[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guys I have an appropriate routine (SS) I'm going to follow

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

Guys I have an appropriate routine (SS) I'm going to follow as a beginner but need a link or someone to recommend what weights to start at for: Back Squat, Overhead Barbell press, Barbell deadlift.
I'm 5'8 (inb4 manlet jokes), 73kg (sorry burgers), 18 yo male, I live a mostly sedentary litestyle, mostly basic walking to and around campus. If this is in the sticky just tell me so and sage because I could'nt see it

pic unrelated
>>
How would we know? It's different for everyone.
>>
>>42160107
I mean rough estimates to start at and tinker with,
I don't want to get to the gym for my first session and have literally no idea what weight to use for my stats
>>
>>42160093
Unfortunately we dont know if thats 73kg at 35% bf or 10% bf. Theres no way for anybody to know unless you go in and try. If you're terrified, use JUST THE BAR. If you don't care about life and want to get into gainz immediately, go with 35kg bench, 45kg squat, and 1pl8 deadlift. These are still extremely light and at your body weight should be no problem. BUT its recommended that you assess tolerance with just the bar.
>>
>>42160282
My mate whos two years in gave me some solid advice,
He said just do Bar for OHP/Squat/bench and start at 20kg for DL just to see then add weight progressively over sessions
also 3x 8 reps
I think it's good advice
I'll start with just the bar, also its not 35% bf or 10% bf, I look stocky but not like fat or anything
my doctor even says my weight is pretty health and hes not a burger doctor that just lies and makes your fee fees feel good
>>
>>42160093
>I'm 5'8
Just lay down and rot my dude. It's over
>>
>>42160349
THERES. STILL. HOPE
My dad is 6'3 and grew till 21, he was 5'11 at my age (18)
I don't expect to end up at the full 6'3 cuz he fucked a 5'1 chick to make me but theres still hope
>>
>>42160354
If you are 18, get on growth hormones ASAP. Holy shit I wish a stranger on an anonymous message board could have given me this advice when I was 18.
>>
>>42160093
Start light as fuck and focus on form first of all. Like just the bar on OHP, 1 pl8 diddly and 0,5 pl8 on everything else. You'll get up there don't worry but this way you can get a understanding of the movements without the extra difficulty of higher weight. Please don't ego lift, you'll build bad habits that will fuck you later on and it's so easy to prevent.
>>
READ THE FUCKING BOOK
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.