[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>that guy who doesn't really look like he lifts in a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: frodo.png (214KB, 400x399px)
frodo.png
214KB, 400x399px
>that guy who doesn't really look like he lifts in a regular shirt but then he starts lifting some monster weights in front of you

I thought mass = strength? How come this happens?
>>
>>42097667
>mass = strength
somewhat but it's not a hard rule
>>
>>42097667
What? You estimated someones strength based on how he looks? I bet you would think Roy Nelson looks out of shape if you saw him walking around somewhere
>>
>>42097704
Fatasses like him always have some muscle hidden beneath those layers of fat. I'm talking about guys with a regular build who lift way more than you should expect them to.
>>
>>42097734
Same goes for fighters. Just because a guy is big doesn't mean anything. I'm 5'10", 170lbs, and in good shape but I'm not swole. You can't lift weights with your face and my daddy told me no one ever asks how you win a fight.

Most people don't think this way though. People nowadays have no respect. They see a big guy and they get scared. But a normal white guy like me? They want to press buttons.

Be the quiet guy and mind your business. But when it's go time do your thing. Otherwise, see nothing hear nothing say nothing.
>>
>>42097667

Goku told us like 20 years ago not to judge someones strength based on their size.
>>
>>42097821
ITS OVER 9000!!!!!!
>>
>>42097675
This mass = higher potential for strength
>>
>>42097667
favorable leverages for that lift, high degree of neurological optimization, good technique

there is more to lifting weights than being big and muscular, even if being big and muscular is the best predictor of strength (~90% of the difference in total between powerlifters can be attributed to differences in lean mass, I can pull this meta-analysis up if anyone cares)
>>
>>42097675
Except it doesn't

>>42097818
And fighters have a whole different world behind them.

Main reason for either of these cases IS how much force their muscles put out as they contract.

Look at the lightweights in USPLF they got some insane numbers and they're barely a buck 50.

Same with fighters.

Its called selective hypertrophy. Specifically of the fast twitch muscle fibers.

This kinda helps.
http://www.sportivnypress.com/2014/scientific-methodological-aspects-of-training-the-kazakhstan-select-team/
>>
Where you from, OP?
>>
>>42097850
To add to this. Even if you are a lion among men, hyenas never attack a lion 1 on 1. If it's a big guy, pick a situational tool up, use a dedicated tool or get some people to ride with you.

Lock in a sock costs about 5 dollars.

Everything posted here is satirical in nature and should not be taken seriously.
>>
Mass and strength aren't related.
The Wilks Formula is pointless.
>>
>>42097667
Some fuckers are just really strong.
>>
>>42097942
>mass and strength aren't related

boy howdy we have a full blown retard on our hands

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11990746
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25611080

https://www.strongerbyscience.com/powerlifters-should-train-more-like-bodybuilders/

despite what all your tumblr blogs and DYEL logic may lead you to believe, muscle size is highly correlated with strength
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.