[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm new to lifting, so I started SS but the workouts left

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 91l1+K3sK1L.jpg (788KB, 1956x2560px) Image search: [Google]
91l1+K3sK1L.jpg
788KB, 1956x2560px
I'm new to lifting, so I started SS but the workouts left me unfulfilled. Is doing this slightly modified version ok?

instead of squat, bench/OHP 3×5 and Deadlift 1×5, I'm thinking of doing

Squat 3×5
Bench 3×5
OHP 3×5 (Day A do bench first, day B do OHP first)
Deadlift 1×5
Chin ups 3× failure

What do you guys think?
>>
inb4 beginners shouldn't make their own routines. I'm not trying to make my own routine I'm just trying to add more of a challenge. Plus I'm coimg to you guys for advice before I try it
>>
>>42141070
I went through the same thing. Do several deload sets with all of your lifts. You can also do stiff leg deadlifts instead of deloading deadlifts. If you still have energy, you can add some additional lifts, ab workouts, and cardio.
I started SS after being physically active for a long time, and I can easily go for 2 hour workouts without getting too tired. What I did was added accessory lifts that correlated with the specific body areas focused on with each workout. For example, I would do the A workout and add additional pec and back stuff, such as chest flies and cable rows. I would then do B and add upright rows and lateral raises. The next time I did A, I would do calf raises and lunges or front squat. Repeat.

If you do add more volume, make sure you eat and sleep enough to accomodate for that
>>
Why is deadlift only 1 x 5 in SS?
Can you really make gains on it only doing 1 set 3 times a week?
>>
>>42141785
Iirc mark views it as being very heavy on the CNS. Also you squat erry session.

I do SL, which is a bastardised 5x5 SS, and despite only 1.5 1x5 diddly a week, i've been adding 5kg to it every time.
>>
shameless self bump
>>
>>42141070
Do whatever the fuck you wanna do

Maybe it won't be as efficient but it doesn't really matter if you're a noob youll make gains just getting to the gym and working on heavy compounds
>>
>>42141785
Maybe not if you're advanced, but lifting that much weight for the first time is pretty taxing. You'll also make crazy noob gains even with that relatively low volume level
>>
>>42141070
Just stick to the program. You want extra exercises right now because the weights haven't become heavy yet.
>>
>>42141785
It's 1x5 work sets. You work up to it. You also do it after 3x5 squats.
>>
>>42141070
OP I think that looks great, only thing I would do is make the second upperbody push in a different rep scheme, maybe 3x10 - if you just OHP'd 3x5, benching 3x5 might be a bit too much.
>>
>>42141785
Yes it is hard on the cns. I suggest you do 4x5 on deadlift with the weights ramping up to the top set. First set is 62,5% of set4. 2nd is 75%. 3rd is 87,5%. 4th is 100%.
Example: aiming for 100 KG×5
Set1: 62,5 KG
Set2: 75 KG
Set3: 87,5 KG
Set4: 100KG
>>
>>42141995
Is it really that hard on the CNS when you can't even lift 3 plate?
>>
>>42142019
if you're a skelly who has never touched a weight before, then yes
>>
>>42142019
Ofc
>>
>>42141070
You won't be able to recover from that once you get up to heavy weights.
>>
>>42141070
You will feel more fulfilled when the weight is heavy as fuck. Moreso on TM with 5x5 volume day
>>
>>42141070
Sure go ahead looks solid
You'll stall eventually though. When that happens, drop the squats and deadlifts on Wednesday and do light front squats and back extensions instead
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.