[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some lifts for aesthetics? All I've really done

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

File: 3D Pepe.jpg (74KB, 700x688px) Image search: [Google]
3D Pepe.jpg
74KB, 700x688px
What are some lifts for aesthetics? All I've really done so far is starting strength for the past 3 months and want to make sure I'm not ignoring any muscle groups.
>>
File: image.jpg (45KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45KB, 640x360px
Rippletoes claims another victim
>>
>>42088476
name one muscle starting strength does not work
>>
>>42088484
the penis, since bitches will think you are fat, while fucking Chad
>>
>>42088456
curls, rear delt raises, lateral raises

do those every session if you can, they're not very fatiguing and biceps/delts can tolerate a lot of volume and frequency
>>
>>42088715

alright thanks I'll try those out tomorrow
>>
>>42088456
do some direct arm work

curls, any variation really
triceps, i like the skullcrusher for direct isolation, or do things like dips of close grip bench

shrugs possibly, i like power shrugs
rear delts should be hit enough in rows, isolate when you are more experienced
>>
>>42088484
Masseters. Unless you're chewing your mad milk.
>>
If your diet is on point and you're doing accessories, you'll look good with SS, don't fall for the memes.
I'd say do pullups, chinups, rows and maybe some direct arm work in higher volume at the end of your sessions. (Obviously not all of them on one day)
>>
>>42088619
Benis is not a muscle
>>
>>42088866
How are pullups and rows "accessories"? Most untrained people can't do pullups at all. Those are primary lifts, but as Rippletits says "not part of the program xd"
>>
>>42088905
they're optional in many programs because deadlift, bench press, squat are the only major ones that should be mandatory
for exmaple, dips are just as "primary" as pull ups are
>>
>>42088929
I'll never understand how flat bench press isn't an accessory, especially if rowing and pullups are.
>>
>>42088968
because you can lift a lot of weight with it
>>
>>42088980
I can row more than I can bench, as can most lifters who aren't out of proportion.
>>
>>42088997
Your bench is garbage.
>>
>>42089009
Your row is garbage.

You're also out of proportion with the natural human form.
>>
Another thing is that most people can't row at all because it requires a lot of flexibility to get into that position
and most people can't do a single pull up

whereas anyone without a medical condition can bench press
>>
File: image.jpg (96KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
96KB, 1280x720px
>>42089024
Yeah I'm not gonna snap my shit up trying to row 300+lbs.
And nobody around here wants to look natural.
>>
>>42089074
Up to a point. Then they're shitty back means they can't retract their scapula properly, and they end up fucking up their bench press as a result.

>>42089091
You might be on to something, given how much respect Scooby gets around here with his massive pecs dominating his physique, which just looks utterly terrible.

Anyhow, you're only going to snap your shit up rowing 300 if you don't train properly, just like how you could've snapped your shit up trying to bench on your first day at the gym. Start by rowing the bar, you'll eventually get there! Never give up, hunch-back senpai!
>>
>>42089118
>goes into the gym to row everyday and refuses to bench
Pretty sure you're the one nicknamed "hunchback" at your gym
>>
File: too much push.gif (11KB, 500x350px) Image search: [Google]
too much push.gif
11KB, 500x350px
>>42089148
>having a strong back makes you hunch over
Yeah, you know nothing about posture.

Flat bench press is pointless when you can incline and do OHP. Meanwhile, 70% of your muscles are in your back. What it's like to be able to turn to the side and completely disappear?
>>
>>42089194
obviously meant 70% of your torso muscles, not your total body
>>
File: image.jpg (37KB, 780x433px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37KB, 780x433px
>>42089194
Bench Press is a sport. Your bullshit lifts are just accessories, shit I do when the real training is basically done for the day. You're a fucking casual.
>>
>>42089220
>bench press is a sport
Poker is a sport. Fishing is a sport. Eating hot dogs is a sport. Stacking cups is a sport. Enjoy your sport.

I train for art.

Look at how mad you are because you have a weak back.
>I just benched lmao4pl8, should I hit back today? Nah, it does nothing for my sport. I need to work on getting more arch in my spine, so I can be better at my ego lifting....I mean....sport.
>>
>>42089260
>I train for art

LMFAO
>>
>>42088905
I call them accessories because the focus is on the big 3 and you can't make progress as fast on them
>>
>>42089260
How mich do you row? What type of row are we talking about here?
Also
>I train for art
>>
>>42088484
Brachialis

Rear delt
>>
>>42089327
>the focus is on the big 3
You're a powerlifter?

>you can't make progress as fast on them
You can progress on row as fast as bench. Your lats are naturally bigger than your pecs.

>>42089354
I don't test one rep maxes. On a barbell bent-over row I usually put on 200 for 4x10, but I mix up a lot of my pull day
>underhanded
>underhanded chest supported
>high rows
>dumbbell rows
>face pulls
I have no interest in being a powerlifter and lifting heavy weights just for the sake of a number. OP was asking about aesthetics.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.