[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Yo dawgs, I just bought a foam roller, did I just join the next

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: chest-frontdelts.jpg (33KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
chest-frontdelts.jpg
33KB, 600x450px
Yo dawgs,

I just bought a foam roller, did I just join the next gay fitness fad or do they actually work?

I guess I'll just stick it in my bum if it doesn't work gud
>>
You will hear millions of pops the first time you roll your back on it, and never experience that many again.
>>
File: 1500325431901.jpg (84KB, 655x641px) Image search: [Google]
1500325431901.jpg
84KB, 655x641px
I bought one when I was in high school cause my soccer club bought a bunch and sold them for next to nothing. I used them after I did anything physical but they seemed to make my muscles ache more. Is this what they're supposed to do or was I doing something wrong?
>>
bumping for intrest. Ever since I started doing deadlifts the back of my legs is always tight, I do stretch two times a day but every time it's like I haven't done it in months. Would foam rolling help?
>>
i really just use it for my ass, hips, and hamstrings.

It's more of a set up to make your stretches more fulfilling.

so foam roll thoroughly before you stretch your hips, hamstrings, calves, etc.

Don't foam roll your lower back, maybe a little bit of your upper back if you want.

smaller muscles like in OP's pic i prefer to press myself up against a lacrosse ball on the wall and roll around on that. Does a much better job.
>>
>>42192377
its helping me fix my shoulder pain. had some tight muscles from sitting at a desk for the last 12 years. Laying on that badboy and stretching my arm behind my head to the middle of my back is really helping.

Leaning into it until you feel mild pain and just staying there for about 15-45 seconds.

It really felt like the tightness was in my tricep and causing the shoulder to stay rotated in. I had never heard of that before but i swear thats what it felt like.

anyway thats my blog post. please like and subscribe
>>
It worked wonders in my back. Got rid of some shit I had (thought the lifting and stretching helped too of course).
I love massages, so I do the whole body or whatever I want just because it feels nice, but before the gym I roll the quads, hams, calves, and upper back for a bit.
It helps a ton as a sort of stretch but without the loss of strength from static stretching.
If I don't foam roll I sometimes hear one of my knees crack which is a bit scary since I injured one before I knew about rolling and stretching and so on. If I don't roll the back, during squats and ohp sometimes one of the upper back muscles gets this tender/light pulled feeling, maybe the delt, or trap, or whatever, and since I also snapped the middle-upper trap once, it also healed it and prevents me from fucking it up cold again.

Again, even if it does nothing, it feels nice and they are like 20 bucks for cheap ones up to 60 bucks for more complicated ones.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.