[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is protein a meme? How much protein do I really need? Should

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

Is protein a meme? How much protein do I really need? Should I really be struggling to hit a certain protein goal each day, or is the effect not that much?

Someone homopill me on this shit. Hard to find solid science that isn't funded by supplement companies or just pure broscience
>>
dont need as much as some people on here say.
as long as your over 100g of protein youll b fine
>>
>>42135320

Check out "My Fitness Pal".
>>
>>42135480
I already use it mate, that's literally nothing to do with the question
>>
>>42135320
Eat well, and you'll hit your protein for the day. Don't be like the autists here that recommend 150+ grams a day.
>>
>>42135320
How much do you weigh in non-euro imagination units
>>
25g/day based on a 2000cal diet says the WHO.

I would trust them over anyone in the (((fitness industry)))
>>
File: rage2.jpg (94KB, 640x474px) Image search: [Google]
rage2.jpg
94KB, 640x474px
>>42135530
Not him. IIt sets your macros dumbass. And what the fuck is "homopill"? I hope you get sepsis.
>>
It really depends on your diet, I'm on 1300 calories a day and one gram per pound of body weight to get gainz and drop body fat
>>
>>42135618
25 grams a day is the bare minimum. Eating anything lower than that will likely get you sick after awhile. Its recommended to get at least 50 but 100 or more is ideal especially if you're gonna be lifting.
>>
File: images.jpg (23KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
23KB, 500x280px
>>
>>42135680
Yeah but that's not what I asked you literal melt
>>
>2x cans of sardines - 40gs, also around 50c each
>Half a 500ml tub of cottage cheese - 30gs
Have your eggs, oats, meat for dinner and you're sweet.
>>
>>42136231
you're telling me 2 sardine cans have 40gs of protein
>>
>>42135720
You stupid fuck
>>
>>42136231
Anon how big is that fucking can?
>>
>>42135320
I have read a lot of scientific studies and what I found was that more than 0.7 g/kg is not needed in any way... much less (about 0.2 g/kg) is enough to not loose lean mass for extended periods (months). that said there is no reason why you should nor eat more than that.
I was left with the feeling that when you eat more prot than needed for the building functions of the body it just turns the excess in energy so no real harm there too...
so dont get excited about that
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.