[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/scoliosis/ Who here lifting with it? Talk about about it affects

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: serveimage.jpg (58KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
58KB, 1200x630px
/scoliosis/

Who here lifting with it? Talk about about it affects you, if you've had the surgery or not, what exercises help, feels etc.

35 thoracic curve and 15 lumbar

Lumbar doesn't bother me at all but the thoracic curve drives me insane about once a week.

The curve sits right between my shoulder blades and messes with my right shoulder causing it to roll forward and pull muscles. One doc said surgery was an option but its hard to tell if I'll be able to do a lot of activities after.
>>
<5% curve here. It really shouldn't be a problem at all but it's also a rotational curve so it makes the left side of my rib cage jut out and two-armed lifts just feel slightly awkward with it. I haven't even tried deadlifts or anything hard on the spine due to fears it will make it worse. Any tips for sleeping on my side comfortably? When I try to fall asleep on my left side, my lower right ribs will start to get very uncomfortable, and vice versa. Wakes me up multiple times a night and hurts my sleep quality a lot.
>>
I had the surgery a year ago this month and im fine with all activities and its never bothered me at all
>>
>>42176950
Hey I have some pretty decent rib jut, the solution I found was buying an extra pillow I could put under my side, I just have plain a body pillow I got from Walmart so I can toss and turn in my sleep and my sides are still comfy. I also recommend side planks cause it tenses your core and keeps the jut down.
>>
>>42177055
Really? You recall how severe you curves were? That's really promising to hear, so no limitations flexibility wise that impact stuff like running around and sports outside of the gym?
>>
>>42177088
Where do you place the pillow?
>>
>>42177132
I have it lined up on the apex of where my rib buldges, so for me its on my right side just below my shoulder, so I just have it there for if I sleep on my right side
>>
File: sub zero.jpg (144KB, 636x358px) Image search: [Google]
sub zero.jpg
144KB, 636x358px
>>42177179
Ah okay thanks man, I'll try this tonight and report back if the thread's still alive.
>>
>>42177208
For sure, I'll probably make another if this 404s, I really wanna get info on how surgery has affected peoples lifting, plus its always nice to talk to people with similar issues and help out
>>
>>42177055
Where'd you have it done?
>>
>>42176878
I have more lordosis than Scoliosis, but the scoliosis caused an imbalance in my back muscles. As long as I dont squat or deadlift too often, Im fine. Plus it has kinda helped to straighten my shit up
>>
I think I have a slight twist in my lower back down there which in addition to my flared ribs makes it hard to activate pecs/lower back to tighten up for deadlifting/squatting which has caused some minor injuries. Been spamming core and lower back accessories to try and make up for the difference.
>>
>>42176878
I was diagnosed last year by the guy who works at the gym

>learning to squat
>"Be careful, the bar isn't straight"
>"Oh that's just my lopsided shoulders lol :3"
>"Anon you have scoliosis. Did you not know?"

I used to figure skate a lot several years back. It caused problems with spins, spirals (fancy nomenclature for skating on one leg) and stuff. I didn't think it was anything significant but there you go.

I've never experienced any pain and squat/deadlift without issue, albeit with a slightly adjusted grip on the former to account for the slightly different moment forces. OHP can be a bit difficult because obviously there's a slightly longer ROM on one side, but that's only noticeable if I'm struggling with the last rep or a PR.
>>
can scoliosis just pop up in folks over 25?
>>
>>42177726
Possibly, could have been undetected until recently
>>
>>42177096
moderate thoracic curvature, mild lumbar.i can't really bend alot to my right and i cant extend my trunk past about vertical, and footstrikes when running cause alot of pain
>>42177229
japan
>>
File: 1500234391857.jpg (27KB, 446x437px) Image search: [Google]
1500234391857.jpg
27KB, 446x437px
I had rods screwed to my and some vertebrae fused due to scoliosis. I'm scared shitless to do anything and that a future surgery will break me financially.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.