[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My gym finally got a trap bar, holy shite I have found the holy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: Trapbardead.jpg (219KB, 720x420px) Image search: [Google]
Trapbardead.jpg
219KB, 720x420px
My gym finally got a trap bar, holy shite I have found the holy land. If you haven't tried one, if you get joint paint from deadlifts and squats like me, give it a go. The movement is somewhere between a deadlift and a squat (a bit closer to DL), but for some magical reason it's pain free.
>>
File: happy.jpg (198KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
happy.jpg
198KB, 1600x900px
>>42119843
I'm happy you're happy, anon. I love you, buddy.
>>
>>42119872
Thanks man, I appreciate that.
>>
Big fan of the trap bar. I actually use it in place of squats since I injured my elbow
>>
does your gym start with an s?
>>
It's called a hex bar
>>
>>42119843
>but for some magical reason it's pain free.
Do you have a video of you deadlifting? 9/10 when people say things like this it's because they're doing something horribly wrong.
>>
>>42119843
>uses the trap bar
>is not a trap
>>
The manlet chariot is the number one piece of equipment for that one dude who has been coming in for years and made zero progress
>>
File: 1496256751145.jpg (29KB, 395x281px) Image search: [Google]
1496256751145.jpg
29KB, 395x281px
>>42120242
???
>>
>>42120137
Nope, 24 hour fitness

>>42120149
Ok

>>42120174
No video, I have bad knees and a wonky hip from years of hard running. I don't blame the deadlift, but I do praise the HEX BAR for allowing me to do the motion without pain

>>42120214
gross
>>
>>42120275
>I have bad knees and a wonky hip from years of hard running

Ahh, totally understandable. Glad you found a lift that doesn't hurt.
>>
Instructions for proper form using the hex/trap bar?
>>
>>42120419
https://youtu.be/2yD7frzkdCo
>>
Whether or not it's a squat depends on your back angle. That's the beauty of it.
>>
It doesn't train grip (at all) or traps as well but it's infinitely variable if you know what you're doing
>>
>>42119843
my gym used to have one of these and it disappeared, never even got a chance to use it
>>
>>42119843
tried it once in a random gym and loved it too. Too bad i never found another one
>>
>>42120457
Thanks anon.
>>
>>42119843
if I wanted a partial movement I would clench midway through my morning shit
>>
>>42120635
full deadlift is also a partial movement, the size of the plates is a complately arbitrary height from which to base or judge rom on. you can also grip from the low handles on a hex bar to mimic le patrician rom you seek. by the way partials are the shit anyway so your whole post sucks
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.