[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can you do more pullups if you are a fatass who can't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: how-to-master-the-pull-up.jpg (217KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
how-to-master-the-pull-up.jpg
217KB, 2000x1000px
How can you do more pullups if you are a fatass who can't even do a single one? Is there a way to make them easier to do like putting your knees on the ground when trying to do a pushup?
>>
place a chair underneath you for your feet to assist you
>>
also try to acquire the position of the girl in your picture then go down slowly without any assistance

get up with assistance and go down without
>>
assisted pullup machine if you are at a gym.

they will help you get used to the motion somewhat.

or maybe you need to focus on cardio/losing weight, and eventually get on a beginner's muscle building program.

Shit takes time man
>>
>>42116379
Jump up and slowly lower yourself. Rince and repeat enough times and you'll be able to make one clean pull up at some point.

What this >>42116415 guy said.
>>
>>42116379
basically do a negative pull up
>>
>>42116398
This. Progressions to a regular pullups are a meme, because they won't teach you proper ROM, and some like Australian pullups train your forearms and triceps much more then your lats, which you will need for regular pullups.
>>
>>42116415
Well the girl is doing wide grip chinups, which are far easier because you train your biceps more than your back.
>>
>>42116379
Losing weight should be a bigger priority than pull ups if you're a fatass. If you want to work your lats in the meantime then do pull downs and assisted pull up machines.
>>
>>42116450
yes
>>
>>42116379
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eT6jSZhMyQ4
>>
>>42116379
try doing them with lifting straps. also i find doing heavy hack rack pulls first makes pull ups feel much less challenging. sometimes i superset them.
>>
The most important thing that will make them easier it to lose weight.
>>
File: 1497361265231.jpg (175KB, 1080x1349px) Image search: [Google]
1497361265231.jpg
175KB, 1080x1349px
>>42116379
Assisted Pullup Machine/ Elastic Bands/ Lots of Negatives
+ Losing weight

Went from doing 0 at 60kg to 15 at 93kg mane so can you
>>
>>42116613
The problem with lifting straps in untrained individuals is that grip is often a safety valve for the bicep/shoulder joint/labrum, and to some extent lats.
No grip is your brain saying 'fuck I can't handle this weight'. In a fat untrained person, a SLAP injury could occur.
>>
>>42116845
if you can free hang i'd say straps are fine. if you're untrained and weigh enough straps won't let you pull yourself up at all.
>>
>>42116462
https://youtu.be/AeJGi6ae1r0
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.