[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been drinking a 16oz can of monster every day since

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

I've been drinking a 16oz can of monster every day since the beginning of the year and I think it's becoming a problem. This past monday I tried going without one, and I was super fucking tired and had a headache, and as soon as I drank one it went away. Anyone else have a problem?
>>
i switched to caffeine pills, $2 for 90 pills and saved literally hundreds
>>
Caffeine addiction. You'll know the feeling when you become an adult
>>
File: describe death.gif (781KB, 500x209px) Image search: [Google]
describe death.gif
781KB, 500x209px
>>42167129
Only one? I need at least three a day if I don't drink coffee, I can only get by on one can if I have a constant supply of coffee throughout the day. Coffee alone isn't good enough.
>>
>>42167129
Worked my way up to 8-10 a day and then quit and I was sick for two weeks
>>
If you are unironically using units like oz (wtf??) you have bigger problems than caffeine addiction.
Btw have been drinking half a CUBIC DECIMETRE of energy drink per day for the past three years. No problems so far
>>
>>42167129
>>42167142
>>42167145
>>42167149
>>42167153

What the fuck guys. I got scared when I started drinking 3 cups of coffee a day. You're gonna die at 30 if those habits are prolonged at all
>>
>>42167153
That's a little bit intense
>>
>>42167182
Yeah, but I stopped and all is well now and didn't use caffeine for quite some time

Just started a cut a week ago, so I've been drinking about 200mg caffein worth before dinner
>>
File: 1500174734379.jpg (115KB, 1100x619px) Image search: [Google]
1500174734379.jpg
115KB, 1100x619px
>>42167164
I'm not worried. It sucks that I need to drink so much but at least I don't have an alcoholic drinking problem. There are no physical side-effects like flushing or heart palpitations or anything like that, my blood pressure is normal, etc.

I got into the habit by working in retail pulling clopens three times a week and just never stopped after getting a job where I'm a human being and not cattle. It's not like I'll die if I withdraw, it just sucks shit and I'd like to avoid it, and I'm not dying by staying on the devil juice either.
>>
>>42167198
How did you quit? Cold turkey, or by slowing pulling yourself off?
>>
>be student
>strive for 4.0 every quarter, drink lots of caffeine
>Eventually get to the point that I needed to slam two 250mg rockstars back to back to make the caffeine headache in the morning go away, then have a large black coffee in the afternoon and tea in the evening to stave off the headaches
>Develop heart palpitations, headaches and crippling anxiety from caffeine abuse
>slowly ween myself down to just a cup of black coffee when I wake up and MAYBE some tea in the afternoon if I'm tired

Kinda sucks tbqh, I was constantly EXHAUSTED and had headaches while trying to cut back. I can't even imagine dropping my last bit of coffee per day, but it's fucked with my sleep and peace of mind for so long, i wonder if I have to.
>>
>>42167263
>crippling anxiety from caffeine abuse
I thought this was my problem anon with the three cans a day

Then I stopped drinking liquor so heavily on the weekend while maintaining the monster habit and the anxiety went away. I would basically get blitzed Thurs/Friday/Sat nights usually.

Do you do anything else besides caffeine?
>>
>>42167220
Cold turkey
>>
>>42167290

Yeah, I drank a lot according to my doctor. About 3-4 drinks a night, every night, for about 3 years.

Usually like half a bottle of wine, or 3-4 beers, or a couple rums. She said I needed to cut back. I have, I drink maybe 1-2 drinks 3-4x a week now, instead of at least 3 every night.

I also remember my anxiety showed up a few weeks after I rolled MDMA for the first (and last) time.
>>
File: 72 vintages.jpg (80KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
72 vintages.jpg
80KB, 640x426px
>>42167346
If you drink every night you're constantly rebounding from the effects of alcohol, which generally fixes anxiety. So the rebound effect is increased apparent anxiety.

I still drink a bit but whenever I go hard and get anxiety the next couple days I know what's up whereas before I didn't know why and it was utterly terrifying, which made it worse.
>>
>>42167369

That makes sense. I hadn't considered my drinking as a factor in my anxiety. But I have noticed my anxiety has gotten better in general since I started drinking less, sleeping more and consuming less caffeine.
>>
File: IMG_0885.jpg (33KB, 216x320px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0885.jpg
33KB, 216x320px
Would it benefit me if I started drinking one of these before every workout
>>
Going cold turkey after being dependent on caffeine is known to cause flu-like symptoms and headaches similar to migraines. Been there, done that, try to slowly wean off it would be my advice.
>>
>>42167129
>fell for the /sip/ meme
Never gonna make it
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.