[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What kind of training for eventually getting into MMA? + post

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: tiny tornado.jpg (17KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
tiny tornado.jpg
17KB, 350x350px
I have started out with kickboxing (2-3 per week), in the future I want to add more martial arts when I have a strong base.
Other than that I do full body lifting 3 times a week, with 40 minutes of cardio at the end. I lift for both hypertrophy and strength, want to be more 'compact'.
Any tips? Is what I'm doing currently okay? What should I change?
> Bonus: at the same time I want to be able to look hot/sexy off-season, no I'm not gay or a trap, just a femanon
This is a serious question. Also post MMA cuties, or any girl from any martial art you like.
>>
>>42125308
Only way to get better at martial art is to practice.
Especially when you're starting. By just doing drills/bagwork you're already conditioning your body to the sport.
>>
Jumping rope is great
>>
>>42125308
You're already on the right track, kickboxing is great but muay thai will help with grappling, clinching and take downs more intensively. They are however very similar depending on your coach. That being said, your coach is probably the most reliable source you have, make sure you use them for all they're worth and ask these questions. Keep at it, consistency is key!
>>
I just want to be a strong girl so I want to join muay thai and learn how to shoot so ppl don't fuck with me
>>
>>42127308
Can't say its the best motivation I've heard but as long as you stick with it you'll get where you're going. Best advice I received was to stop looking so serious and enjoy it for what it is. Trust me the rest will come and you won't be worried about it by the time it does.
>>
>>42125308
Generally speaking, conditioning, conditioning, conditioning.
Lots and lots of cardio.
Go easy on the weightlifting. It doesn't help you that much. I'm not sure how weight classes work in MMA but you'd generally try to avoid putting on too much mass, unless you are in the highest weight class. Even then, big bloated muscles will hinder you more than help. Focus on conditioning.
>>
>>42125340
>>42127246
Both of these for conditioning.

Any basic BB routine would be nice too for some basic strength work. I'd replace squats and deadlifts with leg presses and trap bar deadlifts to avoid building fatigue in your low back and overall keeping your recovery rate higher to allow you to focus on your actual sport specific work while still building great leg/hip hinge strength.
>>
File: image_6.jpg (316KB, 1600x1068px) Image search: [Google]
image_6.jpg
316KB, 1600x1068px
How old are you? You're on a right path but be prepared to get your ass kicked multiple times when group practice happens..dont let that bring you down.
>>
>>42127426
getting your ass kicked is motivating.
>man i wanna be that good
is what goes through my mind after i get my shit pushed in at sparring.
>>
>>42127308 This is not me the OP

>>42127290
I'm from the Netherlands so Muay Thai is not exactly popular here. We have our own version of kickboxing. Though my bf does do Muay Thai and teaches me some stuff.

>>42127369
I do bulking and cutting cycles, I'm trying to become more compact, so when I cut down weight I actually have mass that is useful (muscle) rather than just being skinnyfat. I used to be anorexic so I have less muscle mass than an average person.

>>42127382
Okay will do more conditioning and switch some stuff up. Thanks
>>
>>42127438
>>42127426
19, I like it when people kick my ass because it shows me where I'm lacking and what I need to work on
>>
>>42127634
you get it. keep going
>>
File: 17579459.jpg (104KB, 1500x872px) Image search: [Google]
17579459.jpg
104KB, 1500x872px
>>42127597
>Our own version of kickboxing
does it involve wooden clogs?
>>
>>42127705
Hahahaha no! It's more focused on doing combos, lots of boxing and lowkicks, with the surprise high kick or flying knee. It also has some karate elements besides MT and regular boxing. It's more aggressive. We still do clinches, but we just have a greater focus on footwork and punches.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.