>42200930
Wise choice. I quit boxing after 6 months because even light sparring during regular practice was too much. A very light punch to the head still rattles your brain.
>>
File: 76376473.jpg (533KB, 2048x1025px) Image search: [Google]
76376473.jpg
533KB, 2048x1025px
>>42198710
Expect to be punched.
>>
You can expect a thorough fisting
>>
>>42201095
That's a cozy monkey
>>
>>42200992
I dont have a source but i can attest to it anecdotally. I trained for 10 years sparred light once a week and my memory is pure shite now. It wont make you dumb but it absolutely will make you forgetful.
>>
>>42200955
>>42200992
muay thai also has your opponent applying lots of force into your skull shaking your brain and causing micro damage
it probably wont turn you into retard but i value my mind over my fighting ability and even slight decrease in performance is not worth it

too lazy to post sources but there is plenty of evidence. just look for it
>>
>>42201128
If you could do it all over again would you have ever taken up boxing?
>>
>>42201128
What will happen if my memory is already shit?
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.