[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /fit/ Fatty here trying to reverse my years and years

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: liver.jpg (40KB, 700x436px) Image search: [Google]
liver.jpg
40KB, 700x436px
Hello /fit/

Fatty here trying to reverse my years and years of pumping poison into my body and hope to live past 70 at the very least...

I ended up in the hospital around 2 months ago from some severe abdominal pains after eating some chocolate and drinking coke. Ever since then a plethora of health concerns have been raised, such as severely elevated liver enzymes, higher amount of hemoglobin, etc.

Ever since then my diet has changed dramatically and I've already lost 20 pounds as a result of eating really clean. I have yet to hit the gym cause and planning on going in the morning for the first time in 2 years.

However, my doctor recently diagnosed me with Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease and I was wondering if anyone else here is suffering from it and what kind of diet and supplements you take to deal with it in hopes to repair your liver.

Any advice from a recovering fat fuck trying to be a healthy normal human being?
>>
>>42158203
Stick with it.
>>
>>42158203
Look into NAC and Milk thistle. Do not drink alcohol with these. Do not take either for the whole day if alcohol is going to be consumed neither before nor after. Best of luck anon.
>>
>>42158293
Should mention if you have psychological conditions, NAC may help as a bonus but if you're already taking some sort of mental health med, then I would talk with your doc or research it more yourself for contraindications.
>>
>>42158203
>my doctor recently diagnosed me with Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease and I was wondering if anyone else here is suffering from it and what kind of diet and supplements you take to deal with it in hopes to repair your liver.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBnniua6-oM

Keto may be a meme, but with something like fatty liver disease, it will probably help you to reverse your condition.
>>
>>42158203
dont give up. we're all going to make it
>>
I'm an fatty ex smoker. I have been eating mostly meat and trying to hover around 1000 - 1500 calories a day. I've lost about 3 inches off my gut in two and a half weeks by just doing light cardio every day.

Keep at it, just go crazy.
>>
>>42158203
Livers can take a pounding but when they're done, they're done.
RIP, OP.
>>
>>42158252
OP here, hell no. I'm not trying to die, I'm trying to gain aesthetic at the same time.

>>42158293
I've been having milk thistle for the past 2 weeks now. I just had another blood panel happen yesterday and waiting for my results this week. But this is the first blood work ever since we found out ALT(~800)/AST(~190) levels. I also don't drink, if at all really. I prefer not to. Is NAC N-acetyl Cysteine?

>>42158315
Going to look into Keto, thank you!

>>42158351
Thank you, I sure hope I do...

>>42158357
I haven't had red meats in 2 months, been living off mainly fish and greens. Recently cut off rice completely.
>>
>>42158380
all this means is that OP has the same liver as any fat inner city child that drinks a gallon of grape drank a day. it's reversible but will take work and time.
>>
>>42158383
Yea, just cut out carbs and sugar, your body will consume the fat instead for energy.
>>
>>42158383
Yes. N-Acetyl Cysteine.
>>
>>42158383
Here's another amazing (and shorter) video from Dr. Lustig

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmC4Rm5cpOI
>>
>>42158293
>>42158296
What is NAC?
>>
>>42158293

Why can't you take Milk Thistle while drinking other than just wasting it?
>>
>>42158203

Was diagnosed with NAFLD over a year ago. Doctor prescribed something called WelChol. It blocks fat uptake by sequestering bile acid. Two months ago, liver enzymes back to normal. Almost all fatty liver infiltration is gone, and minimal scarring in my liver. Doctor gave me a clean bill of health.

It's super fucking expensive even with insurance in the US, but way better than I could have hoped for. The side effects were super shitty for two weeks as my body adjusted.

Best start now than later to minimize risk of permanent liver damage. The liver can regenerate to a point, but scarred tissue can never function again.
>>
>>42158577
Read the follow up. N Acetyl Cysteine
>>42158604
It affects liver enzymes and it's dangerous because it "opens" your liver to more damage from alcohol.
If you insist on drinking while still taking these, wait at least 2-3 hours to start drinking after you've taken the supps. NAC can also assist with hangovers but it's best to stay safe and totally avoid risk.
>>
>>42158383
>Recently cut off rice completely.
Good now cut off all carbs completely
>>
>>42158789
Rice was essentially the only carbohydrates I was eating.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.