[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you guys stay motivated? I've been slightly over

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

How do you guys stay motivated?
I've been slightly over weight for as long as I can remember, but whenever I try to lose weight or get stronger, I just lose interest after a month or so.

How do you do it, /fit/?
>>
>>42198198
Develop discipline.
Motivation is always temporary, like you've experienced.

Motivation for me happens a few times a year, but the discipline keeps me going. At times I'll break my diet for a day, maybe a week at most, and then the disciplined thoughts come back to haunt me. "There are X calories in that you fat fuck" and so on. I'm not perfect and my discipline isn't impenetrable, but it does exist.
>>
>>42198198
Im dont lack discipline and i enjoy getting stronger and changing my body, if you lack discipline and dont even enjoy lifting that isnt a hobby for you
>>
>>42198198
find something you enjoy doing. If whatever activity is not "fun" for you, then it's not sustainable, because the most important thing is consistency, and you can't be consistent with something you don't enjoy.
>>
>>42198198
Every male in my family became a fat fuck after high school. They tell me to enjoy my fitness while it lasts because my metabolisms totally going to slow down and make me fat.

I'm dedicated to spiteing them for as long as I can.
>>
Go for 3 months and try your hardest each time doing a variety of things until it becomes part of your daily routine and you find stuff you like doing, and if you go hard you'll get addicted to the endorphine rush, and then you won't need motivation to go, it'll just be natural and enjoyable for you.
>>
>>42198198
Every time I think about quitting or cheating, I remember why I started.
>>
>>42198234
I'll admit this is one of my motives.
>>
OP here, thanks for the replies.
I think you're right about discipline, I need to start being harder on myself in a lot of different ways, fitness included.
>>
>>42198198
Because my ego demands i be more attractive than everyone i interact with
>>
File: 5038417109_4a9a95aa47_o.jpg (178KB, 450x675px) Image search: [Google]
5038417109_4a9a95aa47_o.jpg
178KB, 450x675px
Self hatred, proving my ex wrong and to reclaim my masculinity
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.