[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why can't you do something like 5x5 3x per week forever?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: Untitled.png (5KB, 673x472px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
5KB, 673x472px
Why can't you do something like 5x5 3x per week forever?
I really don't understand why this wouldn't work.
Like if you maybe get 5,4,3,2,2 reps or something at a certain weight and you do that 3x per week will you really get stuck forever?
I'm reading about periodization and it's confusing the fuck out of me, i just want to lift
>>
As you get stronger and lift more, the more each workout will take out of you. when you're a beginner lifting your near your max every workout isn't so bad, but if you're trying to diddy 5+plates every diddy workout then you'll just snap your shit up
>>
>>42134305
5x5 will get heavy as fuck a few months in, 3x5 will feel better and you'll be lifting heavier. That'll get too heavy eventually and you go for an intermediate program. That's just the way it goes.
>>
>>42134320
>>42134392
what about someone like this guy who does 3x5/5x5 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGDzF7sNE7g
or clarence kennedy says he does 5x5 squats everyday
why does it work for them?
>>
>>42134305
yes, you will get stuck forever

at a certain point you need more of a stimulus to progress than you can recover from by next workout, which is where periodization comes in

you have periods where you train with higher volume and do not recover all the way (you train in a fatigued state), and then you have a period where you lower the volume and dump the fatigue and supercompensate
>>
>>42134413
Olympic lifters lift often, but they also work up to that capacity over years. And clarence seems like an exception to the rule. Just because he can do it does not mean you can.
>>
>>42134413
Clarence is a genetic freak don't do what he does
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.