[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>see newer guy in gym, skinny teenager >does some wobbly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: jacked_guy_probz.jpg (32KB, 500x373px) Image search: [Google]
jacked_guy_probz.jpg
32KB, 500x373px
>see newer guy in gym, skinny teenager
>does some wobbly squats with the bar
>proceeds to load 90lbs more on the bar after 3 reps with the bar
>goes down
>stops before he even gets to 90 degrees let alone full depth
>literally pushes with the tips of his toes on the ascend, his heels lift off the floor
>he's wobbling left and right
>somehow does this 2 more times
>his friend congratulates him on doing "that much weight!"

So my question is, is it okay to approach people like this and correct their errors? Or is it frowned upon? Would I be "that douche who bugs everyone"? I can't even imagine this kid doing deadlifts
>>
You absolutely should. That's fucking dangerous.
>>
as with any social interaction, you test the waters.
if the kid's a cunt, fuck him. let him drop a bar right on himself or snap his shit up, he if's responsive to advice in a positive way, tell him what he is doing is dangerous and he must go slow with increasing the weight to see true results.
>>
>>42177626
Honestly I don't say anything to people. When I see stupid shit, I wait til I catch their eye like they're trying to impress me, then I look away while shaking my head and roll my eyes.
My goal is to shame people into working out better because people get offended too easy and I don't have time to deal with that shit.
>inb4 sperg
I'm 6'3 220 and lean af so people are always looking at me anyways.
>>
File: 1492910874031.jpg (19KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1492910874031.jpg
19KB, 225x225px
>>42178081
Jokes on you Chad I never make eye contact with anyone
>>
>>42178081
sperg
>>
>>42178120
>>>r/Fitness>>> is that way
>>
>>42178081
>feels the need to mention his supposed height and weight
Go elsewhere you insecure faggot
>>
Depends on how /fit/ you are
Some fat fuckwad who only does oly lifts and literally jumps off the ground during his 65 lb squats started waving his arms around one day to get my attention when I was squatting and told me to "try to keep the weight between the webbing of your 2nd and 3rd toe" and I just shook my head and put my headphones back in (squat form is fine btw). Just don't be autistic about it.
>>
>>42178081
>so insecure that you need to finish a post by saying your stats
>>
>>42178081
You sound like a douche mate
>>
>>42177626
Don't say anything. You're helping no one, they won't take your advice no matter who you are. They are there to train themselves and they'll figure it out.
>>
File: lol.jpg (11KB, 320x212px) Image search: [Google]
lol.jpg
11KB, 320x212px
>>42177626
don't get in the way of natural selection
>>
>>42177626
>>42177859
>as with any social interaction, you test the waters.
This

Reverse perspective: I'm doing bent over rows with bad form.
Just after the first warmup set, guy next to me asks if he can record me because my form is wrong. I say sure, he gives some good points and later points out errors in my overhead press form as well.
Overall good stuff. He only helped because I encouraged him and told him I value his input.

If you approach someone and they're hesitant and just seem like they're waiting for you to shut up and go, then you just shut up and leave them to it. Also they might just be shy, but oh well.
>>
>>42177626
start of with a "be careful you dont hurt yourself" and if he pays attention continue on if he makes a face then let him get hurt
>>
>>42177626
If you approach him and correct him chances are he's gonna stop going to the gym all together
>>
>>42177626
I dunno. If you want you can try to give advice. You won't get anything from it though. So may as well not bother. That's what I decided
>>
>>42178081
>i-i'm not a manlet i get to be a nigger in the gym
>>
>>42177626
come from behind, gently bump into his rear and ask if you can spot him, then give pointers
>>
>>42177626
If it's bad form on an exercise they can really hurt themselves doing (squats, deadlifts, etc.) tell them how to do proper form. If they're just doing cheat curls or something then just let them be.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.