[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GOD FUCKING DAMMIT I DONT UNDERSTAND. WHENEVER A BEGINEER ASKS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 8

File: 1492280392164.jpg (131KB, 459x448px) Image search: [Google]
1492280392164.jpg
131KB, 459x448px
GOD FUCKING DAMMIT I DONT UNDERSTAND. WHENEVER A BEGINEER ASKS FOR ADVICE EVERYONE TELLS HIM TO DO FUCKING GLORIOUS SS. ALWAYS FUCKING SS. EVERY TIME FUCKING SS.

OK, THATS FINE. THEN, I CAN SEE THAT IN 90% OF EVERY SINGLE THREAD EVERY SINGLE GODFORSAKEN DAY, EVERYONE IS PISSING, SHITTING, VOMITIG, JACKING OFF, AND GIVING BIRTH TO HALF HORSES-HALF HUMANS OVER SS.

WHAT THE VIGILANT FUCK IS WRONG WITH THIS BOARD. WHAT THE FUCK ARE WE SUPOSED TO DO.

I DONT UNDERSTAND RREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
SS is a meme pushed by literal faggots to create men into having large ass/thighs.
>>
>>42155495
It's just hazing. Give them a shit program then laugh when they come back misproportioned and snapped up.
>>
>>42155495
>WHAT THE FUCK ARE WE SUPOSED TO DO
SS + GOMAD obviously
>>
>>42155495
Lmfao 10/10 post
>>
Brosplits are unironically the key
>>
>>42155495
so you recommend SL?
>>
>>42155495
You're new here and don't actually go into many threads because SS/SL is often trashed in favour of PPL or even Greyskull.

Calm down you fucking /r9k/ autist.
>>
Understand the difference between strength and bodybuilding.

Honestly the first question asked should be
>What are your fitness goals?

And then go from there
>>
>>42155511
>implying the male population having thicc juicy thighs and ass is a bad thing
>>
>>42155520
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEV
>>
>>42155527
In all seriousness if you do SL add in accessories immediately.

Dips/curls and 2 separate ab workouts. Cable crunches are a good option for 1 of them.
>>
>>42155528
When I was actually new, I made many threads asking for advice. Always got SS for an answer.

Whenever anyone asks for begineer advice, they get SS. I always see the same shit every day.

But in many other threads, everyone is pissing on SS. And they also piss on PPL, Greyskull, and many other programs, routines, or shit you can think off
>>
>>42155534
>hurr durr strong foundation isn't important in bodybuilding
fucking retard

If you want to grow as big as possible in as little time as possible you literally get to around 1/2/3/4 before you even think about hypertrophy. That doesn't take long with a good strength routine - SS being one of them - which is the reason most of /fit/ recommends them. Nobody just ever does them, and if they do they do it half-ass
>>
If you lift for apperance you are wasting your time like nothing else. Women don't give a flying fuck about how you look. In fact, if you're prettier than a girl you're trying to get with, she's gonna be turned off. What matters is money, status and charisma.

The only acceptable reason to lift is to compete in sports.
>>
>>42155495
do you want to be a bro? do bro split.
do you want to be a gymcel? do SS
>>
>>42156425
This is one of the dumbest things I've read of course there are women who will suck an uncharasmatic broke bro just for looking good unless the dude is hanging out with lawyer and doctor bitches all day
>>
>>42156553

*teenage girls
>>
File: 1500031717687.jpg (263KB, 1044x1416px) Image search: [Google]
1500031717687.jpg
263KB, 1044x1416px
>>42155495
>GLORIOUS SS
>>
>>42155495
SS and do arms assistance
>>
>>42156571
Nobody is interested in old women desu
>>
>>42156571
>he doesn't want to fuck 18-23 year olds

Have fun with your gold digging biological clock driven mess of a woman.
>>
>>42156613
>>42156607

I'm 24. The days of hooking up with teenagers are gone.
>>
File: IMG_0156.jpg (55KB, 600x732px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0156.jpg
55KB, 600x732px
>>42156590
That dude has straight up boobs
>>
>>42156626
For you
>>
>>42155495

PPL is and will forever be the best routine for nattys, assuming you workout five days a week. Every six or so months you mix your program up by focusing one or two different muscle groups. You can start by doing PPLPP (which sacrifices legs in favor of upper body strength), and then adjust it down the line so that you can compensate your lack of leg training by doing it two times a week. There is simply no better regime for naturals. SS, SL and GOMAD are a huge meme, as is the weird fetish this board seems to have for deadlifts and squats. I take most people here lift for aesthetics (despite not being honest about it), and these two exercises don't really isolate anything and are VERY easy for a beginner to screw up.
>>
>>42155495
just go on bodybuilding . com and pick a cut or a mass plan its not fucking hard. make sure you are doing plenty of volume
>>
I went straight to PPL and never looked back. Great split.
>>
>>42155568

Am I not supposed to be doing SS?
That's what I've been doing this past month.
SS better not be the fucking recommendation of /fit/ equivalent to Final Fantasy XIII in /v/. Still mad at that for that shit.
>>
>>42156700
>>42156672

Been thinking bout trying it for a while. Have been doing a routine I made upfor 2 or 3 weeks now, exercizing 3 days a week.
>>
File: 1499612766316 (3).jpg (106KB, 624x767px) Image search: [Google]
1499612766316 (3).jpg
106KB, 624x767px
>>42156723
Peaple liek you is why I made this thread. this board has a fetish for SS, but also likes to rub its hairy unwashed boogie like ballsack on SS´s face. I simply do not fucking understand
>>
File: med_1474003319_image.jpg (29KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
med_1474003319_image.jpg
29KB, 640x480px
honestly when i was starting out and really weak, i did SS for a summer and it took my lifts to respectable levels.
I would recommend adding in one extra lift in there per day, barbell curls or lateral raises
>>
File: centaur mode.jpg (146KB, 897x807px) Image search: [Google]
centaur mode.jpg
146KB, 897x807px
>>42155495
>HALF HORSES-HALF HUMANS
C E N T A U R
E
N
T
A
U
R
>>
>>42155495
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>he chose SS over legitimate 5x5s

Shiggidty doo, poo in the loo.
>>
Where can I read a good guide on PPL?

I did SS back in the day and was happy with my results. Want to get back into lifting but it's non-ideal at this point.
>>
>>42156842
literally "ppl routine" in google
>>
>>42156723
I fell for the SS my first time around. Eventually you ask yourself: Why am I squatting 3 times a week?
>>
>>42157019
I like squatting 3 times a week
>>
>>42157028
Good for you. It didn't align with my goals so I stopped doing it.
>>
>>42155495

What a beginner should actually do:

1. Google every single question that you can possibly have about fitness because it's all been said a million times before.

2. Form critical conclusions based on findings.

3. Form a plan on how to achieve your fitness goals based on your conclusions.

4. Carry out your plan to reach your fitness goals.

What a beginner actually does:

1. Herpa derpa /fit/ I'm a fat weakling that doesn't know what to do, but I want to look like Brad Pitt wat do?

Just tell them Starting Strength and if they actually do it right they'll be in a better position to actually get stronger/aesthetic later on.
>>
>>42155495
get off the board and go lift some weights anon.
>>
>>42156723
>>42155495
>>42157019
Am I the only one who defends SS around here?

Retards, do you know what SS stands for? Starting Strength.
STARTING. STRENGTH.

For no reason should a beginner stay on SS for more time than it takes for them to become strong enough for a new routine, and comfortable enough with the basic lifts that they wont fuck up their form when moving forward towards their ACTUAL GOALS.

I did SS for... 2, MAYBE 3 months when I started. It was great, I built a solid foundation and got my form down tight.
Then I moved to a bro split of my own design, and it made me look real good, but my strength didn't progress. I realized that I cared about strength, and that I hadn't hit 1/2/3/4 yet, so I switched to SL 5x5. I will be doing it until I'm as strong as I want to be, which is probably just a little past 1/2/3/4 - and then I'll move back to a more aesthetic routine.

I also add in accessories to SL that I know will help along the way, so long as I have energy to do it all, and I do.
>>
>>42157180
Yeah I did SS for 3 months I guess its good to build a foundation. Kind of felt weird that I had a huge ass and somewhat weak chest though.
>>
>>42157196
>Weak chest
That's your fault imo. Either genetics or not going hard enough.

The T-rex thing never happened to me. My legs did get thicc, and my ass got good too... But all the girls I been with are all about dat ass anyway, so it's just more benefit.

I'm not sure how some silly shit like what happend in this pic >>42156730 is even possible unless you do like a year straight of SS. Even then, I've been doing SL for a long while and I'm still not wack proportions like that. If I had to guess, I'd say his form was bad or something, and he never corrected it, which caused a massive muscle imbalance to develop that he never addressed.

To be fair my chest gains have always been ezpz for me. I hit 2 plate like a month after I started SL after having it as a goal for at least a year or more. I easily kept pushing past that almost up to 2.5 plate.
>>
Recommending SS is a meme.
Shitting on SS is a meme.
Everything on this board is a meme. Get used to it.
And don't forget to do SS.
>>
>>42156672
been doing PPL for 8 weeks and have been seeing great gains for a noob
>>
File: image.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
U must take a trip to this pharmacy as well plus SS duh
>>
I've been lifting for a year and a half, and my maxes are 275 for bench, 195 ohp, 315 squat for 2, and 374 for deads.

Problem is is I don't even squat regularily and do not do deads. And my schedule is really fucked up this year so all I've been doing is getting weaker and losing weight.

Would hopping on SS even on a fucked schedule fix me?
>>
>>42155495
What is read the sticky?
>>
>>42156672
Thoughts on back/bis, chest/tris, shoulders/legs x2 per week? I've been doing it for a while and finally seeing good gains, wondering if ppl would be better
>>
>>42155520

Kek
>>
File: 1445722183259 (1).jpg (68KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1445722183259 (1).jpg
68KB, 700x700px
>>42155511
>not doing ss or training legs that often
>still have large ass/thighs
Hold me bros
>>
>>42155549
What days would you add the accessories?
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.