[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is anyone else afraid of getting old? I'm not sure if it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Is anyone else afraid of getting old? I'm not sure if it's caused by bodybuilding and self improvement in general but I've found myself seriously getting scared of becoming old and seeing myself waste away and know that I will never go back. The funny thing is, I'm actually pretty young and before what most would consider the prime of their life, meaning I have plenty of life ahead of me, but the fact that it is a finite time scares the shit out of me.

>pic mildly related, kozo sudo, Japanese bodybuilder who I met at the local gym he runs in Japan. At that time I was a skelly just starting to lift that didn't know how to squat, and he showed me the ropes in his gym. The man was an old husk of himself at the time, still in great shape and probably one of the greatest for his age (his legs were tree stumps) but the aging had still stolen most of his former glory shown in the pic
>>
>>42094673
I've been afraid of aging since I was a little kid, but I've come to realise it's no thing to worry about, we all get old and wrinkly and pur muscles waste away before we die. If anything helped me, it was understanding that wisdom is something that just accumulates over the years, and you don't make as many dumb decisions as when you were young. Also people in general start to respect and listen to you more as you get closer to your thirties.

I'm interested to see what that japanese dude looks like in his old age, if you got some pic, please post them. I'm sure he looks great if he keeps himself in shape.
>>
>>42094673
Not everyone is lucky enough to live to see their bodies so marred
>>
File: image.jpg (70KB, 296x822px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70KB, 296x822px
>>42094769
Here's a pic I took with him when I left Japan after he first showed me around. Look at my arm lol, pretty funny how I was that skinny at one point. One sad thing is if the poor guy just knew English, he would definietly be known as one of the greats of classic bodybuilding. He competed along the legends like serge nubret, and was tight w a lot of them. He recieved lots of offers etc to come to the USA, but he didn't like it because he couldn't understand what was going on in the USA, so he just wanted to stay with what he knew
>>
>>42094865
He's jacked, I want to look like him when I'm old. Also seems like a positive dude based on just his appearance. How did you end up training with him in Japan? T. >>42094769
>>
it's unavoidable so just make the best of it, by the time you realize you're deteriorating you'll hopefully have a family or kids and that'll be more important than losing your youth
>>
>>42094926
I have family in Japan so I went to visit them around the time I started lifting. I knew there was a gym about a block away, but it looked mad dilapidated and I wasn't sure if it even was a gym. I went to scout it out and there he was, chillin on the couch watching tv in the corner of a gym with all 70s equiptment
>>
I just think every age has its up sides and I'll enjoy all of them. Just gonna try my best to maintain my health and fitness.
>>
>>42096559
Sounds like by accident you found the perfect place to start your iron journey. Thx for the story senpai
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>42096636
I'm returning in a week. Feels good man
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.