[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so I've heard a lot about beginner gains and how you can

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1468174349135.jpg (963KB, 1400x960px) Image search: [Google]
1468174349135.jpg
963KB, 1400x960px
so I've heard a lot about beginner gains and how you can pretty much get them without doing anything.

Right now i'm losing weight but im not eating that well I'm just eating fewer calories in order to lose weight. If i lift am I still going to gain muscle even if i dont get enough protein? Should I not bother if im not going to eat well as well?
>>
also gaining muscle isnt exactly what im going after right now I just need to lose weight because im horribly obese, i'm just wondering if i should lift while doing a pretty huge calorie cut and no attempt to hit macros as well
>>
>>42113599
Nah dude, lose weight first than lift,it's really difficult to do both
>>
>>42113599
>and how you can pretty much get them without doing anything.

That's overstating it quite a bit, you still have to train. But you will make a lot of gains in the first 6 months or so with a proper workout.

>If i lift am I still going to gain muscle even if i dont get enough protein?
You need protein to build muscles, no way around that.
>>
>>42113649
>>42113665
so should I not bother with weight lifting and just do cardio?
>>
>>42113681
If you want to keep the muscles that you already have, then you should also lift. The body will get rid of unnecessary things when losing weight.
>>
>>42113632
Stupid.

Weight control is 100% about your intake. It doesn't matter how much you work out if you just eat more. Working out is a good way of increasing your Calories Out, which is about as effective as decreasing your Calories In.

The issue is that working out will make you hungry, which causes you to eat more, and working out doesn't burn all that many calories to begin with, so you'll either slow down your weight loss or even reverse it.

Weight control is about lifestyle changes. Simple caloric restriction will make you lose weight and then gain it all back later when you give up. You need to improve your life to something you can maintain.

Either way, you'd get some muscle by working out so long as you keep your macros (and micros) right. It's best to not go too high on the deficit, though, both for optimal muscle gain and for health reasons.
>>
>>42113599
You'll lose out on precious beginner gains if you don't eat enough. Cut first before you start lifting.

>>42113697
>The body will get rid of unnecessary things when losing weight
Yeah, but it's mostly when you're cutting too hard or not getting enough protein.
>>
>>42113599
you can lose weight and get gains if you use your noob lifts on it, but it is not a very efficient way to do it and will weaken your noob gains cut until your ready to gain weight than use your noob gains, also cardio does not kill gains
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.