[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey /fit/ used to be pretty fat, joined the military, lost a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_20170711_174247.jpg (73KB, 500x416px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170711_174247.jpg
73KB, 500x416px
hey /fit/

used to be pretty fat, joined the military, lost a fuckton of weight and started lifting. still making progress but moving next month. literally never cooked for myself. parents or military fed me my whole life. now im looking to have to prepare my own food. where can i find some really good (relatively simple) meal plans that will help me continue to lose weight?
>>
/ck/

goodbye
>>
>>42108027
What is your current weight and goal weight?
As far as cooking goes, just start simple. /ck/ is decent if you can handle the bantz, and pretty much everyone who's lived on their own has had to learn to cook so that's a plus. Just make every meal on your own and you'll get better. For techniques and some good recipes check out FoodWishes on youtube. If something sounds good, look up a recipe and follow the directions, it's really that simple. You won't be great at first, but within a couple months you'll have the techniques down and will be able to make multiple meals very well. Go buy a decent set of cookware and a bunch of different spices.
To help you get started, two easy meals that will help you lose weight are chili con carne and chicken, broccoli, and rice. You can find a million simple chili recipes online and /fit/ always has /crb/ threads for chicken. Good luck anon
>>
step one: brine some motherfucking chicken breasts for around six hours
step two: douse both sides in fuckloads of fiesta lime mrs dash
step three: grill that motherfucker @400 degrees, four minutes each side
step four:eat
step five: change your underwear
step six: gains
>>
>>42108027
Learn how to make staples, like rice, oats, yam/potato, beans etc. I get told I eat "so healthy" frequently, when all I do is eat simple unprocessed foods like those

Invest in a rice cooker and crock pot, and gradually try recipes. Don't have to make something new all the time, I usually cook for 3 lunches in a row, oats for breakfast
>>
Learn how to marinate 6 chicken breasts. Then meal prep for a week. Rinse and repeat for the rest of you're life and adjust accordingly
>>
>>42109185
It's true, OP. The best foods for you are some of the easiest to cook if you want to keep them healthy.

You can bake chicken and steam/boil broccoli pretty easily. Yams and potatoes are also just a matter of applying heat. Start with things like that. Then as you feel comfortable doing that, learn to make rice properly (honestly you'll probably fuck something up the first couple of times -- it'll still be edible but it won't be the best). You can then move on to learn methods like pan roasting, grilling, sous vide, whatever.

But just remember -- the easiest way is often the healthiest. Chicken. Vegetables. Apply heat. Enjoy.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.