[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /fit/, I've realized that training for strength or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

Hey /fit/, I've realized that training for strength or functionality is completely useless in the real world, so I now want to focus purely on building muscle (which will get me more Tinder sloots). As a natural lifter, what is the best program for hypertrophy that has been proven by research to work best, or that is completely based on research on what works best for hypertrophy? So far I've only been able to find HST (Hypertrophy Specific Training) by Bryan Haycock http://hypertrophyspecific.com/hst_index.html
It's basically full body workouts using linear periodization. Everything this guy says is backed by actual research and everything makes sense, but I'd like to hear your opinion on it since doing squats, deadlifts and bench all on the same day seem a bit too much to me. I'm coming from a Kinobody program and I've seen decent gains, but I want to maximize them and his broscience wasn't too convincing. If you know any better programs backed by research just let me know.
>>
>>42109768
>Hey /fit/, I've realized that training for strength or functionality is completely useless in the real world, so I now want to focus purely on building muscle (which will get me more Tinder sloots). As a natural lifter, what is the best program for hypertrophy that has been proven by research to work best,
I'm torn. I don't know if you should have posted this in the QTTDTOT, in the routine general of if you'd better avoid to post entirely. Lift weights sometimes,
>kinobody program
you're one of those smartasses who think they'll outsmartass people who actually lift, aren't you
>>
We know what hypertrophy is and how it works. Medium intensity, high volume, 8-12 reps, 3-5 sets, that's the whole thing. Connor Murphy released his aesthetics program, but other than that you don't need much in the way of guidance. Since you're not trying to get lift numbers up, you don't need to be nearly as rigid with your programming.
>>
3x12 circuit training 7 days/week
eat big
neck harness
>>
>>42109768
Just fucking lift weights it doesn't matter you'll get the same noob gains no matter what you do at this point
>>
>>42109904
Kinobody's programs focus mainly on building strength but lack volume, I wouldn't consider it not actually lifting
>>42109932
I knew that already, but there's a difference between full body, brosplits, two day splits. I was wondering if full body workouts as prescribed in HST are really the best way for a natural to build muscle, because there might be other research that says that another kind of routine is better, I don't know what is the general consensus on frequency.
>>
>>42109986
I've been lifting for two years, did SL 5x5 for one year and a half, and Kinobody's Superhero training since March. I've already gotten my noob gains, now I want to train optimally
>>
>>42110001
Well the goal from working out is to trigger the adaptation response. Full body or some kind of split or whatever else all work but diminishing returns will set in after some time so switch it up. If you're not trying to progress in weight then you don't need periodization, and you already know your set and rep ranges.

Pick something, do it until it slows down, deload for a week, then switch.
>>
>>42110025
>SL 5x5 for 18 months

Your leg to upper body ratio must be fucking hilarious
>>
>>42110001
>Kinobody's programs focus mainly on building strength but lack volume, I wouldn't consider it not actually lifting
well you solved my dilemma. You shouldn't have posted anything at all.
Please lurk the abovementioned generals and read the fucking sticky.
>>
>>42110025
>SL 5x5 for one year and a half, and Kinobody's Superhero training since March
ahahaahahahahahaha jesus fucking christ
>>
>>42109768
>doing squats, deadlifts and bench all on the same day seem a bit too much to me.
People do this all the time. It's called SS.
>>
>>42109768
If you want to build a lot of muscle quickly you need three things.
A) A shit load of training volume (look up German Volume Training)
B) A massive amount of food a day (yes you will get slightly fat but I thought that you wanted to get fucking big, and cutting BF% is easy)
C) To make all of this work together you need a fair amount of AAS, just like kino body
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.