[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So we all know calories are a meme. You do know that right anon?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 6

File: Soluble-fiber-foods.jpg (151KB, 626x416px) Image search: [Google]
Soluble-fiber-foods.jpg
151KB, 626x416px
So we all know calories are a meme. You do know that right anon? And the only thing that matters for body composition is hormones, so whats are the best foods for maintaining insulin levels and /comfy/ blood sugar levels.

Lets compile a /fit/ list of our favourite HIGH FIBER and LOW SUGAR foods.

Hard mode: No oestrogen fulled man-boob beans
>>
File: IDShot_540x540.jpg (44KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
IDShot_540x540.jpg
44KB, 540x540px
I'll go first: This is All Bran, if I'm not mistaken, the lowest glycemic index cereal around, with 100g containing 27g of fiber.

For all you americucks, the all bran they sell in the US has more sugar in it, so be careful when looking around.
>>
File: 1493624494556.jpg (104KB, 564x1794px) Image search: [Google]
1493624494556.jpg
104KB, 564x1794px
>>42091553
>only thing that matters for body comp is hormones.
Citation needed. Hormones obviously play a huge role, but if you think eating 500-1000cal over maintenance won't make you gain weight, you are mistaken.

>estrogen-filled man-boob beans
Citation needed. If you don't understand that phytoestrogens don't interact with the body in the same way that mamalian estrogen does, you're going to limit yourself from eating things that are great for you like LENTILS which are high fiber and low sugar.

Endocrinology and gut microbiome health are important for body comp and health generally tho. Wish more people paid attention to them instead of ignoring or being oblivious to them while only paying attention to calories in/calories out and macros.
>>
>>42091817
> but if you think eating 500-1000cal over maintenance won't make you gain weight, you are mistaken.

The hormonal balance of the body and the origin of these calories will make a huge difference to what happens to these excess calories though. People on roids can eat 4000 calories over TDEE and put it all on as muscle, others will have the metabolism subconsciously raised and loose the extra calories through fidgeting or internal temperature.

Eating excess energy (calories) will make you gain weight, we don't defy the laws of physics, but you can't argue that my body composition will be different if I eat 1000 kcal extra from Doughnuts and don't exercise vs 1000 kcal extra from Chicken breast and have hightened testosterone from weight training.
>>
>>42091817
>only thing that matters for body comp is hormones

You can see where the insulin injections this diabetes suffer must take are causing fat to accumulate. If this weight gain was just from excess calories it would be uniformly spread across the body but it is only at the sight of the frequently heightened insulin levels.
>>
File: Screenshot_20161111-185135.png (2MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161111-185135.png
2MB, 1440x2560px
>>42091952
Nice red pill anon
Delete this fucking image though
>>
>>42091952
I don't know, man. Is that stomach fuckable? Not based on preference or lust, but physically
>>
>>42091817
Any good liver recipes?
>>
>>42091952
please delete this thanks
>>
>>42091553
disregarding the "calories don't matter" meme, lentils are god-tier and are high-protein to boot
>>
in4 more unreferenced blog science
>>
File: hedonism.png (311KB, 771x749px) Image search: [Google]
hedonism.png
311KB, 771x749px
>>42091553
Bump for interest.

Currenly doing IF (Intermittent Fasting) for hormonal reasons.

I train on fasted state at 7AM, break the fast with with a shake post-train (kefir+2 scoops of whey+banana); eat again at 11AM and 2PM, then cease to eat.

Making strenght gains and curiously losing belly fat - altought I'm eating calories for maintenance.
>>
>>42092817
Do you make your own kefir?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.