[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>I have created a standing lat pull down machine >I weigh

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: Untitled.png (4MB, 2000x1260px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
4MB, 2000x1260px
>I have created a standing lat pull down machine
>I weigh exactly 10 units
>I put exactly 10 units as the weight on the pull down machine
>My lats also can produce a maximum force of exactly 10 units

Do I pull the bar down, pull my self up or do a bit of both? From personal experience, I think that I could do either depending on what I focus on doing although I don't know how the mechanics would be different, is this evidence of telekinesis?
>>
>>42139168
>gravity pulls body for 10 units down
>body pulls down for an additional 10 units
>only resistance is 10 units pulling up

You'd pull the bar down.
>>
>>42139168
nothing would move
>>
>>42139215
The lats producing the force of 10 units also includes my weight, I wrote in confusingly, read 'my lats can produce' as 'the total pulling force I can produce'.

The force down and up are equal.
>>
>>42139168

Depends how quickly you shift your weight around.
>>
>>42139313
Then you're doing isometrics, lats contract and nothing moves
>>
>>42139168

>Do I pull the bar down, pull my self up or do a bit of both?

Neither, you delete this post right now!

>is this evidence of telekinesis?

Yes, now delete before the government comes after you
>>
>>42139313
equal forces cancel, you aren't strong enough to pull the bar down or yourself up
>>
>>42139168
if you have that leg suport that this machine you posted have you'll pull the weight down, if it doesn't you'll pull both untill you destabilize
>>
>>42139341
No, you would at least do a pull up even if the bar wouldn't move as you are strong enough to lift your own weight and there is nothing else in this equation stopping you
>>
>>42139371
The second you lift up off the ground that pulling power now only applies to pulling you up, not pulling the bar down. So either you stay on the ground doing an isometric lat pull or you do pull ups on a lat bar depending on if you lift off the ground or not
>>
>>42139371

In order to cause an acceleration on your body you have to produce a force greater than the force gravity exerts on your body

if you weigh 10 units and at maximum effort can only pull 10 units then you are not strong enough to do a pull up.
>>
File: 1414526870604.jpg (100KB, 488x719px) Image search: [Google]
1414526870604.jpg
100KB, 488x719px
ITT
>>
>>42139417
He's smoking some dry ass shit
>>
>>42139442
>not leaving a front portion of the rillo unpacked so as to easily reach a full ignition
It's like you're not a stoner and I need to quit smoking
>>
I created a hanging lat pulldown machine

you grab onto a bar, and pull yourself up. someone pay me
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.