[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How viable is Jeet Kune Do as a form of protection? Im not trying

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

How viable is Jeet Kune Do as a form of protection? Im not trying to kill anyone but I want to know I'm safe walking around in a not so safe area or protect someone I care about
>>
>>42186487
Jeet Kune Do is an excellent system for defense,unfortunately, you are too stupid to lean it. Fuck off Faggot
>>
>>42186487
looks cool for movies but you're not bruce lee so you're not gunna kick any ones ass when 90% of fights end up on the ground and you're busy trying to be water.
>>
File: bruceree.jpg (6KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
bruceree.jpg
6KB, 480x360px
>>42186527
>busy trying to be water
>>
>>42186527
>you're not bruce lee
Neither was Bruce Lee, but people bought it.
>>
Get a gun and learn gun-fu. If you were carrying a pistol with you and could handle it like a real world John Wick, you'd be in a better situation than a 100 people who know Jeet Kune Do.
>>
>>42186487
>walking around in a not so safe
Buy a gun. Niggers/shitskins always hunt in packs so you stand no chance without one.
>>
>>42186487
If she military doesn't use it, neither should you.
"The three basic options upon encountering a resistant opponent taught are:

Option One, disengage to regain projectile weapon range
Option Two, gain a controlling position and utilize a secondary weapon
Option Three, close the distance and gain control to finish the fight."

This, plus knowing that combatives is heavily based on BJJ/grappling, with other arts added after a good grappling framework.
>>
>>42186527
>90% of fights end up on the ground
Yes.
After you lay someone's ass out on the ground THEN the fight is over.
Unless you mean 90% of all fights between untrained people just end up with people rolling around on the earth? Okay, but if one of them knows a striking art like say...boxing and knows how to keep their feet then shit is over.
>>42186575
Thing that makes john wick a beast isn't how he uses a gun. It's how he beats the shit out of people with his bare hands and said gun.
>>
File: 1499655945547.jpg (173KB, 640x729px) Image search: [Google]
1499655945547.jpg
173KB, 640x729px
>>42186487
bruce lee strikes me as a kimbo slice type character
>>
>>42186787
So, dead?
>>
>>42186821
is he dead too? no i mean they beat the shit out of street thugs but get embarrassed by actual (semi)professional fighters
>>
>>42186487
Western Boxing
BJJ
Get a gun

Learn all three
>>
I suppose I should get a gun but it sucks you would even need one, I don't want to kill anybody. The art of a chivalrous fist fight between men seems dead.
>>
>>42186742
t. I watched some action films I know what I'm talking about.
>>
>>42187123
Literally this entire thread and every thread like it. Fucking LARPing retards who likely don't touch another human being more than once a month, much less fight one.
>>
>>42187335
I mean I don't look for fights.. I've been in a few but I don't actively look for them, anyone who does is possibly retarded
>>
>>42186487
Honestly, just start with muay thai. You would think that a grappling art would be better, but than you realise that in a street you almost never fight guys your size, so grappling isn't gonna be that beneficial. Honestly, your best bet is to not get into street fights in the first place and/or arm yourself. Remember, gun isn't the penultimate answer to everything, see 21 feet rule. Knives, telescopic batons and shit like that is important. Also, keep in mind, usually people aren't trying to kill you, it may just be some street kid(s) making trouble, in which case landing a good old right hook or uppercut into the jaw of one of those motherfuckers will put one of them to sleep and make them realise that they don't really want to fight you. If its a guy who wants to rob you and has a knife or a gun, just give him your money/phone/whatever, you don't want to die. If its some guy who is determined to kill you with a knife, bjj and having a knife or something like pepperspray/telescopic baton/whatever of your known and knowing how to use it may save you. If its multiple experienced guys determined to fuck you up well, gg. For home defense, use gun.
So yeah, don't go looking for trouble.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.