[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Small tips/obvious-ish you used to ignore and think were bullshit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 5

File: red-pill-2.jpg (18KB, 750x420px) Image search: [Google]
red-pill-2.jpg
18KB, 750x420px
Small tips/obvious-ish you used to ignore and think were bullshit but started doing them and realised they worked

>do 3-4 sets of facepulls/band pullaparts every time you work out
>30 mins of low intensity cardio 3 times a week won't kill your gains
>1-1.5g of protein by pound of bodyweight isn't broscience, it's actually backed up by real scientific research
>if you never used chalk you really should, liquid chalk is fine
>for calves do 1 set of 100 reps of standing raises

and an important reminder
>if you're not very confident and don't do well with women right now then getting big and shredded won't necessarily change that
>>
1g per lb isn't needed but 1g per kg is a better estimate of the necessary amount
but eating more isn't going to hurt you
>>
>>42150596
>your calves will never grow bro
>proceeds to never work them out
>>
>>42150678
1g/kg is way too low if you do resistance training. 1.4/kg is the minimum and that's only if you aren't on a cut, if you're on a cut then

https://jissn.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1550-2783-4-8

>>42150710
i've always worked them, but that specific advice of 100 reps on standing calves is something i heard from lee priest and it works surprisingly well
>>
File: sixringers.png (194KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
sixringers.png
194KB, 500x500px
>>42150596

Time over tension.
Less weight, more squeeze.
Exhale / inhale.
Keep your head and chest upright.
Don't worry about what kids 1/2 your age look like.
Not drinking an 8-pack of Guinness the night before is a good idea.

>that's all for now
>>
>>42150730
>>42150678
oops, sent it before i put the link about needing more when on a cut

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28642676
>>
>>42150596
HIIT twice a week does way better than low intensity anything
And if you weigh anything over 160 pounds, anything more than 1 g/lb body weight is essentially pointless unless you're on gear
>>
>>42150776
>HIIT twice a week does way better than low intensity anything

proof?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5093324/
>>
you need MINIMUM .75g / lb body weight to gain mass.

I fell for the meme of protein being overrated and worked hard , improved my CNS and strength but still looked like shit for over 2 years
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.