[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does this board like starting strength so much? It's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4

File: alphadestiny.jpg (235KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
alphadestiny.jpg
235KB, 1920x1080px
Chads don't do autistic powerlifting routines. Just lol @ you gymcels.
>>
File: 1494590031638.png (643KB, 1398x925px) Image search: [Google]
1494590031638.png
643KB, 1398x925px
why are people so fanatical about routine, just work out what ever you feel like,

Good Feels = Good Gains
>>
>>42106302
That's terrible advice
>>
alex's routine is probably the best novice program out there desu
>>
Because no one can come up with a better alternative without getting fucking shat on.

All alternatives posted here are just regurgitated from other bro's without any actual rational thought behind.

Hit me with one, and we'll see.
>>
>>42106583
it's actually good advice coming from someone experienced. Chasing the pump + eating enough = good gains
>>
>>42106609
manlet destiny detected
>>
File: Capture.png (22KB, 640x118px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
22KB, 640x118px
>>42106620
>>
>>42106620
a fucking brosplit would most likely be better than ss for general athleticism, proportional and optimal body development, and work capacity. i could eat a bowl of exercises and shit out a better program.
>>
>>42106652
nice meme

>>42106671
there's no point doing bro splits when you can recover from full body very easily. they are more appropriate for intermediate or advanced lifters, but you knew this already.

no point wasting recovery days.
>>
>>42106671
you can eat me any time ;0
>>
>>42106620
A push pull or a full body split with a focus on Volume and hypertrophy will give you better results than straight strength training
>>
>>42106271
Oh look another manlet destiny thread. Please post his meme routine again so it can be torn apart and laughed at.
>>
>>42106715

>full body split
let's see it then

>A push pull
ppl is and will always be a roid program
>>
>>42106709
do 30 sets per bodypart, and tell me if you recover in 2-3 days. Brosplits are goat for bodybuilding, natty or not.
>>
>>42106715
>A push pull or a full body split with a focus on Volume and hypertrophy will give you better results than straight strength training

Except that's not true at all and research has shown that strength training for a natty is the most efficient. In what delusional world do you think baby weight is going to make you strong?
>>
>>42106737
Please fuck back off to your college weight room. Adults are talking.
>>
>>42106709
>there's no point doing bro splits when you can recover from full body very easily. they are more appropriate for intermediate or advanced lifters, but you knew this already.

of course not, but ss is so volume-o-phobic a brosplit is more likely to accumulate sufficient volume for optimal growth in every body part but posterior chain than rippetoe's turd of a routine.
>>
>>42106767
Stay small, "adult"
>>
>>42106622
I wouldn't call myself experienced really, but I've been at it for a few years and as long as your routine is halfway decent, you should be doing the routine that you enjoy doing.

Everytime I've tried to do a given program because "holy shit brahs you'll make insane gains" and I ended up not liking it, I would be more apt to fizzle out or take breaks when an inevitable plateau came.

You should be leaving the gym feeling great for like 80%+ of your workouts. You should feel a great pump and look forward to the next workout. If you aren't looking forward to the next workout and aren't enjoying your time in the gym then it's time to switch it up a bit, or else you aren't gonna make it.
>>
>>42106737

30 sets per bodypart is just a waste of time for a novice, and just a bad idea for multiple of reasons.

but the main reason is, you don't need that much overload to force your muscles to grow, at all, or even optimally.

i don't know any other field in the world where this thinking is so free to flourish like this. we always start from the bottom, and work our way to the top. you always build up to it.

when you've advanced enough to need this kind of stimuli, then brosplits are very appropriate, and one of the only ways to train for most people.
>>
File: Full-Sheiko-Novice-Routine.jpg (146KB, 1235x418px) Image search: [Google]
Full-Sheiko-Novice-Routine.jpg
146KB, 1235x418px
>>42106737
haha yeah dude, actually working when working out? who has time for that, let's do 3 sets of flat bench, that'll be all for this week.
>>
>>42106796
Hit that nerve didn't I? I hope you know everyone laughs at your totally sweet routine of 30 reps with 25lbs dumbbells.
>>
>>42106743
how do you program heavy lifting 3 days a week?
>>
>>42106824
who said i lift light?
4-5 sets x 5-8 reps
>>
>>42106831
>how do you program heavy lifting 3 days a week?

hahahahahahahahaha, oh you can't it's impossible.
>>
>who said i lift light?
How much of your routine is dumbbells. I gotta know.
>>
>>42106811
i wasn't addressing it to novices
>>
>>42106816
But but muh Rippertoe said 3 sets a week or it's overtraining
>>
>>42106816

this is not even the correct novice routine. check the app.

sheiko has also stated that novice for him means novice to POWERLIFTING, not novice to lifting.

his REAL novice to LIFTING, not POWERLIFTING, is posted on his forums, but requires a coach to be executed correctly. this program is basically a 5x5 with linear periodiziation, check it yourself.

no critical thinking, as usual.

>>42106774

if you do SS correctly you'll increase the volume accordingly for upper lifts, after 2-3 months, but can happen as early as one month.

many ceritfied ss coaches, Austin Baraki & Jordan Feigenbaum for instance, which has some online persence, recommends switching to a 5x3 and 5x5 scheme on upper lifts very early. you increase using 5x3, and next time you use 5x5 on the same weight, then 5x3 with increase, etc.

you will also cut down on squatting intensity at a similar time
>>
>>42106866

we're talking about critiques of SS, why wouldn't you talk about a novice?
>>
>>42106860
Flat bench, Lateral Raises, Hammer curls, One arm preacher curl, Lunges
>>
>>42106896
>lunges
You could have just said that so I could ignore you. You're a retard.
>>
someone redpill me on if skipping squats is good idea.
>>
>>42106622
>just work out what ever you feel like,
This works somewhat with someone who knows what they're doing with at least some focus on keeping balance
Too many people will end up with weirdly disproportionate lifts/physiques and possibly hurt themselves
If you look in the average commercial gym, only half the gym touches dumbbells/barbells and only half of them know what the fuck they're doing. Too many people doing preacher curls with a belt or chasing chest pump doing incline dumbbell bench with their elbows at their sides
>>
>>42106894
Because im triggered by /fit/'s phobia of high volume, and Reg Park's beginner program is probably the best if we are talking about starting
>>
>>42106920

i dont know how you could approach anything in life like this.

do you always pick up new things without any actual research or thought behind it? do you just do everything based on feeling and luck? and if you fail you think you're not talented?

why are you proud of being ignorant and unwilling to learn? whatever you feel like is just equal to laziness to adhere to a routine, created by you or someone else
>>
>>42106883
please do kindly point me to that sheiko beginner routine, ive only seen that one and another one that doesnt have a neat chart and is even more dense with volume and exercise selection.
also, isnt it funny that his powerlifting specific program has far higher diversity of movements than what's supposed to be a general introduction to barbell training?
>>
>>42106909
squats 3 times a week...autist
>>
>>42106271
I dont know why, maybe because they are lazy not to look another program
>>
>>42106913
Do high bar, don't be a low bar retard
>>
>>42106940
stage 1 http://sheiko-program.ru/forum/index.php?topic=5.0

stage 2 http://sheiko-program.ru/forum/index.php?topic=270.0

the pic you posted is a horrible misinterpration of the actual beginner routine. i don't know how he creator could mess it up that badly.

>>42106931
it's not about hating volume. it's about doing enough volume to grow efficiently, and stopping there. only increasing it when you really need to do.

ppl here love sheiko and it has the craziest volume, and it's a strength routine) but it's for late intermediate-advanced lifters.
>>
>>42106849
like what periodization. you can't lift heavy on all lifts every day
>>
>>42106620

point proven, once again.

you guys are cute. :)
>>
>>42106839
Woah 4-5 sets of 5-8 reps with 25Ibs dumbbells, tough guy.
>>
>>42106271
>doing cookie cutter routines
>not studying exercise science enough to be able to design a program for yourself based on your specifics that actually works
WEW

Starting strength as programming is a meme as much as GOMAD. The usefulness of Rippletits work is in learning and coaching the big 4 lifts. It's a tool in the toolbox, not gospel.

>>42106737
>what is "overtraining"
>>
>>42106730
ppl is and will always be a roid program
That's simply not true.
>>
>>42107596
Have you ever tried it? Barbells help you cheat more weight up. You might be able to bench 200lbs on a bar, but I'll bet you can't bench 100lb dumbbells in your hands.

Where is your strength now?
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.