[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you have a medical diagnosis? How has fitness helped

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 1485417162436.jpg (99KB, 750x600px) Image search: [Google]
1485417162436.jpg
99KB, 750x600px
Do you have a medical diagnosis? How has fitness helped your situation?
>>
Lifting and cardio (boxing) has helped with my depression immensely. It comes and goes but exercise ALWAYS helps
>>
Have reflux, exercise and diet have eliminated the need for medicine.
>>
>>42146169
I'm schizophrenic. It's like having depression, social anxiety, general anxiety, ADD, psychosis and tons of other shit all at once. I can't multitask and when I'm given verbal instructions my mind goes blank.

Exercise helps alleviate my anxiety issues and depression. What cured my depression was hot yoga, actually. I still have bad days, but they're easier to manage, plus I'm on some really potent meds
>>
File: IMG_0070.jpg (70KB, 422x316px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0070.jpg
70KB, 422x316px
>autism diagnosed when I was around 5, just lift weights alone
>>
I've got a scrip for vyvanse and dexedrine. Probably don't need it but I'm in law school and fuck reading 5 hours a day (12 for 3 weeks during finals time) on top of classes and all the extracurricular shit I have to do without it. Seriously, fuck that, I did it and it takes even longer when you're not amped up.

That said, can't wait to not take it anymore. I eat once a day, am worse in social situations, don't get as hard as I used to (might be due to stress), sleep like 5 hours a night average (4 a night last semester) and chew on my tongue like a mother fucker to the point where it is scarred
>>
This thread should be more active.

I'm >>42146287, what I've noticed is most people with schizophrenia don't want you to know they have it. And it's true for just about every mental illness that isn't immediately obvious. People really should feel more comfortable opening up about their health problems.
>>
Some would call it medical but I really don't...i've been addicted to hard drug for 12 years (heroin, cocaine, benzos, and alcohol) and have been clean for over a year. I'd have to say if I didn't start lifting I would have fell off early into recovery.
>>
>>42146287
Is it possible to live a normal life if you get medicated?
>>
>>42146441
its fucking annoying having to explain the intricacies of your own illness though. you have to slog through and correct all the mainstream myths about your illness. and then, to top it all off, because you just spent a half hour lecturing people and possibly boring them with your personal problems, you look like youre some freak whose passionate about schizophrenia. honestly its better to just not talk about it ime.
>>
>>42146459
It's not possible to live a normal life if you're not medicated. For example, I wouldn't be able to keep my job if I didn't take my meds. I would be so stressed out and depressed that I'd start taking sick days until I got fired. I'd start getting more and more paranoid, thinking that people are watching me, start making up explanations for things and believing them, until I have a full mental breakdown.

I hate being dependant on medication to function. I just want to be normal. But I know it's for the best that I keep taking my medications (I'm on an antidepressant and an antipsychotic).
>>
>>42146485
People are typically pretty accepting about it. I just tell people I'm on the schizophrenia spectrum. If the situation calls for it, I'll explain things like I can't always understand if people are being sarcastic, or how I can't multitask
>>
>>42146509
sorry to hear
>>
I have Asthma and a Slightly flattened heart due to Pectis Excavatum.

My excavatum isn't that extreme, but yeah.

I'm sure asthma slows my roll, and I'm unsure about what I can do about it, but I do push my astha.
>>
>>42146201
How do I get into boxing
>>
>>42146169
yeah sometimes my penis gets really hard the doctor says its AIDS because of curling the squat rack
>>
>>42146719
go to a boxing gym
>>
>>42146719
>How do I get into boxing
FITE ME 1V1 M8 I WILL SLAP YOUR SHIT
>>
>>42146169
Diagnosed with dissociation when I was 13. I'm 25 now. First martial arts then lifting, both helped differently but since this is about lifting I'll speak on that.

It brings my consciousness out of third person and back into first. I stop reading a book about my life and go back to being the main character. The ensuing occasional muscle soreness helps too, on a smaller scale
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.