[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I failed my first bench press only 16 training days into SL 5x5.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_1106.jpg (30KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1106.jpg
30KB, 400x400px
I failed my first bench press only 16 training days into SL 5x5. Started at 85 lbs and now 125. Did I start too heavy? Should I just continue or something else?
>>
>>42157589
Your form is shit, or you aren't eating and sleeping enough. More than likely all three.

Don't bump this retarded shit when you're begging for help that's in the god damned sticky. Sage.
>>
>>42157693
Why so hostile Jesus.
>>
>>42157693
>nu/fit/
>>
>>42157589
10% deload and retry. You will have to increase bench volume and/or frequency after your second stall.
>>
>>42157843
Thank you for helping.
>>
File: IMG_0201.jpg (38KB, 514x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0201.jpg
38KB, 514x600px
>>42157843
This
>>42157589
Also good progress bro
>>
>>42157589
your supposed to start at empty bar for a fucking reason you dumb fuck. FOLLOW THE FUCKING PROGRAM.
>>
>>42157980
Starting on empty bar is retarded

Realistically you should have done SS because you don't need 5x5 yet
>>
You should check your form. When I first started lifting I benched with the bar way up by my neck. It should be closer to your gut (but not all the way). You should also be retracting your scapula.

>>42157693
Faggot. One of the few posts not about tinder, /r9k/ issues, or written by someone who hasn't even started lifting. OP actually chose a program and made some progress. It's a worthwhile post.
>>
>>42159100
I think my form is pretty good, I've spent a lot of time practicing and watching youtube videos
>>
>>42159125
If the PT at your gym are not retarded let them check that. Sometimes you do shit you don't even notice because you are to busy getting that weight off your chest.

Eating more (brotein if you weigh enough) will also help.

And good job on the progress op!
>>
File: fit learns to stretch.png (46KB, 522x210px) Image search: [Google]
fit learns to stretch.png
46KB, 522x210px
>>42157589
failure is just part of what happens. i don't even remember the number of times i've failed on that same plan. just follow the steps. rest 5 min after failure, and try again.
i just failed my bench earlier this week at 135. i tried again today and i got it. just keep at it and follow the program.

if you don't have the app, i'd recommend getting it. it makes tracking that stuff easier, plus it tells you what to do
>>
The first time I stepped into a gym I benched 70kg for reps. Now, Yesterday, I could barely put up 67.5.

I've been training with progressively heavier weights in other exercises for about a year and making sure to use proper form (much better than when I started), but the bench has taken a nosedive and won't go back up.

The only thing I can think to attribute it to is that I used to for a short while use the smith for benching "heavy" because I couldn't find anyone else to spot and didn't want to risk dropping the weight on top of me. I've been spending time db chest pressing to try to work out the kinks and imbalances, but to no avail.
>>
>>42157589
125 5x5 is pretty good. A lot of skinny dudes struggle to hit 1pl8 for a 1rm. Just deload and keep lifting.
>>
>>42159218
>the first time I stepped into a gym I did 2 reps of smith machine quarter bench with a spotter rowing the bar, ass off the bench and an extreme arch

Pick one, maybe two reasons.
>>
>>42159218
Bench without the collars on the bar so you can dump the weight to the side. I would rather run the risk of dropping a weighted barbell on my chest than bench in a smith machine.

As you are probably now understanding, smith machine/chest press machine =/= bench press strength.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.